Game suggestions for the podcast

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Alex79

Re: Game suggestions for the podcast

Post by Alex79 »

Rocket Leeeeeeeague!
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

It’s been on there since 2015.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

I'd be up for Wai Wai Groove Coaster but I can't afford 50 quid on it, sadly. Maybe if it drops in price,
Cass

Post by Cass »

Have you thought about covering Bravely Default? I've just finished your Final Fantasy series, so I'm sure you're heartily sick of JRPGs, but I think it'd be a really nice counterpoint to your FFIII episode.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

The Bravely games are indeed already on the big long list.
ThirdDrawing

Post by ThirdDrawing »

General question - does anyone have a working C64 or C64 emulator so that they would be willing to cover C64 games? (I'm thinking stuff like Wasteland, Bard's Tale, the SSI D&D games).

Guessing no, but just curious.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Not only emulators but actual C64s in the case of Chris, Jesse and myself (although mine is ailing).

We covered Paradroid just last summer, and there are dozens more C64 games on the list but obviously they are a niche concern (and not of interest to most of our younger contributors), so require a special (older) team.
Suits

Post by Suits »

ratsoalbion wrote: March 16th, 2020, 9:20 pm ...so require a special (older) team.
Cultured I’m sure.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

ThirdDrawing wrote: March 16th, 2020, 7:37 pm General question - does anyone have a working C64 or C64 emulator so that they would be willing to cover C64 games? (I'm thinking stuff like Wasteland, Bard's Tale, the SSI D&D games).

Guessing no, but just curious.
That would be cool. There's a C64 lying around at my girlfriends parents, I wonder if there's a way of downloading games and transferring them to cassette to play authentically. That would be brilliant if it's possible. Failing that I suppose the games themselves would only be pennies on eBay and the like these days. Then there's the issue of hooking it up to an appropriate monitor I suppose...
ThirdDrawing

Post by ThirdDrawing »

Alex79uk wrote: March 17th, 2020, 11:36 am
That would be cool. There's a C64 lying around at my girlfriends parents, I wonder if there's a way of downloading games and transferring them to cassette to play authentically. That would be brilliant if it's possible. Failing that I suppose the games themselves would only be pennies on eBay and the like these days. Then there's the issue of hooking it up to an appropriate monitor I suppose...
I sort of figured it wasn't feasible, but I was just curious.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I had a look and it's definitely possible with the right equipment.
andthenweplay

Post by andthenweplay »

I would love to see Cane and Rinse cover Sin and Punishment Star Successor/Successor of the Skies (Depends on Region). It was released in October 29, 2009 Japan, May 7, 2010 PAL and June 27, 2010 in North America.

It is a sequel to a Japan only game Sin and Punishment and it was developed by Treasure studios and is a Nintendo first party game developed exclusively for the wii and later seen a port to the wiiu. It is an arcade style twin stick action rail shooter with hack n slash elements. it is super fun and I hope you guys would be able to check it out some day. It is a horribly underrated video game and it is honestly one of my favourite video games of all time and definitely my personal favourite on the wii
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I don't know if I'd say it's underrated, everyone I know who's played it speaks very highly of it. I've had it on Wii for years and never got round to playing it properly, I ought to some time.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Both the Sin & Punishment games have been on our list since (near) the beginning.
rob25X

Post by rob25X »

Alex79uk wrote: March 8th, 2020, 11:35 am Rocket Leeeeeeeague!
Could I just add a +1 to this one.

Rocket League would be a great one to hear some deep discussion about.

I avoided the game completely in it's early years due to my hatred of the lootbox thing but when I actually played it myself (giving it a chance on Game Pass) it instantly hit me what a fantastic game it was and how great it must be for families and friends to enjoy together. Cars + football = Rocket League. Highly deserving of it's success in my opinion even with it's lootbox thing all over it. So much fun! 8-)
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Unfortunately I don’t think we have anyone on the team who’s really more than casually dabbled in Rocket League (or its predecessor).
duskvstweak

Post by duskvstweak »

Is Shadow Man (64 or otherwise) on the list? I remember being fascinated with that game when I was younger. I can't imagine a world where it would be made a priority, unless you had a light October schedule.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

It is indeed, I believe there’s a remaster incoming too.
duskvstweak

Post by duskvstweak »

ratsoalbion wrote: April 16th, 2020, 8:33 am It is indeed, I believe there’s a remaster incoming too.
I MISSED THAT NEWS!
DeadpoolNegative

Post by DeadpoolNegative »

I never played the Shadowman game, but I remember the comics, and the game was based on the 1996 relaunch of the character, when Acclaim Entertainment owned the rights to the Valiant characters (and Valiant had the license to publish Turok comics, which is where that came from). The funny thing is, the game finally shipped right when the Acclaim version of Valiant died. And that version of Shadowman hasn't been seen since.

I will check out the remaster, though. Sounds like fun.