Game suggestions for the podcast

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
MAp

Re: Game Suggestions for the Podcast

Post by MAp »

An episode on a handful of wayforward games would be interesting.
Rich

Post by Rich »

Henry Hatsworth is a must and Monster Tale along with it if anyone imported it.

Are enough people on the cast in to Dark/Demon's Souls to do an episode?

I'd also be interested in hearing your thought's on RAGE.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

WayForward
I am a fan of their recent work. I'd like to do a show on A Boy & His Blob - we could also talk about the David Crane original. The Contra series is another I'd like to do but will probably end up blogging about (though I've not played a number of the PS1/PS2 era incarnations). Lit on WiiWare is another interesting title and I have Aliens: Infestation on my DS backlog. Then there's the potential for a dual Mighty Flip Champs/Mighty Switch Force show. Bloodrayne Betrayal and Double Dragon Neon to consider as well. Food for thought!
Henry Hatsworth
Ah good shout. Bit of a pig to actually complete though I understand!
Monster Tale
I know little of this one. It looks cute. Not sure if anyone on the team has played it.
Demon's/Dark Souls
Please see post no. 1. We have some extremely qualified panellists but no recognised hosts. Plans are afoot to sort something out for next year.
RAGE
That could happen.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Some cracking suggestions for show ideas! I'm glad there's more than a couple of us who want a Pikmin show ;)
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Each week or so I'll add all the new suggestions to the spreadsheet.

I should also explain that, although the selection of shows is ultimately down to me & Tony (benevolent dictatorship; perk of the fact that C&R is our baby), each time we huddle to thrash out the schedule we ask the C&R crew to put forward the game they'd each most like to do, and accommodate these where possibe. Coz we're nice like that.
:twisted:
RoboticMonk3y

Post by RoboticMonk3y »

Has anyone suggested Braid?

Burnout series?

Castle crashers? (maybe if the new game from 'the behemoth' comes out?

Beautiful Katamari

the lego game series?

GTA games would give some fair mileage
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Braid
On the list since day one. Likely at some point.

Code: Select all

Burnout series
On the list since day one. Possible at some point.
Castle Crashers
On the list since day one. Distinct lack of interest among the team though.
Katamari
On the list since day one. Distinct lack of interest among the team though (sadly for me).
Lego
I've only played the Star Wars ones and that was plenty for me. Tony's wife is a massive fan though so perhaps she could host that one!
GTA
Always under consideration but arguably comes under the 'done to death' category.

Cheers RM :)
PlexShaw

Post by PlexShaw »

Two further suggestions:

Stacking (possibly with Costume Quest?)
Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack (easier to cover now it's out on PC)
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Stacking (possibly with Costume Quest?)
Stacking's on the list. Some interest but hardly anyone's finished it yet. I like both these games.
Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
Yes and we have some fans. I'll add that one to the list.
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

RoboticMonk3y wrote:Has anyone suggested Braid?
I know there's interest in this, I would be surprised if it wasn't done some time. Just with so much said about it already it makes more sense to wait it out.
RoboticMonk3y wrote:Burnout series?
As the biggest racing game fan on the team and someone who has out extensive time in on all 5 Burnout games so far it's one I'd like to do, you could probably do 1-4 on one show and Paradise on its own (even if the best of them all is Revenge.)
RoboticMonk3y wrote:Castle crashers? (maybe if the new game from 'the behemoth' comes out?
Never held much interest from me, I've surprisingly never played it. If a show was put forward I am sure I'd pick it up. Not sure how the others feel.
RoboticMonk3y wrote:Beautiful Katamari
I never got around to the original at the time as I was heavily into other games competitively on the PC and refused to pick it up on 360 due to the DLC model. Would love to play it and do a show on it though, always been fascinating, jut always had so much else on that I've never really gotten around to it.
RoboticMonk3y wrote:the lego game series?
I have no interest in Star Wars and Pirates of the Caribbean. I own Lego Batman but never liked it, it didn't feel as tight in terms of humour as the others. I am however a huge fan of the Lego Harry Potter games (at least Years 1-4, I own 5-7 but have yet to play it -- I want to watch those movies prior to playing it). Problem is I don't think anyone else would want to do that show with me!
RoboticMonk3y wrote:GTA games would give some fair mileage
Maybe a little too obvious, but then again we have done Metal Gear Solid games, Gears of War and Battlefield so it's not impossible.

I would be up for it, but probably only for GTA3, Vice City, San Andreas and IV (and even then I have only completed IV -- maybe 3 but I cant remember.

Of Rockstar games I would much rather cover Bully than Grand Theft Auto and we've already done Red Dead Redemption which is better than any GTA so far as well.

But if we do decide to go that route then I'd be willing.
Dante Fireseed

Post by Dante Fireseed »

ones that spring to mind right now

Shadow Complex
Diablo series
PB Winterbottom
X-com series (perhaps just the first game?)
SSX series (my personal fave being 3)
Super Meat Boy

probably more to come!
Dante Fireseed

Post by Dante Fireseed »

soul reaver/legacy of kain (great games, but not sure easily enough available now i guess)
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Shadow Complex
On the list and likely.
Diablo
We have a couple of big fans on the team but not among the hosts. I'll add it to the list though.
PB Winterbottom
On the original list but removed due to lack of interest. Sorry.
X-com series
Big fan here but we can't fit anything in before the Firaxis release now. This is another one that people probably won't want to play and you're more likely to see featured on the blog.
SSX series
I will add this to the list to see what the uptake is like.
Super Meat Boy
Well we do mention it every show...
Soul Reaver/Legacy of Kain
Both available on PSN so no problems playing them. Whether people will want to or not is another matter. I'd be game.
Dante Fireseed

Post by Dante Fireseed »

ratsoalbion wrote:
Super Meat Boy
Well we do mention it every show...
oops sorry i have to confess i haven't listened for a while, got some catching up to do

i'd love a vagrant story episode. may be too little interest but it's one of my personal top 10
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

I'd love to do a Soul Reaver show. Would be more than happy to see that added.

I believe they've all been added to GOG recently too, which is fuelling rumours of a new release.
RoboticMonk3y

Post by RoboticMonk3y »

NokkonWud wrote:
As the biggest racing game fan on the team and someone who has out extensive time in on all 5 Burnout games so far it's one I'd like to do, you could probably do 1-4 on one show and Paradise on its own (even if the best of them all is Revenge.)
whoa whoa whoa
You think Revenge is the best?
I think Revenge was a really sad departure from what I'd enjoyed so much about the Burnout series, there was no need to try and dodge between traffic any more, you just brush all the cars out of the way weightlessly.
I think I enjoyed 2 the most, as it had the greatest risk/reward feel for swerving through traffic. 4 (revenge) was just hold down the accelerator and not let go until you cross the line.
I would love a re-make of 1 and 2 on current gen consoles, I wouldn't even mind if the graphics weren't tidied up.

Paradise got back more to the feel of 1 and 2, but was still more of a game in it's own right.
RoboticMonk3y

Post by RoboticMonk3y »

maybe one on fighting games?
Bushido blade, soul calibur, dead or alive? I remember playing these lots back in my playstation gaming days
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Dante Fireseed wrote:oops sorry i have to confess i haven't listened for a while, got some catching up to do
Sorry Dante - I didn't mean that as a dig. What I mean is, given that we seem to refer to SMB in almost every show, we ought to do an Issue devoted to it :)
Vagrant Story
I would love to do this one. Been in my backlog for 12 years now! I reckon the latter-day Souls fans would lap this game up.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

RoboticMonk3y wrote:
NokkonWud wrote:
whoa whoa whoa
You think Revenge is the best?
I think Revenge was a really sad departure from what I'd enjoyed so much about the Burnout series, there was no need to try and dodge between traffic any more, you just brush all the cars out of the way weightlessly.
I think I enjoyed 2 the most, as it had the greatest risk/reward feel for swerving through traffic. 4 (revenge) was just hold down the accelerator and not let go until you cross the line.
I would love a re-make of 1 and 2 on current gen consoles, I wouldn't even mind if the graphics weren't tidied up.

Paradise got back more to the feel of 1 and 2, but was still more of a game in it's own right.
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit is the best Burnout game, followed by Burnout 2: Point of Impact. FACTIMATION ;)
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

RoboticMonk3y wrote:maybe one on fighting games?
Bushido blade, soul calibur, dead or alive? I remember playing these lots back in my playstation gaming days
Gets discussed a lot, but very tricky to know what angle to take. We have only a few fighting game fans on the team and only one expert (Darren F). It's inevitable we'll cover some Vs/ fighters at some point but what form this will take is yet to be decided.