The in-game photography thread

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Scrustle

Re: The in-game photography thread

Post by Scrustle »

ratsoalbion wrote:Nice Easter egg. I bet there are tons more to discover. Must be.
Yeah I've heard of other stuff like this. I think I came across another one a while ago actually. Out near Sandy Shores there was some guy dressed up as Uncle Sam or something with a protest sign saying "This is the land of 'opperrtunity' so get out!"
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Man, GTA V is so good. Entertained the idea of replaying it recently...hmm.

Lovely shots, people
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

Thought I'd share some of my photos from Forza 5. This game is really pretty!

It seems your tuning setups are visually displayed on cars in your garage now too, instead of just on track like before. As you can see with the camber I have on the front wheels here.
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

It really is utterly stunning to look at. Beautiful.
countstex

Post by countstex »

The simply beautiful Eufloria

Image by Thomsen-Jones, on Flickr
Combine Hunter

Post by Combine Hunter »

Took some very pretty screenshots in Dark Souls II

Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

Wow. Those giant columns make for some really striking vistas. I like the odd wasp nest-like formations set against the castle on that last shot too. When I see stuff like that it always makes me a little disappointed how unimaginative most other game environments are in comparison. They could create literally anything they want for their fantasy worlds, yet they hardly ever do anything that different from reality. Why not have impossible stuff like that? It sure makes the game's world a more interesting and unique place to be.

It makes me wonder what Beast Souls will look like too. All the previous Souls games have had such amazing art direction that it pretty much makes the lack of detail unnoticable. But it seems Beast Souls is trying to push the graphical detail quite far, so I'm sure it'll be stunning.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Doesn't look all that, to be honest. Very repetitive! ;)

Luigi using the new loudy-box item to destroy some IDIOT Goomba's!

BasementShaxx

Post by BasementShaxx »

The view from my apartment in GTA Online

Bakers_12

Post by Bakers_12 »

It's a pirates life for me!! Black flag does surprise me how good it looks at time like this, in a way GTA does. [img]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/05/myzu9ygu.jpg[/img]
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Forgot I had these Super Smash Bros. Brawl screenshots from my Wii on my hard drive but this is by far my favourite. The aspect ratio is off as the fan-made program which converted Wii files into PC ones wasn't the best.

countstex

Post by countstex »

That was one hell of a climb.

ImageLara's Climb by Thomsen-Jones, on Flickr
BasementShaxx

Post by BasementShaxx »

Couple more from GTA Online, firstly a couple of tanks causing chaos outside my apartment:

And secondly, jumped out of a boat by the hidden cove only to find that I no longer floated and could walk around the sea floor:

dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

That is hell. Scary shit!
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

I've been dipping in and out of Next Car Game from the makers of Flatout, BugBear whilst it's in Early Access. They re-wrote the entire engine and they've added a photo mode!

Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

That's really cool. Photo modes in racing games always seem to be really restrictive when it comes to how high you can hang the camera. I've always wanted to try stuff like that, but nothing else I've seen allows you to do that.

Then again, I suppose it's to avoid stuff like this from happening:

And I'm starting to get a little impatient for Next Car Game to actually come out. I know game development takes a long time, but at this point it's been out in the open for so long that I'm a little tired of seeing videos of the same few unfinished tracks, and I just want to get my hands on the finished product.
Bakers_12

Post by Bakers_12 »

Last of us photo mode is stunning. Going to play with it a lot when I have completed it!
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

So Forza Horizon 2 is a gorgeous looking game. Especially at night and in the rain. I was a bit belated with this post, so this is going to be a bit of a long one.

I've actually found it rather tricky to capture the beauty of the game during the sunny, daytime periods. It's definitely still there, but for some reason it's hard to frame in a photo. It looks much better in motion. Maybe it's the way the lighting dynamically changes, with all the reflections dancing off the car as you drive around, and all the scenery whizzing past. Or maybe they've actually put a whole lot of effort in to making the game specifically look best from a gameplay angle, which would make sense I suppose. Or maybe it's simply that it's hard to get the camera settings right, since it never really translates the same over on to a computer screen. Colours seem much richer and contrast is much nicer on the TV. I always try to imitate it, but you can never really get it exact. Plus with it changing between different displays, it's mostly guesswork anyway. I'm no photographer.
Bakers_12

Post by Bakers_12 »

[img]http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10 ... 20df79.jpg[/img][img]http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10 ... 113df9.jpg[/img]

When I showed my wife the church pic she asked where have I been to take that photo. Had to tell her it was from a game , crazy!
Thesnipergecko

Post by Thesnipergecko »

Ryse Son of Rome - click for 4K images

More images
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image