Closure

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
MAp

Closure

Post by MAp »

Official website

A Giant Bomb closure quick look that convinced me I want this game

It looks like a great puzzle platformer, and I've been burning to play it since March when in came out in the US for the PS3.

Has anyone heard of any release date for the UK? I've not heard anything other than maybe a PC release in the near future but I noticed it's up for a golden joystick award so it must be coming out soon.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Re: Closure

Post by ratsoalbion »

As yet I know nothing of this game. It sounds darned interesting though so I will watch that vid as soon as I can.
magicjoef

Post by magicjoef »

Looks cool. I wonder if it will be on XBLA at a later date too (I don't have a PS3).

EDIT: Oh awesome, it is coming out on Steam so I can pick it up there!
Roy42

Post by Roy42 »

I'm surprised this isn't already out; I'd thought the existence of a quick look signified that it was out or close to. Must have missed Patrick saying that it wasn't out yet.
Sean

Post by Sean »

It's out over here on PSN.

It's pretty cool, but, I didn't feel compelled to finish it. The mechanic can get really frustrating at times.
Roy42

Post by Roy42 »

Always the hardest part about designing that kind of game. If it's cheap enough, I'll get it on Steam; and if not, I'll get it on Steam at Christmas.
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

Sean wrote:It's out over here on PSN.

It's pretty cool, but, I didn't feel compelled to finish it. The mechanic can get really frustrating at times.
You always get it good with SCEA Sean, I don't know why you're always complaining! ;)
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

I do love me some puzzle platformers so i'll be on this when the time is right. I'm really grateful most of these indie games come to steam!
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

No sign of this, Dyad or Walking Dead Ep 3 on the EU PSN store today.
:(

However we are getting Red Dead Redemption & Scott Pilgrim as PSN+ freebies so swings & roundabouts I guess.
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

Red Dead is an incredible freebie. The downside is so many have already played it I guess, but for those that haven't, wow, they're in for a treat.

I really didn't get Scott Pilgrim as a game though. Only tried the demo, but even that felt overly long. I guess for free I will try it again but not sure my opinions will change. Not bad timing (strategic no doubt) with that add-on on its way.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Scott Pilgrim demos terribly by all accounts. I'm told that the game gets going once you have powered & leveled up.
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

That's great to hear then. As I say, I'll give it a go anyway.
MAp

Post by MAp »

Yeah another week without the bundle of great looking games already out in the US :( I can't really complain as I just noticed Retro Grade is another PS+ freebie and even though I have both Red Dead Redemption, and Scott Pilgrim they're great games (also if you're not on PS+ it's on sale from £39.99 to £29.99 for a year subscription, so even more of an amazing deal).

Thought I may point people to the original flash game from newgrounds http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/480006
Sean wrote:It's out over here on PSN.

I got the feeling it may go that way, but I hear it's got so many level I'll probably feel I got my moneys worth by that time any way.
James

Post by James »

I played the Flash version of Closure yesterday. It's pretty different from the Steam/PS3 version as far as I can tell (single protagonist, an even more hand-drawn aesthetic, shorter?), but the light/dark mechanic is the same. I loved feeling like there wasn't a 'right' way to solve some of the levels - it had me thinking I was cheating at some points because of the rough-and-ready solutions I was finding.

It's tough to talk about because a lot of the fun I had was from knowing nothing about it and working out the mechanic and rules for myself. Glad I didn't watch/read anything beforehand.

For anyone who wants to try it, the Flash version is here: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/480006.