Gotta catch 'em all things Pokémon

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
adwild1982

Re: Gotta catch 'em all things Pokémon

Post by adwild1982 »

Managed to pick up Pokemon Black and Y for £5 from a friend even tho i have never played them i know that its bargain. I need help as i have no idea what am doing.
hazeredmist

Post by hazeredmist »

adwild1982 wrote:Managed to pick up Pokemon Black and Y for £5 from a friend even tho i have never played them i know that its bargain. I need help as i have no idea what am doing.
I'd be happy to help, where you at with it?
hazeredmist

Post by hazeredmist »

I'm getting well into Alpha Sapphire now. As someone who never played the GBA originals (despite the fact I own Ruby on GBA) it feels fresh and there are many mechanics that feel like evolutions of ideas in X & Y.

Two gym badges in and well & truly hooked again. Gotta love Pokémon.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

The series is 19 years old today, apparently! Oof.
Beck

Post by Beck »

Ooh I'm at the exact same spot Hazer. I have had to turn the exp share off though as my team is a good 5-10 levels higher than opponent's. Just got my magikarp to evolve, he rocks:)
chase210

Post by chase210 »

19 years of goodness I tells you.

I'm currently on a quest to collect every pokemon game, but goddamn, some of these are mighty expensive.
hazeredmist

Post by hazeredmist »

Working on my Magikarp too! Level 17... Getting there :D
Beck

Post by Beck »

chase210 wrote:19 years of goodness I tells you.

I'm currently on a quest to collect every pokemon game, but goddamn, some of these are mighty expensive.
You need to be careful with the older games. Gameboy cartridges use local memory to keep their saves with a battery to power it. The battery lasts about ten years before it dies and then wipes your save. It's not difficult to replace them but it's a bit fiddly :)
chase210

Post by chase210 »

Aye I've seen it mentioned on many an eBay listing. I'm not sure whether to try fixing it myself, or theres a retro shop that'll sort it for a tenner each, might be easier.
arry_g

Post by arry_g »

Beck wrote:
chase210 wrote:19 years of goodness I tells you.

You need to be careful with the older games. Gameboy cartridges use local memory to keep their saves with a battery to power it. The battery lasts about ten years before it dies and then wipes your save. It's not difficult to replace them but it's a bit fiddly :)
I'd also add that I've bought carts from eBay before to replace lost copies of Emerald and Fire Red that have ended up being fake with a ROM on too.
chase210

Post by chase210 »

Yeah ebay is terrible for fake GBA cartridges. It almost puts me off buying there, if actual retro shops weren't so expensive.
chase210

Post by chase210 »

So... 20th anniversary pokemon celebrations! What do we got? First we got...

Pokken, the Wii U pokemon fighting game.

We got..... the re-release of Pokemon Red, Blue and Yellow on the 3DS virtual console, after telling us for years the pokemon games wouldn't be coming to virtual console! Awesome. And some kinda cool 2DS consoles to go with it!

Meanwhile america gets some awesome faceplates to go with a regular New 3DS model

What else? The first 3 pokemon movies are finally getting released on blu ray, woo! But with all the special features and pikachu shorts removed, boo. They're also being rereleased in the remastered form digitally on iTunes.

What else? Pokemon Go! And a Super Bowl ad on February 7th, which is gonna either the announcement of Pokemon Z or a dumb ad for pokemon Go, but we'll see.

What else? A new TCG expansion called generations to celebrate the anniversary is being released!

And... thats it. We should get a new main game announcement soon, since it'd be pretty unusual to go two years in a row with no main series release. Oh and that mystery dungeon game is getting released in the UK on February 19th.
hazeredmist

Post by hazeredmist »

Just finished Alpha Sapphire on 3DS. Superb! Hooked me even more than Y after I got into it. The Delta episode at the end was probably the most interesting part of the whole game story wise, and introduced some excellent legendary Pokemon. Now I'm on a hunt for others, and picking up missing mega stones.

Man is Pokemon addictive.
chase210

Post by chase210 »

Oh yeah, they announced a new pokemon today, I just need to find an image that'll fit here.

Should be getting a new game announcement for this year any day now, either gen 7, or more likely gen 6.5, return to Kalos.
Craig

Post by Craig »

Isn't the new anime XY and Z or something? Feels like it'll be an enhanced X and Y.
chase210

Post by chase210 »

That would be the logical step, but Gamefreak gonna Gamefreak.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Pokémon Sun and Moon:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016- ... ndo-direct

"Nintendo has confirmed Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon for 3DS.
Nintendo of America said in a tweet the games would release on 3DS later this year. More information was promised during Nintendo Direct tomorrow."
martymcfly3004

Post by martymcfly3004 »

I wander if they are going to change it up a bit for this release? I would love for them to do something weird and unexpected for once.
chase210

Post by chase210 »

Bigger question is, are we skipping ahead to gen 7, or is this gen 6.5?
chase210

Post by chase210 »

Looks like I'm eating crow, almost certainly seems to be a brand new generation rather than a 6.5 version of Kalos.