Whatcha Been Playing?

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
DomsBeard

Re: Whatcha Been Playing?

Post by DomsBeard »

Just finished Modern Warfare 2. I really really enjoyed it and 3 is top of my Lovefilm list. Treated myself to Metal Gear Solid HD collection today so I'm about to start Peace Walker...........NOW
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

Glad you enjoyed it, I remember it getting quite a bit of grief at launch because it fell short of Call of Duty 4, but never understood it, I too thoroughly enjoyed it and the unrelenting pace of it was never short of enjoyable so it's always nice to hear when someone else is also enjoying themselves with it.
Sean

Post by Sean »

MW2 is a rollercoaster of a game. I had a blast with it.

I'm currently giving Rage a second chance and I'm enjoying more this time around, after all the hype has died down. Probably has the best looking sky I've seen in a game, so far, as weird of a compliment as that is.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Oh Kojima, why insinuate that a characters been raped then let me zoom into her underwear?.

MW2 is definitely a roller coaster and I was shocked at the
Spoiler: show
Shephard double cross
mik

Post by mik »

Mark of the Ninja. Pretty terrific stuff. Feels like Klei took lessons learned from Shank and crafted a wholly new gameplay experience using just the most successful, essential elements of their previous games.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Christ playing Peace Walker has proved how much I must've relied on crawling in MGS3, I keep doing it without thinking! :/.
Ghost World

Post by Ghost World »

DomsBeard wrote:Christ playing Peace Walker has proved how much I must've relied on crawling in MGS3, I keep doing it without thinking! :/.
Yeah Peace Walker is a lot more fast paced and action orientated than MGS3, I remember crouching down and spinning around in circles in many a Metal Gear game over the years in fact I think the first Metal Gear game to perfect it's pron movement is MGS4!
Roy42

Post by Roy42 »

I got Deadly Premonition. I'm starting the game now. (Isn't that right, Zach?)

Wish me luck.
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

Not really played a whole lot over the last few weeks, been busy with a pup and when I have had the time I haven't had the inclination. I did finish the last few Assassins Creed Revelations achievements mind.

Gave 10000000 a bit of a whirl recently and I am enjoying that in 10 minute spurts.
magicjoef

Post by magicjoef »

I finished off Crysis 2. I enjoyed the first half more than the second as it felt a bit more open (a bit like the first one, though not on the same scale). Some jaw dropping visuals at times.

Now I've fallen back into New Vegas. I loved Fallout 3 and played it through a couple of times, but I don't think I had enough of a break before tackling New Vegas originally. But now I'm back in, and it is brilliant!
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

Took a while to "click" with me, but I've bought Rock Band Blitz. Once I got over the fact I'm not supposed to hit every note, it got it's hooks into me.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Yeah I need to get into New Vegas again. I hit a wall after playing the god awful Dead Money DLC.

Enjoying Peace Walker so far, need to get my head round mother base stuff and is there a way to buy tranq darts?. Found the comic book stuff a bit odd to start with but I'm getting used to it. I've started replaying missions love ballooning people away after knocking them out. I'm presuming you can upgrade this as its only letting me do it 9 times a mission.

Oh and Skyrim, always Skyrim! :D still not adopted anyone.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

You can upgrade your Fulton system four times I believe. In the end you can get a Fulton gun/launcher - shoot up to 99 people per level to instantly transport them back to base! :D
countstex

Post by countstex »

Made a start on Oddworld: Stranger Wrath the other night after finally seeing sense and getting a PSN+ account. Been interested in it since Dez' Quick Rinse on it. I'm presently dying a lot. Left it on default difficulty which is one up from easiest, still trying to work out if I'm just bad or if it;s a game I need to play on 'Easy'...
Dante Fireseed

Post by Dante Fireseed »

Mass Effect 3 - after renting it 4 months ago and barely touching it, I feel it's about time to actually play and finish it! I'm enjoying it so far, and it plays very much like ME2 but the story isn't sucking me in as much.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Dante Fireseed wrote:Mass Effect 3 - after renting it 4 months ago and barely touching it, I feel it's about time to actually play and finish it! I'm enjoying it so far, and it plays very much like ME2 but the story isn't sucking me in as much.
Story is not as good in 3, its a case of tying up all the loose ends before the end of the game. Tuchanka's the stand out section, don't think it gets any better than that in my opinion. Still one of my favourite series of all time though even if 3 soured it a bit (day one DLC, multiplayer, etc)
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Mass Effect 3 made me sad. And not in a good way.
:(
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

ratsoalbion wrote:Mass Effect 3 made me sad. And not in a good way.
:(
Chobot turn your Shep down?
Cress1968

Post by Cress1968 »

I still haven't completed the campaign on ME3, I got totally sucked into the multiplayer from day one ... I must get round to playing it :)
Sean

Post by Sean »

No exaggeration, my girlfriend is now on her THIRTY-SECOND play-through of ME3.

She kind of likes it, I guess.