Gotta catch 'em all things Pokémon

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
chase210

Re: Gotta catch 'em all things Pokémon

Post by chase210 »

KSubzero1000 wrote: January 6th, 2019, 7:10 pm Whoa, I admire your dedication! :o

What's next, Black & White?
Thats the vague plan. It will also require transfer from generation 4 to 5, but the transfer mechanic isn't nearly as arbitrarily restricted as it is in 4th generation.
chase210

Post by chase210 »

I started a different Pokemon challenge and now I'm afraid I'm in way over my head. It's called the Professor Oak challenge from reddit, and the challenge is to obtain every Pokemon you can feasibly obtain before each badge, with no trading. Doesn't sound that difficult on the surface, but every feasible Pokemon means, every feasible Pokemon, as in, levelling your starter all the way up to level 36 to get it to its final form, same for say, pidgey, ratatta, etc. I started one on Heartgold, and it is very, very slow.
Craig

Post by Craig »

I saw someone do a video about it on Red and, while I can see giving yourself a challenge is neat, it’s definitely not for me. The biggest issue is right at the start of the game, and it doesn’t really seem *difficult*, but rather just a bit dull. Lots and lots of grinding.
chase210

Post by chase210 »

I can concur the biggest hump is right at the beginning. I might bend the rules slightly and trade myself over a lucky egg and a soothe bell to speed this up.
chase210

Post by chase210 »