Game suggestions for the podcast

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
ratsoalbion
Admin

Game suggestions for the podcast

Post by ratsoalbion »

As most of you will understand there are a large number of considerations when we decide to cover a game on C&R, because of the way we do things; We need to have a full panel from the C&R Team (plus the occasional guest) who have all completed the game and who are available at recording time etc. Plus it needs to be a game that warrants an interesting conversation.
However, we have a wide remit in terms of age/format/genre - although obviously we need to actually be able to source and play it somehow.

Anyway, the point is we get a lot of requests and we do hear them all. We currently have a big list which would take several years to get through and the schedule is sorted up until January 2013.

However, we always welcome your suggestions so please add them in this thread. I'll respond and give you my thoughts as to the pros and cons of making the show you suggest. We certainly can't guarantee to do any particular one, but we do promise to discuss each of the titles you put forward.

Ideas for interview subjects (realistic ones that is) are also appreciated.

NB: Dark Souls (& Demon's) and Skyrim are by far our most demanded shows.
Roy42

Re: Game Suggestions for the Podcast

Post by Roy42 »

The Basement Collection.
Buckled Kipper

Post by Buckled Kipper »

Valkria Chronicles
Final Fantasy IX
Grimm Fandango
furyac3

Post by furyac3 »

Crysis 1/2
Halo as a whole series
Resident Evil series (esp 4)
Suda 51 series (killers 7, No More Heros, Shadows of the Damned and Lollipop Chainsaw)
Medal of Honor (pre reboot)
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

furyac3 wrote:Crysis 1/2
Halo as a whole series
Suda 51 series (killers 7, No More Heros, Shadows of the Damned and Lollipop Chainsaw)

I'm gonna suggest that fury should have a listen to past Cane & Rinse's EPISODE 2, EPISODE 8 and lastly EPISODE 17, as I have a inkling he might have missed them first time around :?
furyac3

Post by furyac3 »

JaySevenZero wrote:
furyac3 wrote:Crysis 1/2
Halo as a whole series

I'm gonna suggest that fury should have a listen to past Cane & Rinse's EPISODE 2, EPISODE 8 and lastly EPISODE 17, as I have a inkling he might have missed them first time around :?
Aaaaaa I did miss 2 and 8 but 17 was the first eps i downloaded if am honest

I was more aiming at the other Halo games because there is a hell of a lot of Halo out there like Wars, Reach and ODST it was more of a Halo Universe request sort of thing but that sounds wanky because its a big ass universe.

But i will go back and download the other that i missed :D
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Absolutely loving the podcasts guys, and the following are games that I think would make for excellent listening :

Monkey Island series
Broken Sword series
Heavy Rain
Final Fantasy VII
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

Wizard Of Odd wrote:Absolutely loving the podcasts guys, and the following are games that I think would make for excellent listening :

Monkey Island series
Broken Sword series
Heavy Rain
Final Fantasy VII
If we ever do a Heavy Rain episode, I'm gonna have to make sure my knives are extra sharp for that particular narrative travesty! :twisted:
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

I fancy a Heavy Rain episode, I don't understand the battering it gets to be honest. Anyway, other suggestions are:

1. Fahrenheit.
2. Metroid Prime Series.
3. Headhunter.
4. Jet Set Radio.
5. Skyrim (obviously)
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

Ah, Headhunter - I still have my Dreamcast copy of that game. I remember enjoying it back in the day but suspect that time has not been kind to that particular title (never played the sequel though).
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

JaySevenZero wrote:Ah, Headhunter - I still have my Dreamcast copy of that game. I remember enjoying it back in the day but suspect that time has not been kind to that particular title (never played the sequel though).
Me too, Headhunter Redemption and Max Payne 2 are sat collecting dust in my PS2 pile of shame at the moment...
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

The Basement Collection
Definitely a good possibility. We've talked many times about doing Binding of Isaac and it's obvious how highly many of the team regards Super Meat Boy.
Valkyria Chronicles
Our friends at Gameburst did a show on this one recently and C&R's Josh was part of the panel. However this game has long been a part of my personal backlog so it could happen some day.
Grim Fandango
A difficult game to play legally this one. Still, I've never completed it despite being a fan of both LucasArts & Schafer so I'd be keen as mustard.
Crysis 1/2
A possibility. I think more of us have played the second than the first.
Halo
We've done Combat Evolved Anniversary so we probably won't do any more Halo shows for a little while at least. We have some fans on the team though so not ruling anything out.
We did 4 very early on but I think there is a feeling that a few of us would like the opportunity to replay the whole (main) series.
Killer 7, No More Heroes, Shadows of the Damned, Lollipop Chainsaw
Again, we've already done No More Heroes & Shadows of the Damned so check out those back issues. Killer 7 is an interesting game but I suspect non Suda fans have had enough of him on C&R for a while.
Hmmm, can't say I'd be too keen to go back & play the PS1/PS2 incarnations! Allied Assault on PC was a fine game though, and the spiritual predecessor of the original Call of Duty of course.
Monkey Island series
Big fan here: completed the first two multiple times as well as Curse & Escape once each. Problems could be persuading people to play the whole series. Especially Escape which is dreadful :evil:
Broken Sword series
This was on the big list for the longest time. Again a hurdle could be persuading people to play and complete the increasingly weak second, third and fourth games in the series. The wonderful Shadow of the Templars (and the Developers' Cut) on its own would make for a fine show however.
Fahrenheit (Indigo Prophecy)/Heavy Rain
Fahrenheit has been on the big list since day one and seems likely at some point. Heavy Rain we kind of feel like every podcast has talked this one to death over the past couple of years. Also, I really don't want to ever have to play it again :P
Final Fantasy VII/Final Fantasy IX
The fact that we've already had two different FF games suggested illustrates the problem. It could be tough to get a full panel of people to commit to completing any lengthy JRPG, and there are dozens to choose from. Everyone has their own favourite FF so whichever one we choose we'll annoy others. FFVII is the obvious choice but perhaps too obvious in some ways; it's a game that's arguably been discussed to the point of saturation. Saying all this, I own almost all of the core FF games and haven't completed any of them! I would certainly enjoy the opportunity to do so, though it would be a mammoth undertaking. Perhaps if we do decide to do a one-off FF we could put it to a vote/poll with I to XII as options (but no XI).
Metroid Prime series
You have a supporter here as I loved the first game in the series and enjoyed the third. Rest assured these are on the big list.
Headhunter
Interesting choice. I tried to play this on DC but didn't get along with it at all. Certainly could go on the list to see if there's enough interest among the team.
Jet Set Radio
We could certainly talk about how badly the first game has aged in terms of gameplay, if not in looks. It'll be interesting to see the response to the forthcoming HD incarnation. That one might be the one to play for the show if anything.

Thanks for all your ideas so far. Please keep them coming.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

JaySevenZero wrote:
If we ever do a Heavy Rain episode, I'm gonna have to make sure my knives are extra sharp for that particular narrative travesty! :twisted:
Haha I take it you weren't a fan? I thought it was good, certainly kept me guessing right up to the end. I remember lending the game to my brother one morning. He dropped it back round at lunch time saying he'd completed it. 'Really?' I asked. Turned out he'd managed to get every main character killed after about three hours and thought that was it.

:lol:
PlexShaw

Post by PlexShaw »

Puddle. If only to get some other people to play it!
W1DGET

Post by W1DGET »

I would love to hear your thoughts on L.A. Noire. A bit of a marmite game, the storyline infuriated me personally.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

W1DGET wrote:I would love to hear your thoughts on L.A. Noire. A bit of a marmite game, the storyline infuriated me personally.

DOUBT!
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Yeah, my own personal experience of LA Noire was as follows :

30 minutes : This game is pretty good
1 hour : This is an amazing game! So original!
3 hours : Uh, this is well boring. Just keep doing the same thing over and over.
8 hours : Oh, that's it? Bit of an anti climax.
12 hours : WTF? The story finished ages ago, why is it still going?

:/

Terrible 'game'.
Ghost World

Post by Ghost World »

DomsBeard wrote:I fancy a Heavy Rain episode, I don't understand the battering it gets to be honest. Anyway, other suggestions are:

1. Fahrenheit.
2. Metroid Prime Series.
3. Headhunter.
4. Jet Set Radio.
5. Skyrim (obviously)
I'm not sure my mind can process the suggestion of Headhunter even though I've completed it and it's inferior sequel :lol:
Sean

Post by Sean »

If we ever do a Heavy Rain show, we'll have to just call it "Sean VS Cane and Rinse" :D
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Duke Nukem Forever ;)