Your gaming claims to shame...

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Todinho

Re: Your gaming claims to shame...

Post by Todinho »

Well here we go:

-I find the original super Mario games and super Mario 64 to be very dull and depressing games.

-I had a crush on Jill valentine from resident evil of almost fanfiction level(I may have written a couple of pages not gonna lie)

-I played Borderlands 1&2 for the story.

-I never played an MMO since Ragnarok online because I was tricked by another player named Mister pea into giving him all of my itens it traumatized me for life.

-I've never played morrowind,oblivion and skyrim because I didnt liked the graphics.

And at last until last year I thought Link's name was Zelda.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

First thing I did when playing GTA3 was pick up a prostitute, then get my money back.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Indiana747 wrote:never played any Zelda or Mario games..
Good lord... Really?

I just can't imagine that. Never played Mario? I'm not even joking, this needs to be fixed ASAP! Super Mario World on the SNES is hands down still the greatest ever 2D platformer (people may occasionally offer up SMB3 as even better. They're wrong. SMB3 is incredible, but SMW beats it on every front).

And then you missed out on Mario 64, and the Galaxy games? These games aren't just the greatest platformers ever created, they're some of the greatest games every created. I say this without meaning any kind of disrespect and I'm not taking the piss or anything, but it just seems bizarre not to have played them, and I can't imagine how you could assess other similar games without having those as a standard to compare back to. It would be like having never seen a Disney cartoon, or having never eaten Fish and Chips.

Man - get that sorted!!
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

SMB3 is my favourite even though nothing will ever beat playing Super Mario 64 for the first time. You should try SM64 anyway you can.
FollowMyRuin

Post by FollowMyRuin »

- I play any game with a morality system as a jerk because i spend my life being amicable with people, I don't want to so that in video games.

- I've never owned a SNES.

- I insist on wheel spinning on the body of a cars previous owner in all GTA games.

- I play most video games with the sound on mute.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I always used to play on mute and listen to my own music, in the 8 and 16 bit era when game soundtracks were not that important but audio is such an integral part of most games these days that I can't play with it off any more. I'll play a driving game or Wipeout with the music turned down and just the engine/ambient sound playing with my own music on sometimes but I can't imagine playing something like a Resident Evil game with the sound off.
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

Alex79uk wrote:
Indiana747 wrote:never played any Zelda or Mario games..
Good lord... Really?

I just can't imagine that. Never played Mario? I'm not even joking, this needs to be fixed ASAP! Super Mario World on the SNES is hands down still the greatest ever 2D platformer (people may occasionally offer up SMB3 as even better. They're wrong. SMB3 is incredible, but SMW beats it on every front).

And then you missed out on Mario 64, and the Galaxy games? These games aren't just the greatest platformers ever created, they're some of the greatest games every created. I say this without meaning any kind of disrespect and I'm not taking the piss or anything, but it just seems bizarre not to have played them, and I can't imagine how you could assess other similar games without having those as a standard to compare back to. It would be like having never seen a Disney cartoon, or having never eaten Fish and Chips.

Man - get that sorted!!
Is it really that hard to believe? If everyone took the same path it would be boring. I know you say it has to be fixed ASAP, but does it really?
I'm not trying to be pedantic here but i don't think anyone should be telling anyone else that they MUST play a certain game. Its all a matter of personal choice and opinion.
My gaming history is as follows: ColecoVision, Commodore 64, Amiga 500, Sega Megadrive, Sony Playstation, PS2, PS3, PSP, XBox 360, PSVita. No Nintendo at all. None of my mates had a Nintendo either funnily enough, so i didnt even get the opportunity to play them that way. Best friend had a Spectrum when i had the C64, then he owned the Atari ST when i had an Amiga. I got a Megadrive and he fell out of gaming, so i blame him retrospectively. :lol:
Thats not to say i don't like Nintento though. Since Zelda and Mario IPs are Nintendos' bread and butter they were never gonna appear anywhere else so i never got to play them. I don't feel my gaming history is diminished by any stretch of the imagination by not having played them.
Also, like to point out that i'm not attacking your statement Alex, just gets my goat when people say 'you HAVE to play a certain game'.
I like collecting, so i will undoubtedly get a Wii or some Nintendo machine at some stage, stock up on its prized games and play them eventually.
Donk

Post by Donk »

Never played a Nintendo game.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

This is how these threads go (on every forum). Is never having played a Mario a Zelda or indeed any Nintendo (or X, Y, Z other big series) game a claim to shame, or is it something almost defiant to say that grabs attention?

I've not seen The Godfather Part II (yet). I regret this and I do consider it a shortfall in my movie experience/knowledge, but I'm not ashamed, nor does it *significantly* impact in my ability to judge other movies. But I'm clearly missing out.

I've never played WOW btw ;)
Combine Hunter

Post by Combine Hunter »

I don't think any of us are "really" ashamed of anything we've mentioned.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

I am ashamed of the Dreamcast ;)
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Godfather 1 is way better than the second anyway.

Indiana man, sorry, it was kind of a joke saying you had to play them ASAP. Obviously you don't, and I didn't really mean to offend you. I guess reading my post back it did come across a bit twattish. Apologies mate.
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

Ha ha is all cool Alex. But in fairness you are right. Its not as if you were telling me i just HAVE to play Aliens:Colonial Marines.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

dezm0nd wrote:I am ashamed of the Dreamcast ;)
Oh in that case I'm also ashamed of YOU'RE FIRED
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Woohoo! It's been a while since I got fiyad!
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Your silly anti DC thing is only because it finished your beloved N64 off, right?
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

I only keep up this facade because it originally sparked off a friendly rivalry with Ben Ford. I genuinely think that machine had its moments and Chu Chu Rocket is one of my favourites from Sega, it just never really clicked with me for the time which is odd because now i'm more into arcade games than ever before and the DC has shit loads from memory!

The lack of a good Sonic game really hurt, though.
Chopper

Post by Chopper »

Great thread; these are the best so far: :lol:
ratsoalbion wrote: Who took the last copy of Halo 3 in the shop out the hands of a disabled boy?
Who had a wank over Sam Fox Strip Poker?
;)
Todinho wrote: And at last until last year I thought Link's name was Zelda.

I played through Portal almost completely oblivious to what Glados was telling me. I still don't know the meaning of "The cake is a lie", though I suspect it is just a rather weak joke.
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

Chopper wrote: I played through Portal almost completely oblivious to what Glados was telling me. I still don't know the meaning of "The cake is a lie", though I suspect it is just a rather weak joke.
It used to be funny, back when it was a reference to something that was kind of cryptic. Then the internet ruined it.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Much like almost everything which was funny once! :)