Your Anticipated Games of 2012

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Sean

Your Anticipated Games of 2012

Post by Sean »

With less than a half a year left, we're heading into the home stretch for 2012. What are you looking forward to most?

I'm pretty pumped for both LittleBigPlanet Karting and Vita. I was lucky enough to get into both betas, and, I really liked what I saw. Super cute.

I actually think Black Ops 2 looks promising. Halo 4 as well, but, not I'm entirely sold on it yet.

Most of all though, Borderlands 2 and Assassin's Creed 3 look like the true winners, IMO.
JaySevenZero
Admin

Re: Your Anticipated Games of 2012

Post by JaySevenZero »

Battlefield 3 Armoured Kill, Battlefield 3 Aftermath, Dishonoured, The official Cane & Rinse website/forum/world domination meta-game!

Actually, Assassin's Creed 3 does look quite impressive too - be quite keen to hand it to those English red coat wearing fools!
Combine Hunter

Post by Combine Hunter »

(cracks fingers)

Antichamber (TBC)
Assassin's Creed 3
Borderlands 2
Closure (steam version)
Dishonored
Dyad (BECAUSE IT'S STILL NOT OUT YET IN THE UK!)
Far Cry 3 (this is still 2012 right?)
Guacamelee (TBC)
Halo 4
Hitman: Absolution
Mark of the Ninja
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
Persona 4: Arena
Resident Evil 6 (interested, not excited)
Retro City Rampage (TBC)
Super Time Force (TBC)
Torchlight 2
The Unfinished Swan (TBC)
X-com

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN "SPORTS GAMES" ARE THE ONLY GENRE YOU DISLIKE!!!
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

The Basement Collection coming next week for £3. A collection of Edmund Mcmillens games before Super Meat Boy. There are some cracking games which ive yet to play properly but this Steam release should solve that problem.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

X-Com & Marvel Vs. Capcom Origins.
8-)
James

Post by James »

Mark Of The Ninja
X-COM: Enemy Unknown
Dishonored [sic]
Far Cry 3

Far Cry 3 is the only one of those that I'm swaying on. If it's like FC2 then I'll be all over it, but I'll have to wait and see on that.

Borderlands 2 was on the list, but I'm sure you can guess what happened there. As were a bunch of other games that were pushed to 2013. I'm sure there'll be others, and several "surprise" downloadable games, but until I know how much gaming time I'll have, I'm staying as ambivalent as I can on as many games as I can... and failing. :roll:
Kayin Amoh

Post by Kayin Amoh »

Dead or Alive 5, X-com, Halo 4.

Darksiders 2 would've been on that list if it weren't in my hands.
James

Post by James »

Completely forgot about Okami HD and Jet Set Radio. Also, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale sounds more appealing every time I hear about it - Cross-Buy, and Raiden is in it now! :o
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

OMG OKAMI HD of course!
:D
James

Post by James »

I wasn't as fond of Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit as I had been Burnout: Paradise, so I was kind of ignoring the Most Wanted reboot. However, I just saw this:

:shock:

Yeah... I'll be pre-ordering that. Now I've just got to decide which format to plump for. Criterion recommended the PS3 version of Burnout: Paradise over 360, but it seems like it was an even playing field for Hot Pursuit. Hmm. :|
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Hot Pursuit is possibly my favourite car racer of all time, so this is a day one purch.
Sean

Post by Sean »

iwatttfodiwwfa wrote: Yeah... I'll be pre-ordering that. Now I've just got to decide which format to plump for. Criterion recommended the PS3 version of Burnout: Paradise over 360, but it seems like it was an even playing field for Hot Pursuit. Hmm. :|
If they do the cross-buy with the Vita version (also by Criterion and almost 100% an exact port), then, I'm in.
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

Not got much on my radar this year, other than Borderlands 2, Doom 3 and Hitman.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I love the Assassins Creed series, but other than that I can't think of anything at all on the horizon that excited me. Looking further in to next year, Quantic Dreams' Beyond, and obviously GTA V.
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

Assassin's Creed I've enjoyed, but the constant year in-year out sequels are a bit much really. I didn't play much of Revelations before I lost interest, so AC3 I'm in no rush to play.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Only X Com's got me overly excited, cancelled my Resi 6 Pre-order as its not looking great which is a shame as it was my favourite series but it's forgotten it's roots and the COD comparison was the final straw. Don't get my started on Dead Space as that seems to be following suit now.......
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

Yeah I cancelled my Resi 6 pre-order as well, it's the first 'canon' Resi I won't be buying, i'll rent it.Seeing one preview say "it's a bloody mess" is one thing. But when 3 other previews say the same thing, the time to pay £40 on it is long gone. The new Play magazine has a DVD that shows the first 15 minutes of the game, and it doesn't look great to be honest.
catbhoy

Post by catbhoy »

Borderlands 2
Torchlight 2
W1DGET

Post by W1DGET »

A few titles I'll be picking up in the next few months but the two I'm looking forward to most are NFS: Most Wanted and Halo 4.

I'm a huge fan of Burnout Paradise and it's probably my favourite Burnout game and this just lookes like BP2 in all but name and I'm so glad to see they have carried over my favourite feature which is the community challenges. It used to be great fun trying to get everyone barrel rolling and jumping off the Dam etc.

As for Halo 4 I was concerned at 1st to find 343 in charge but the developer diaries and MP footage I have seen from PAX etc has eased my worries, looks like 343 has taken its job very seriously and looks to be shaping up very nicely indeed, can't wait.
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

Halo 4 should be interesting, but it's a rental for me as I don't play online these days.