Whatcha Been Playing?

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
AndyKurosaki

Re: Whatcha Been Playing?

Post by AndyKurosaki »

I doubt it, I reckon it'll be a "hope you like waiting" job for 4 and 5. I'll most certainly be getting the next series on 360.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Just booted up Modern Warfare 2, it's given me the option to 'avoid disturbing content'?!?!?.

Never seen this before, wish they put this in Portal 2 for Wheatley! ;)

I've decided I won't be offended.

UPDATE

Start off with a voice over from Lance Henrikson (Admiral Hackett) then the guy who does Anderson. I'm expecting the Reapers any minute.....
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

It's the now infamous 'Airport scene', the scene that didn't need to be added. I played it, it has a little bit of story at the end, but it was something that shouldn't have been in there in the first place.
Buckled Kipper

Post by Buckled Kipper »

DomsBeard wrote:I enjoyed Enslaved but I though the last third was poor
Spoiler: show
from when you go to find Pigsy onwards
ending was total bobbins too
Couldn't disagree more. That game has an amazing ending.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

NokkonWud wrote:It's the now infamous 'Airport scene', the scene that didn't need to be added. I played it, it has a little bit of story at the end, but it was something that shouldn't have been in there in the first place.
Yeah totally pointless level I don't understand why it's in there. I didn't shoot any civilians.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Buckled Kipper wrote:
I seem to remember the game being based on an old Chinese tale. I wonder how that ended?.
magicjoef

Post by magicjoef »

I've been playing some 10,000,000 on iOS after hearing about it on some podcasts, and it really is a great little mobile game. Bite-size, but progressive. Simple, but engaging.
Ghost World

Post by Ghost World »

Buckled Kipper wrote:
I'm with Buckled Kipper on this one, I like the ending to Enslaved as it's both bleak and strangely uplifting at the same time.

Trip and monkey made for great characters whom I personally fell in love with but Pigsy can die in a fire and be served between two slices of bread! (I also hated his DLC)
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

The Trip/Monkey relationship was great I feel it was maybe a chapter or 2 longer than it should've been.

I'm well into MW2 now and enjoying it, I've just started fighting on the streets of Virginia and I never thought I'd say it but I'm into the story!?. The combats mental and I can only manage about a hour before I need to chill out on Skyrim for a while.

Downloaded Hearthfire and trying to decide where to build my house is difficult as I don't fast travel. I think stick with my Whiterun pad for now and begin the long walk to Riften to look into adopting (I'm currently in Solitude).
Dante Fireseed

Post by Dante Fireseed »

At the moment it's all about the Diablo's.....playing some inferno co-op with a friend :)
Donk

Post by Donk »

Finally got round to Demon's Souls, about 8 hours in and still stuck in Boletarian Palace. There's these 2 blue eyed knights that bash me every time. Still awesome.
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Donk wrote:Finally got round to Demon's Souls, about 8 hours in and still stuck in Boletarian Palace. There's these 2 blue eyed knights that bash me every time. Still awesome.
Keep at it, you'll slip into a mentality of doing it right after a while. Shortly after you'll become aware you're doing it right. A fraction of a second after this point you'll die with 50,000 souls shed on the floor and a 2% chance of regaining them. Good luck! :D

Just started Castlevania: Lords of Shadow here and after a few hours I'm already wondering what kept me from playing it. Might be a little too much praise given that I finished Yakuza: Dead Souls earlier and saw my love for the Yakuza series take a turn for the worse.
Cress1968

Post by Cress1968 »

Spent the last week watching/helping my youngest work his way arkham city. First game he's ever took an interest in and never having played it myself its been good fun watching the game unfold and at the same time watching him get pleasure from playing it :)
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Cress1968 wrote:Spent the last week watching/helping my youngest work his way arkham city. First game he's ever took an interest in and never having played it myself its been good fun watching the game unfold and at the same time watching him get pleasure from playing it :)
So your a bit like Robin then? ;)
Cress1968

Post by Cress1968 »

Yes but he does look slightly better in tights ;)
Roy42

Post by Roy42 »

Got the "Mile High Club" achievement in Modern Warfare. Pretty challenging, though dodgy AI doesn't help that any. It gets markedly easier when you adjust to the fact that you don't need to kill everyone, just enough people to push through to three specific points in the level. As with quite a few games, Brad Shoemaker managed to make it look a lot harder than it honestly is.
Mr Nicey

Post by Mr Nicey »

Taking advantage of the XBLA sale I tore myself away from the Space Marine MP to try out:
Pinball FX2 which has awesome physics and good fun.
Sadly I am also 3 or 4 bosses through Bloodforge & am utterly disappointed. It feels half finished with invisible walls all over the place, uninspired combat combos an flow not to mention a pretty boring narrative and a not so subtle way to hide facial animations (everyone has a mask or helmet). I guess you win some & loose some!
Baron Phil

Post by Baron Phil »

Finished the story in Sleeping Dogs, great game from start to finish.
Definitely going to come back and finish up the side missions and collectibles, but for now it on to Darksiders 2.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

I watched my girlfriend play McPixel last night. Its a point and click game merged with WarioWare style microgames in which each scene you are asked to save the day from dynamite in the weirdest ways.

Whilst the game is hilarious on its on merit, watching her face get completely baffled as a man gets sucked into a bin and saves the day was the cherry on the biscuit.

Utter madness and is on a "pay what you want or torrent it if you like" over at http://www.mcpixel.net
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Also approaching the 40 hour mark of Dark Souls and I can sense the games end?!

A sentence I never thought I'd say!