Game suggestions for the podcast

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
duskvstweak

Re: Game suggestions for the podcast

Post by duskvstweak »

DeadpoolNegative wrote: April 19th, 2020, 7:30 am I never played the Shadowman game, but I remember the comics, and the game was based on the 1996 relaunch of the character, when Acclaim Entertainment owned the rights to the Valiant characters (and Valiant had the license to publish Turok comics, which is where that came from). The funny thing is, the game finally shipped right when the Acclaim version of Valiant died. And that version of Shadowman hasn't been seen since.

I will check out the remaster, though. Sounds like fun.
I read Acclaim also wanted to make a Bloodshot game at the time, but nothing came of it. And weird the Shadowman remaster is coming now and not when the Valiant line relaunched a few years ago, though maybe it's just remasters are just super hot right now.
James

Post by James »

A Bloodshot game might get off the ground, what with the recent smash-hit Vin Diesel film.
;)
DeadpoolNegative

Post by DeadpoolNegative »

duskvstweak wrote: April 20th, 2020, 5:21 am
DeadpoolNegative wrote: April 19th, 2020, 7:30 am I never played the Shadowman game, but I remember the comics, and the game was based on the 1996 relaunch of the character, when Acclaim Entertainment owned the rights to the Valiant characters (and Valiant had the license to publish Turok comics, which is where that came from). The funny thing is, the game finally shipped right when the Acclaim version of Valiant died. And that version of Shadowman hasn't been seen since.

I will check out the remaster, though. Sounds like fun.
I read Acclaim also wanted to make a Bloodshot game at the time, but nothing came of it. And weird the Shadowman remaster is coming now and not when the Valiant line relaunched a few years ago, though maybe it's just remasters are just super hot right now.
IIRC when Acclaim first purchased Valiant it was announced their first comics based game was to be not Turok, but Turok and Rai. Rai was basically the Japanese counterpart of Magnus Robot Fighter, but in the Valiant continuity his powers were based on the tech that created Bloodshot. Rai took place in the year 4001 but I guess the idea was he'd team up with Turok through the Lost Land.

--Dan
Rhaegyr

Post by Rhaegyr »

I imagine it'd be difficult to get hold of but Wacky Races on the Dreamcast.

I'm not sure if young-me is holding this up on a pedestal made of nostalgia but I remember adoring this game and thinking it was the equal of similar 'adventure kart' games I loved such as Crash Team Racing and Diddy Kong Racing (though the AI was notoriously difficult).

I'd also add Bangai-O but I'm pretty sure that'll already be on the list!
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I know Animal Crossing was done years ago, but an updated one including New Horizons wouldn't go amiss :)

Also:

Cuphead
South Park: The Stick Of Truth
No Man's Sky
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

All on the list.
Mr Ixolite

Post by Mr Ixolite »

It got mentioned above, but I'd like to formally suggest Crash Team Racing -the shiny new remake is winding down now, and it could be an interesting counterpoint to your Mario Kart series.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Both versions are on the list.

Gentle reminder that resubmitting a game doesn’t increase the chances of a podcast happening. If a game is on the list then it’s on the list, and gets considered the same as everything else (2250+ titles)!

i.e. There’s no need to suggest games that have already been suggested.
🙂

(Apologies if you were thinking that it hadn’t been formally nominated previously, but rest assured CTRx2 is on the spreadsheet)
Mr Ixolite

Post by Mr Ixolite »

ratsoalbion wrote: May 7th, 2020, 9:42 am Both versions are on the list.

Gentle reminder that resubmitting a game doesn’t increase the chances of a podcast happening. If a game is on the list then it’s on the list, and gets considered the same as everything else (2250+ titles)!

i.e. There’s no need to suggest games that have already been suggested.
🙂

(Apologies if you were thinking that it hadn’t been formally nominated previously, but rest assured CTRx2 is on the spreadsheet)
No worries, I always search the thread fora game before making a suggestion, I just wasn't sure you'd count Rhaegyrs comment as such. I definetely didn't intend to badger you about it :-)
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Oh not at all, s’all good!
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

Not sure exactly where to post this but I could have sworn that there was a Child of Eden issue, helmed by Sean...

Proper Mandela Effect thing going on here...
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Sean never hosted a show, so that's definitely a false memory.
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

Thanks. Mad one!
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Just went down a big rabbit hole when I looked up what Mandela effect meant! Wow.

There was never an "OF THE WOOOOORLD!" at the end of We Are The Champions!! Mind. Blown.
Jobobonobo

Post by Jobobonobo »

This is going to be an unusual request as it is about a game I have never played and have no intention of ever playing but it is such an interesting title that I think a Cane and Rinse on it would be well worth a listen. That title is YIIK: A Postmodern RPG.

This title is fascinating for numerous reasons. The developers took inspiration from real life events in a tasteless manner in order to incorporate it into their story. The game has a combat system similar to the Mario and Luigi games except much more haphazardly implemented. The narrative is a mess, with it being ridiculously convoluted despite so much exposition that it borders on patronising. Game-breaking glitches are depressingly common. And most infamously of all, its protagonist has to rank as among the most unlikable in recent memory; a pompous self obsessed manchild who is constantly forgiven by others despite his awful behaviour to everyone around him.

Again, I usually would not request such a title as the game has garnered quite a negative reputation and I am not one to foist awful games on you for shits and giggles. I only suffered through it via a Lets Play on YouTube. But this one is bad in so many different ways that it could almost be described as the videogame equivalent of The Room. As a result, a smart crowd like you lot dissecting why this game failed (or succeed, you never know, some of ye could really like it!) would make for a really enlightening listen. Sometimes, cataloguing the critical turkeys can tell us just as much about the state of gaming as covering its critical darlings.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

I will add that to the list.
SludgeWizard

Post by SludgeWizard »

It's been mentioned before, but I wouldn't be upset it Final Fantasy Tactics magically appeared on the list someday.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Probably already on the list, but... Virtua Racing.
Suits

Post by Suits »

Alex79uk wrote: June 18th, 2020, 6:02 pm Probably already on the list, but... Virtua Racing.
I get visions of Leon tearing the room apart every time someone posts in this thread :lol: .
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Ha ha, not really - although I have explained quite a few times that re-naming a game that you know has already been nominated doesn't make the show any more likely to happen!

It's always fun when someone comes up with an interesting title that somehow hasn't been suggested before.