Games Completed 2014

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Pitwar

Re: Games Completed 2014

Post by Pitwar »

10th Jan - Call Of Duty Ghosts (PS4)
2nd Feb - Assassins Creed 4 Black Flag (PS4)
3rd Feb - Killzone Shadow Fall (PS4)

I've finished a couple of games over the past few days. The first being Assassins Creed 4. I had planned to give up on the series after 3 but thought I'd give 4 a bash on a next gen machine. I enjoyed it was more than the previous couple of entries in the series but think this may be it for me. I really wish they weren't released annually as it's just gotten stale now.

Last night I finished Killzone Shadow Fall. It's a stunning looking game but incredibly frustrating to play at times. Massive letdown if I'm honest.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

04 Feb: Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS)
Thoroughly excellent stuff as you'd expect from the series and its reliable developer Intelligent Systems. This is the first FE game I've actually finished and possibly my favourite JTBS since the first GBA Fire Emblem, or possibly even Konami's Vandal Hearts on PSone.
CapinGreen

Post by CapinGreen »

3rd Feb: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

Another ridiculous, over-the-top action game from Platinum. I enjoyed it thoroughly.
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

The Wolf Among Us: Episode 2-PS3
Tomb Raider-PS4
Skylanders Swap Force-PS4
Call Of Duty: Black Ops 2-PS3
The Wolf Among Us: Episode 1-PS3
Castle Crashers-360
Injustice: Gods Among Us-PS4
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Spoiler: show
Jan - Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS)
Jan - Attack of the Friday Monsters! A Tokyo Tale (3DS)
Jan - Valkyria Chronicles 2 (PSP)*
Feb - Luigi's Mansion 2 (3DS)

It sounds like blasphemy but at points I really didn't get on with this game at all, some points I could easily mistake it for a genuine classic and others I'd wonder just how stunted this game is to itself. There's a masterpiece of design, visuals and sound in there but something still sits wrong and I can't quite put my finger on it. I do now know that it's a distressing feeling to get a sound bug in a Nintendo game (second party or not). Loved the ending regardless of my love hate battle with the game as a whole and will certainly make a return trip to thrill tower.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

There's a lot to like about it, I enjoyed it, but you can tell it isn't first party.
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

The Wolf among us Chapter 2-Yep it's still good yep some of the tension is gone because it's a prequel other than that not much to talk about without spoilers,Telltale really needs to get their tech sorted though because even on PC the engine seem it's about to die and it seems the game didnt save any of my choices for comparison this time.
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

ratsoalbion wrote:04 Feb: Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS)
Thoroughly excellent stuff as you'd expect from the series and its reliable developer Intelligent Systems. This is the first FE game I've actually finished and possibly my favourite JTBS since the first GBA Fire Emblem, or possibly even Konami's Vandal Hearts on PSone.
I really want to play this but can't justify the cost at the moment. I ended up with Bravely Default due to certain circumstances and I'm reluctant to buy a second before finishing the first.

This is probably the game that most pushed me to buying a second 3DS.
Dante Fireseed

Post by Dante Fireseed »

January 12: Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (Normal) (PS3)
January 15: Gunpoint (PC)
January 18: Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (Hard) (PS3)
January 25: Guacamelee (PS3)
February 4: Need for Speed Rivals (PS4) (Cop Career)
Dante Fireseed

Post by Dante Fireseed »

ratsoalbion wrote:04 Feb: Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS)
Probably my favourite genre, Vandal Hearts being still one of my most beloved PS1 games. I just wish this were released on another platform as I don't have a 3DS :(
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Dante Fireseed wrote:Probably my favourite genre, Vandal Hearts being still one of my most beloved PS1 games. I just wish this were released on another platform as I don't have a 3DS :(
3DS is a wonderful platform and Awakening is a terrific version but there are great Fire Emblem games out there for GBA (x2), DS, GameCube and Wii too.
Dante Fireseed

Post by Dante Fireseed »

Yeah, between this and Zelda: A Link between Worlds I feel I must invest!
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

Zelda is very good and I say this as someone who isn't really much of a Zelda lover.
The Sonic Mole

Post by The Sonic Mole »

ratsoalbion wrote:
Dante Fireseed wrote:Probably my favourite genre, Vandal Hearts being still one of my most beloved PS1 games. I just wish this were released on another platform as I don't have a 3DS :(
3DS is a wonderful platform and Awakening is a terrific version but there are great Fire Emblem games out there for GBA (x2), DS, GameCube and Wii too.
Be prepared to shell out £££ for some of the earlier Fire Emblems though!
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Yeah, true enough.
Rich

Post by Rich »

Broken Sword 5 - Part 1 (PC) $50 Kickstarter (included all previous Revolution games on GOG)

Maybe a bit rougher around the edges than I hoped but I was very glad to be back pointing and clicking with George and Nico.
I look forward to part two.

Super Stardust Delta - (Vita) £7.99
I got the hero of the galaxy trophy to say I've completed all the planets but I'm far from done with the game. The best I've played in the Stardust series and one of the best games I've tried on the Vita.

Guacamelee! (PS3/Vita) £7.99
Played up to the last boss on PS3 and got so frustrated with the colour coded shields that I completely gave up (I'm colour blind by the way).
I never thought I'd finish it but when I was given a Vita I saw I had Guacamelee available to download so I gave it another try. Synced my save and bashed my head against a wall for a few hours before the credits.
Other than the colour stuff this game would have hit my top 10 last year easy. It nailed everything it set out to do in the gameplay department and the graphics and music are great. I understand the humour is too internety for some people but it didn't bother me. Easy to ignore.

Broken Age Act 1 - (PC) (About $30 including some tip jar contributions)
I loved it. I'm looking forward to some excellent pay off in act 2. If it lives up to my expectations I'll be shocked if it's not something I play again and again for years to come.
Even just the art puts it up with some of my favourite games ever.
Shadow Of The Colossus (PS3)
I can't fault it. I can't imagine any other games coming close to this in quality for a while. I have no idea why it's taken me so long to actually finish it. I played about half way through on the PS2 and got rid when the PS3 version was released and only recently had the urge to put any real time into it.
Probably the same reason I can't play any half life games. So much critical acclaim can be stressful to me as a player.
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

Policenauts(emulated PSX)

Much like Snatcher this is one of those feel good games where by the end you cant help but smile :D it's basically lethal weapon on space but it's great,gameplay wise this fares much better than Snatcher the puzzles are for the most part well done,the "explore the cenario" sections are better done and the shooting sections,which were the bane of my existence in Snatcher,were actually fun this time around.Storywise it's pretty simple and somewhat predictable but at the same time really compelling,the setting is also great but I wish technology had allowed them freedom to do more stuff in it,also Meryl is in game and I like to believe it's the same Meryl from MGS after spending some time in cryo sleep,hey if Revengeance is cannon so can this be,I highly recommend it if you dont mind going through the trouble of emulating a PSX and getting the ROMhack that makes the text in english,with this done Boktai is the only Kojima game I'v yet to play which's gonna be hard since the game requires actual sunlight to be played on the gameboy for now though Im glad to have played this classic.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Jan 1: God of War Ascension - £6.30.
Jan 3: Uncharted Golden Abyss - £0.00*
Jan 7: The Room & Epilogue - £1.49
Jan 7: Bioshock Infinite: BaS Ep1. - £0.00**
Jan 8: To The Moon - 0.63p from Humble Bundle X
Jan 9: Alan Wake American Nightmare - £0.00**
Jan 11: Influx - Free**
Jan 15: Broken Age Act 1 - £0.00**
Jan 15: Nidhogg - £8
Jan 16: Estranged: Act 1 - Free
Jan 19: Max Payne 3 (Hard) - £0.00**
Jan 21: Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
Jan 22: Parappa the Rapper 2 - £0.00**
Jan 23: OlliOlli (Amateur levels) - £5.38
Jan 28: Super Mario 64 (70 stars) - £0.00

Total in January: £21.80

Feb 2: Batman: Arkham Origins - £6.88
Feb 3: Super Mario 64 (remaining 50 stars)
Feb 7: Super Mario Sunshine (51 shines)

* - PS Plus "Free"
** - Already paid for before 2014.

All prices listed are monies spent in 2014.
Finished Super Mario Sunshine but only the core shines needed to get to Bowser. I am never going to 100% that game again as it's even more of a crime than Wind Waker's padding with the tri-force pieces.
Combine Hunter

Post by Combine Hunter »

Combine Hunter wrote:
Combine Hunter wrote:Jan 26: Super Mario World (Wii U)
Jan 29: Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island (emu)
Feb 07: Ratchet & Clank: Nexus (PS3)

If you're a fan of A Crack in Time like me, you should play this.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Oh man, I need/want that game! Totally forgot it was out. I'll add it to the cheap list :)