Game suggestions for the podcast

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Alex79

Re: Game suggestions for the podcast

Post by Alex79 »

Whaaat!!!?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015- ... a-remaster

(It's not only PSVR, it's also getting a 'normal' release. I can't bloody wait)

To be honest I'd be more than happy with a PS4 release of the original, too.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Jobobonobo wrote:I really think a show on Rez would be fantastic. Short game but such an absolutely amazing experience that it more than makes up for it. The symbiosis of music and gameplay is just phenomenal and is something that grabs you immediately within 10 seconds of playing it. If you think it is not enough to warrant a 2 hour show then you could also discuss it's equally wonderful spiritual successor Child of Eden. Easily in my top 10 games of all time.
You'll definitely want to listen to this one:
http://caneandrinse.com/issue-three/

I haven't ruled out the possibility of a dedicated Rez (or CoE) show at some point in the future though.
Jobobonobo

Post by Jobobonobo »

Oh wow, Rez is legitimately one of the few things that would lead to me giving a monkey's about VR. That must look and feel amazing! Pity my place is too small for me to be faffing around with a VR headset but since this is getting a traditional release as well, it's just one more reason for me to grab a PS4! Thanks for the link, greatly appreciated reading this news!
Jobobonobo

Post by Jobobonobo »

Did not know you ventured into interviews as well! Sounds interesting, will definitely check it out. Cheers!
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

There's a brilliant one with Adam Capone, although I guess it depends on whether you like Capone or not. I think he's hilarious.
GrimmFandingo

Post by GrimmFandingo »

I know you guys tend to discuss things that have been out for some time but i would love to hear your opinions on Gone home. I got it free on ps plus and went in very skeptical of these so called "walking simulators". Two hours later the games ending brought me to tears and I was left emotionally stunned. I cant reccomend it enough but I am aware that its a game you will either really love or really hate.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Gone Home is plenty old enough having been around on PC for three years now. It's been on the list since 2013 too!
gallo_pinto

Post by gallo_pinto »

I second Gone Home!
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

GrimmFandingo wrote:I know you guys tend to discuss things that have been out for some time but i would love to hear your opinions on Gone home. I got it free on ps plus and went in very skeptical of these so called "walking simulators". Two hours later the games ending brought me to tears and I was left emotionally stunned. I cant reccomend it enough but I am aware that its a game you will either really love or really hate.
I really fell in love with this game. Played it on PS+ in one sitting when it came out free, and was just so enthralled by the story, I thought it was an absolute masterclass in interactive storytelling. I had to find every diary entry, every cassette, everything I could. Very rarely a game will hook me in on a much deeper level than pure aesthetics and gameplay but this just amazed me, I loved it so much.

And the depth of the characters individual stories too, looking past the main plot, the relationships and their own demons, it was an experience I'll never forget. And to think you could have finished the game never having known any of it.
PapaJupe13

Post by PapaJupe13 »

I just found this podcast a few weeks ago thanks to Vice.
I love it. And I imagine it has probably been mentioned at least once in the previous 51 pages in this thread, but I would love to hear you guys take on the Monster Hunter series.
I am really enjoying Generations right now. Never met a MH game I did not enjoy, and I have met them all.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Hi there. welcome along.

We have a couple of Monster Hunter fans on the team at least, but it's a challenging series to cover due to the length of the games as well as the level of depth of expertise that some listeners will have about them. We wouldn't want to frustrate or insult the hardcore fans of the series with a lack of knowledge or understanding.

I played a chunk of MH3U and I currently own both 4U and X but, as much as I'd love to, I struggle to find the time to play them.

Anyway, consider the series (or at least a game from it) very much under consideration. In Brad Gallaway (GameCritics) and Sean Bell (Midnight Resistance/Computer Game Show) we at least have two ready-made expert guests to join the panel.
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

:ugeek:
PapaJupe13 wrote:I just found this podcast a few weeks ago thanks to Vice.
I love it. And I imagine it has probably been mentioned at least once in the previous 51 pages in this thread, but I would love to hear you guys take on the Monster Hunter series.
I am really enjoying Generations right now. Never met a MH game I did not enjoy, and I have met them all.
I understand that the Midnight Resistance, featuring Sean Bell who Leon mentioned, has just done a full episode on Monster Hunter. Not listened to it yet but I will do.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Indeed they have - two and a half hours all about Monster Hunter Generations (aka MHX):
http://midnightresistance.co.uk/podcast ... ns-special
PapaJupe13

Post by PapaJupe13 »

Thanks for that MH suggestion. I will check that out. These long, in-depth podcasts on games I love are great when I am on a project at work.
Definitely want to dig into this Midnight Resistance too.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Inside was put on the list as soon as it came out.

We have been asked for the Elder Scrolls games many many times, and - as with loads of 'classics' or big name titles that we haven't yet covered - there are lots of reasons. Perhaps the main one being that we only do one podcast a week (50 games a year), and also - yes - epically long/large games are prohibitive!
:)
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Thanks, that's the idea.

We never wanted to simply plough through all the most obvious candidates.
PapaJupe13

Post by PapaJupe13 »

Have you all considered South Park: The Stick of Truth?
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Yes, it is on the long-list and (currently) four of the team have completed it.
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

I feel like it's obvious but.... Resogun?

I think it would be a good fit. It's short, cheap, easily available and arcadey.

PS: And also, it's fantastic.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

You'll be pleased to hear that I absolutely adore Resogun.
It is on the list.
:)