E3 2013 conference times and news: Taking an infodump

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
mikeleddy83

Re: E3 2013 conference times and news: Taking an infodump

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Year of luigi, Yoshi's Epic Yarn tie-in perhaps from the 4th image? I think it's safe to say we know what the rest are.

On second thought, didn't see yoshi in my hands on with the wii u but it's probably that luigi u game right?
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

From left to right (sort of)

Wondeful 101
Wind Waker HD
Pikmin 3 (x3 in total)
Mario & Luigi 3DS
New Super Luigi U
Smash Bros 4

edit: There's actually two more Pikmin images that I missed so maybe a 3DS game in the works?
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

Awww yisss! I'm hyped for WW HD. I hope we don't have to wait long for that game.

I think that Mario in the bottom right is supposed to be signifying a new 3D Mario platformer. That's what the pose looks like to me. They did announce that both a new 3D Mario and the new Smash Bros. would be announced though, right?
Roy42

Post by Roy42 »

dezm0nd wrote:From left to right (sort of)

Wondeful 101
Wind Waker HD
Pikmin 3 (x3 in total)
Mario & Luigi 3DS
New Super Luigi U
Smash Bros 4

edit: There's actually two more Pikmin images that I missed so maybe a 3DS game in the works?
Why would extra pikmin silhouettes mean there's a 3DS game being made? There's seven pikmin that exist as far as we know.

We also know there's going to be the new Mario Kart and "Core" Mario game in some capacity at E3.
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Sounds like the classic Rare game revamp is going to be revealed today!
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

I'm watching the live stream right now, and they just announced a new Killer Instinct. I have to say, I was really not expecting that at all. All they did was show the trailer though, which was a bit odd. They didn't announce it was coming either. They just showed it. Afterwards they had the gall to say that they were "listening" to us too. But hey, the game looked pretty cool.
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Very good conference (a few staff will obviously be fired for technical issues), I'm afraid to say it really will be enough to sway most. Enjoyed pretty much everything they showed and I'm as negative as it gets!

Before you ask, it's still a mid-(leaning towards)late generation purchase and yes, I hope some of these games stand up 5 years down the line as I'd love to play them.
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

Well, the conference is over, and it was actually... pretty good. Apart from some gaffes with audio problems regarding games I don't care about, they actually showed off some things that looked interesting. And perhaps most strangely... no Kinect games. At all.

I'm still not swayed on actually getting the console though, especially with a price tag of £430. Maybe, at a push, I could have been convinced to pay that if they didn't have all this DRM shit, but they do. So, sorry MS. Nice attempt, but no dice.
PressEscToExit

Post by PressEscToExit »

There was very little there of interest to me, but no less than any previous Microsoft conference. It's clear that I'm not their target audience and I'm okay with that. I'll keep an eye on the Superbrothers and Swery games and I'd like to see more KI. The rest look like the kind of titles I'd maybe rent 6 months after release to keep up with what folk are playing, which is par for the course really.

Edit: oh crap, I somehow missed Crimson Dragon. Very excited for that one.
Ashguyver

Post by Ashguyver »

some decent coverage here over the next few days with the guardian crew http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rucvCLYUNQ

They are based out of a pub in Soho (London) called Loading Bar ( http://loadingonline.co.uk/ )

I'll probably be popping in there at some point over the next couple of days if anyone fancies a C&R meet up?

Microsoft conference I must admit was impressive but apparently they cancelled the after show round table where they would have to answer the questions that came out of the May announcement that remain unanswered. The underlying feel to me was a big smoke screen of games to cover their asses. Kinect not featuring at all after all the privacy questions was a the elephant in the room I think. Not looking too good on that front apparently, lots off pissed off press.

I'll be on Skype tonight if anyone fancies a chat after today's stuff (Ashguyver1)
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Might do that if I don't look like this...

Todinho

Post by Todinho »

Well the Phatom Pain look's pretty awesome probably gonna be the best MGS in terms of gameplay it would be good if it was able to the best in story too,the rest of the conference was alright but I wasnt really wowed by anything.
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

I thought it was pretty funny how they sped up all the boring bits. But the game looked pretty interesting though. Doing Metal Gear stuff in an open world sounds pretty crazy. I wasn't really sure that was even possible.

That said, I'm not really that hyped for it. I'm not really a Metal Gear fan. After loving Revengeance I decided to try to get in to the Solid series, and I don't think I can remember playing a game that's made me more angry than my experience with MGS1. Might have another stab at it at some point, but at the moment I'm not hopeful that I'll suddenly gain a love for the series after what I played.
Ashguyver

Post by Ashguyver »

Heathen Heresy and Blasphemy! lol
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

I'm not saying it's a bad game by any means. I really want to like it, and to like the series, but I just really did not get along with it when I gave it a try myself.

I still have a great respect for the series, and it's certainly very interesting to hear about it. I just wish I could join in.

That said, if they instead announced ZoE 3 at the show, I would have probably had a crisis.
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

MGS is a weird series it's my favorite series but I totally get it why people from the outside might not like it,especially starting with MGS1 where the controls are the most difficult to deal with,I would recommend you try 3 and se if you like it it's the easiest to get along I think.
Ashguyver

Post by Ashguyver »

One of the Plants vs zombies sequels is a third person shooter, is it wrong to be excited? lol
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

That actually looked pretty fun, and bloody hilarious. Especially considering it's running on Frostbite 3.
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

Im not sure im so conflicted right now XD
Ashguyver

Post by Ashguyver »

omfg Star wars battlefront!

I wonder who at EA is humping someone at Disney. RIP Lucasarts :-(