Game suggestions for the podcast

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
ratsoalbion
Admin

Re: Game suggestions for the podcast

Post by ratsoalbion »

Added!
RinseWashRepeat

Post by RinseWashRepeat »

Has Volume 10 been announced yet? Can't find it! I'm itching!

IGNORE - I see the patreons already have it. This might be a sign I need to sign up and start throwing some money your ways. :)
duskvstweak

Post by duskvstweak »

RinseWashRepeat wrote: January 15th, 2021, 10:47 pm Has Volume 10 been announced yet? Can't find it! I'm itching!

IGNORE - I see the patreons already have it. This might be a sign I need to sign up and start throwing some money your ways. :)
Yep. there was a full episode of all the games announced. The Patreon is always worth it!
Magical_Isopod

Post by Magical_Isopod »

duskvstweak wrote: January 16th, 2021, 4:07 am
RinseWashRepeat wrote: January 15th, 2021, 10:47 pm Has Volume 10 been announced yet? Can't find it! I'm itching!

Yep. there was a full episode of all the games announced. The Patreon is always worth it!
I need to hop back on the the Patreon. I cancelled all my pledges when I spent the summer on layoff... Had to penny-pinch. But now I'm working again so let's goooooo.
ThirdDrawing

Post by ThirdDrawing »

I know the Shin Megami Tensei games are on the list, and you've got JRPGs on the list this year but I can't help being a bit bummed that you aren't covering SMT Nocturne for the remake this year.
Shy Monkeys

Post by Shy Monkeys »

Oh, actually, thought of another recommendation, 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim, new game from Vanillaware that released in English a few months back, it ended up being my favorite game of 2020. It really ended up surprising me.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

It's been on the list since before it was released!
Gadget8Bit

Post by Gadget8Bit »

Have the Colony Wars games been covered yet? If not, get them on the list. They pioneered some great things in the early PS1 days
Jobobonobo

Post by Jobobonobo »

Has anyone suggested the Rocket Knight/Sparkster series yet? The 16 bit era was full of generic to rubbish me too Sonic ripoff platforming mascots but these games really stood out as been some of the true highlights of the genre for that era. Really fun titles with cute character designs and a lot of that old school Konami action. These are certainly memorable enough to have an episode dedicated to them in my opinion.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Gadget8Bit wrote: January 29th, 2021, 10:02 pm Have the Colony Wars games been covered yet? If not, get them on the list. They pioneered some great things in the early PS1 days
I was surprised to find that these weren't on the list. The trilogy has now been added.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Jobobonobo wrote: January 30th, 2021, 10:33 pm Has anyone suggested the Rocket Knight/Sparkster series yet? The 16 bit era was full of generic to rubbish me too Sonic ripoff platforming mascots but these games really stood out as been some of the true highlights of the genre for that era. Really fun titles with cute character designs and a lot of that old school Konami action. These are certainly memorable enough to have an episode dedicated to them in my opinion.
These are already on the list (possibly since 2011).
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Is Hotel Dusk: Room 215 on the list?
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

It is.
Jobobonobo

Post by Jobobonobo »

2011? Oh they have been on the list for a while. Glad I am not the only one who requested these then!
Magical_Isopod

Post by Magical_Isopod »

I have sort of an off-the-wall recommendation... Jurassic Park games. Perhaps limit the scope to just the first movie, but even in that, there's a lot of diversity of games, and I think covering how different studios approached the same subject matter could be super interesting. The SNES one is sort of a weird top-down adventure game, the Genesis ones are action platformers where you can play as the raptor, the Sega CD one is a weird first-person adventure game in the mould of Myst... Could be a really interesting well for developer interviews and trivia.
duskvstweak

Post by duskvstweak »

Magical_Isopod wrote: February 9th, 2021, 2:48 pm I have sort of an off-the-wall recommendation... Jurassic Park games. Perhaps limit the scope to just the first movie, but even in that, there's a lot of diversity of games, and I think covering how different studios approached the same subject matter could be super interesting. The SNES one is sort of a weird top-down adventure game, the Genesis ones are action platformers where you can play as the raptor, the Sega CD one is a weird first-person adventure game in the mould of Myst... Could be a really interesting well for developer interviews and trivia.
*nods in agreement*
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

There are a number of Jurassic Park licensed games on the list, but not a great deal of enthusiasm among the team to actually revisit them at this point...
duskvstweak

Post by duskvstweak »

ratsoalbion wrote: February 9th, 2021, 3:01 pm There are a number of Jurassic Park licensed games on the list, but not a great deal of enthusiasm among the team to actually revisit them at this point...
Ah, didn't realize the team was made up of Carnosaur fans!
Magical_Isopod

Post by Magical_Isopod »

ratsoalbion wrote: February 9th, 2021, 3:01 pm There are a number of Jurassic Park licensed games on the list, but not a great deal of enthusiasm among the team to actually revisit them at this point...
I'd cover them. ;D Maybe I'll do a forum chronology, should be easy enough to obtain or emulate them.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

There's actually quite good series of videos on YouTube from RKG playing each Jurassic Park game and comparing them to the films.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLt0s ... Hg6OAEeXh4