Game suggestions for the podcast

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
NokkonWud

Re: Game suggestions for the podcast

Post by NokkonWud »

It's on my HDD after I bought it last year, sadly I've just had so much on with other things and haven't gotten as far as I would like to (completion.) That said, it is very much on the agenda as it's something I've always wanted to say I've finished.
Woodfella

Post by Woodfella »

Get it finished you guys! :)
hazeredmist

Post by hazeredmist »

Can I just make another shout for the Ace Attorney games on DS please! 8-)
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

hazeredmist wrote:Can I just make another shout for the Ace Attorney games on DS please! 8-)
It's been mentioned but I'm personally waiting for the collection on Android.
hazeredmist

Post by hazeredmist »

NokkonWud wrote:
hazeredmist wrote:Can I just make another shout for the Ace Attorney games on DS please! 8-)
It's been mentioned but I'm personally waiting for the collection on Android.
Ah. I'll ask again in 2015 then :?
Woodfella

Post by Woodfella »

I am curious. With all these suggestions and the ideas you guys have how do you decide what to cover? Now that volume 2 is nearly finished do you have a little break and meet in a windowless room and argue until you've got a list of 50 games for volume 3?
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

The process is a secret and mysterious one. The exact details of which shall never be revealed, though I can say it involves me, Tony, a sturgeon, a theramin and three virgins (one male).
Woodfella

Post by Woodfella »

Good to know that the selection process is a thorough one.
James

Post by James »

The sturgeon plays the theremin, whilst Leon, Tony and the virgins each pick 10 slips of paper from a top hat filled with all of the suggestions. Thorough, indeed! :shock:
Buckled Kipper

Post by Buckled Kipper »

Has anyone suggested To The Moon yet? I think this is going to rate as one of my favourite games of all time, and would only take a couple of hours for you all to play.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

It is indeed on the list.
Buckled Kipper

Post by Buckled Kipper »

Yay :)
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

Thought about doing the Dynasty Warriors series? I'd say 7 would be the one to concentrate on, but there's plenty of spin offs and related series to talk about if you want to go 'wide'.
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

Hum I know you guys already covered a good share of Suda51 games and Leon said it's probably enough but I just have to suggest making a exception for Killer 7,if a game needs a discussion it's this one even if by the end no conclusion is reached.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

I'm not sure we have any Dynasty Warriors fans/players on the team making that a difficult one to do.

As for Killer 7, Eddie Inzauto is also keen that we cover that one so we'll see. It's more likely than a Killer Is Dead issue put it that way.
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

ratsoalbion wrote:I'm not sure we have any Dynasty Warriors fans/players on the team making that a difficult one to do.
Yeah, it's a shame as I know a perfect guest for it too who is a huge fan of the series, but don't think any of us play them, I know I certainly don't.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Not my thing, either. I have tried to play them in the past but never really got on with em.
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

Shame, but there's no point doing it if you're mostly ambivalent towards it.
InsrtCoins

Post by InsrtCoins »

I'm not sure if they've been mentioned here before, but I've been very interested in the Zero Escape games (999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors and Virtue's Last Reward). They have a very unique storytelling method and give surprisingly tense gameplay to what are essentially visual novels with escape the room puzzles thrown in. I think that they are both very important games, especially as we see more visual novels like To the Moon and Analogue: A Hate Story rise to prominence, proving that there is a western audience for games that they would not have dared port out of Japan only a couple of years ago.

As ambitious and inventive as the storytelling mechanics are, they do introduce their own share of problems and have their own downfalls, as can be expected with anything that tries something so new. But, overall, I think that the genius of the story and ambition outweigh the negatives (but there is certainly plenty of room to disagree. It feels like a game series that invites debate and discussion).
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Yessir, these are on the list as a pair and James in particular is very keen for us to get them done.