The Walking Dead

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Bakers_12

Re: The Walking Dead

Post by Bakers_12 »

RoboticMonk3y wrote: On a side note, why is it, during the zombie apocalypse that so many people feel the need to shout all the time!?
I think its because no one is getting any!
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

So episode 4 done......

Spoiler: show
Not as good overall as ep3 but there are standout moments in this episode.

I killed the boy in the attic, I couldn't put it on Kenny after what happened with Duck. Suprised only 20% of people chose this. Thought Chuck dying was a bit cheap to be honest but I suppose senseless deaths happen in the apocalypse.

I was honest with Vernon all throughout and there's no way I'd leave Clem alone in the house with someone sick.

The bit trying to find her got me going I was panicking that she'd gone. After swearing I'd ditch Ben whenever I could I couldn't bring myself to let him go. It was a touch choice though but I don't think Lee is a killer despite what we're led to believe. Did he not see all the f**king zombies when he removed the small axe? Christ

I hid my bite as I'm more worried about Clem and sending them into panic would make things worse. Once Clem's found I'll reveal.

Think there should have been more of a reveal re who is on the walkie and why he wants Clem and is stalking Lee.

Why did Vernon ask if we came by train and then brush off the question after? What did he see?. I'm presuming the giant horde of zombies has made its way along the train line to Savannah, that's why he'd gone?

I went after Clem alone....

Only 6% of players have done this.
Wish you could've seen Crawford fall.
Bakers_12

Post by Bakers_12 »

DomsBeard wrote:So episode 4 done......

Wish you could've seen Crawford fall.
I really liked how the Crawford bit worked. Setting up a big bad as one thing but being faced with something very diffrant. Also loved the fact that there rules are what got them killed in the end. Also Molly so was one of them at one point.
PlexShaw

Post by PlexShaw »

PlexShaw wrote: Due to some bizarre bugs in the 360 version, I will now make sure I purchase the next episode from within the game (rather than the Dash) because doing the latter on previous occasions made it launch episode 1 instead. :/
And the same thing happened with Episode 4. This is not "bad luck": it's a bug. And a fucking shit one at that!
RoboticMonk3y

Post by RoboticMonk3y »

Episode 2 I purchased in my lunch break at work through xbox.com, queued it to my xbox.
Episode 3 I bought from the "game add ons" section on XBLA
Episode 4 I bought through the game.
I have not had any bugs yet,

I guess by this logic that when I buy episode 5, it's going have a bug so fierce that it causes my xbox to erupt into flames.
Genuinely gutted for the people who lose their game save/decisions.
PlexShaw

Post by PlexShaw »

In my case, it just meant I had to re-download the whole thing twice. Next time, I'll buy on the dashboard, but cancel the download, fire up the game, download it through that and it might possibly work first go if I'm lucky.

It's utterly crap and Telltale's lame response to the problem (apparently they can't recreate it) hasn't helped matters. If I'd known this is the BS I'd have to put up with, I'd have waited for the retail release TBH.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

I've searched for it via bing each time then downloaded it and its been fine. My brother in laws been unlucky though and it lost all of his decisions made in episode 3. This shouldn't happen nowadays to be honest and I think telltale have got away lightly because they've made such an excellent game.
PlexShaw

Post by PlexShaw »

Managed to get Episode 4 started but had to break off earlier not very far in. Loaded up again and it reverted back to the start of Episode 1!

FFS Telltale, QA your damn game properly!
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Illustrates why nobody else attempts month-by-month episodic gaming.
Xantiriad

Post by Xantiriad »

I've always (except Tales of Monkey Island) taken the same approach as TV. Wait till they've all been broadcast and then get the 'box set'.

I don't actually think an episodic structure suits anyone: it's too much pressure on the dev, and unsatisfactory for the consumer.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Sometimes though, art & fiction created under time pressure can be some of the most exciting & challenging. However when you factor in QA, localisation, certification etc. these areas can be left wanting.
Xantiriad

Post by Xantiriad »

You can still have those time pressures as part of the project. Most software is developed iteratively with target functional milestones for each iteration or build.
W1DGET

Post by W1DGET »

Bakers_12 wrote:
Also Molly so was one of them at one point.
Surely Molly is the woman you see in the video? Hence the vicious attack on the Doctor Walker when getting the battery.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

W1DGET wrote:
Bakers_12 wrote:
Surely Molly is the woman you see in the video? Hence the vicious attack on the Doctor Walker when getting the battery.
Yeah
she's having sex with the dr to get insulin for her sister who is diabetic which she's hiding from everyone so her sister isn't ''removed''
The more I think about it
the more I'm annoyed that they just cast aside Chuck. The small time he was in it he was far interesting than Omid and Christa? (Can't remember her name that's how memorable she is)
Bakers_12

Post by Bakers_12 »

W1DGET wrote:
Bakers_12 wrote:
I don't think it was her , but think see went though the same thing
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

My post above explains it Bakers :)
Bakers_12

Post by Bakers_12 »

All makes sense now.
The Sonic Mole

Post by The Sonic Mole »

I reckon this might happen:
Clementine has to shoot Lee before he turns. Could be heartbreaking.
PlexShaw

Post by PlexShaw »

Have found a workaround for my save game issues, so I'm back in business. :)
registradus

Post by registradus »

Finished Episode 4 the other night.
Decisions I made:
I killed the boy in the attic. with my boot. Did anyone else have the thought that maybe his parents had locked him up there? Don't know why I thought that.
Burying him was brutal. I can believe they stretched it out so much, and made me shovel.
Took Clem with me to Crawford. Was surprised that the others disagreed.
BEN WAS SO ANNOYING. But I still saved him. feel sorry for him.
I didn't hide that I had been bitten. That never ends well.
I tried to go after Clem alone, but then Omid and Christa convinced me to let them come with. left Ben with Kenny.
other stuff I noticed:
Was a bit sad that Chuck didn't last so long.
Was the man hanging from the bell tower the Crawford leader?
I thought there was going to be a puzzle based on military markings that Crawford were using. but there wasn't.
Seemed to be more jump scares in this than other episodes.
Also seemed to be a lot slower loading and had some freezing issues with this episode.