The Hitman thread

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Todinho

Re: The Hitman thread

Post by Todinho »

oh that's a shame I didnt even remember he said that,well I'll be looking foward to yours then the world needs better Hitman LPs! =D
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Which is the better game out of Hit man 2 and Contracts?
The_Rooster

Post by The_Rooster »

Contracts for me however it's been years since I played 2, do want to go back to it at some point. Blood money is probably the best in general.
James

Post by James »

Contracts was seen as a bit of a stop-gap when released. It's kind of a compilation game, using some remade levels from Codename 47, and being mostly in flashback. There's still a lot to like in it, but I preferred Silent Assassin personally.

SA is still my favourite, but Blood Money is considered the best by many (most?) Hitman fans. I would certainly suggest that Blood Money is the best starting place for newcomers; Absolution would be easier (being a more modern game, and with more contemporary controls and design), but I don't think it a very good example of a Hitman game at all. I don't consider it a very good game, even in its own rights (to be honest). :cry:
Solm

Post by Solm »

iwatttfodiwwfa wrote:Contracts was seen as a bit of a stop-gap when released. It's kind of a compilation game, using some remade levels from Codename 47, and being mostly in flashback. There's still a lot to like in it, but I preferred Silent Assassin personally.

SA is still my favourite, but Blood Money is considered the best by many (most?) Hitman fans. I would certainly suggest that Blood Money is the best starting place for newcomers; Absolution would be easier (being a more modern game, and with more contemporary controls and design), but I don't think it a very good example of a Hitman game at all. I don't consider it a very good game, even in its own rights (to be honest). :cry:
Never been a fan of the Hitman Series. The only game I've completed and enjoyed in the series is Hitman Absolution. Probably due to it not being your typical Hitman game and being more user friendly. I do have Hitman Blood Money on my Pile of Shame and I hope I get the time to play it, some day soon.
The_Rooster

Post by The_Rooster »

I found Absolution to be probably the worst game of the series. But still a good game for the amount of ways to complete a single misson. Which is something the hitman series has always been brilliant at. The story didn't hold up tho.

If your starting out or starting again, start at 2 and work through. You'll see the game play evolve. Especially since the HD collection is on PS3 PS+ at the moment.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I enjoyed Absolution, and I enjoyed Blood Money - or what I played of it. Cheers though, I'll start with SA before Contracts.
The_Rooster

Hitman (2016)

Post by The_Rooster »

In a dilemma about the new Hitman game. I am a big fan of the Hitman franchise however with the disappointment of Absolution left a bad taste in my mouth.

With the Beta on PS4 coming up on the 12th Feb I am wondering whether to drop the full £45 on an episodic game not knowing the content or go for the intro pack at £12 and I still get chance to try the Beta. I will end up paying more in the long run if i will buy them by episode.

What's your guys thoughts.
Todinho

Re: Hitman (2016)

Post by Todinho »

When it comes to this sorta of thing I usually wait for the whole thing to come out and see what it offers,for example Im a massive RE fan so when Revelations 2 came out last year I was cautiously optimistic because of how the series had being going so I waited for all the episodes to come out and saw what people were talking about before I went and bought it,if the game's good it's still gonna be good a few months from now when all of the parts are released so from my perspective I'd say wait,if you absolutely must play it though buying it by piece is probably the way to go since if the first part sucks you can just check out then and there with minimal losses.
James

Post by James »

I'm in a similar situation, Rooster. I'm going to pre-order the intro pack and try the beta to see if it grabs me. Not a bulletproof test for how much I'll enjoy the game, for sure, but at least I'll have a flavour of it before I make a decision on whether to go for the intro, the full package or to wait.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I liked Absolution, but then it was the first Hitman game I played. I did buy the HD collection on PSN (or was it free?) and started Blood Money, and just found the controls too clunky to get anything out of it, so I'm definitely interested in this new one.
The_Rooster

Post by The_Rooster »

Blood money is my favourite in the series. The controls are clunky but there are some really good Missons in that game.

Bought the intro pack. Gonna try the Beta today. Really hope it shows potential love the series and 2 poorly reviewed games in a row may kill the franchise.
Joshihatsumitsu

Post by Joshihatsumitsu »

Just to briefly resurrect an older thread: with the Black Friday deals that are out at the moment on PSN (not that we do Black Friday in Australia, but whatevs), the Hitman Season 1 deal caught my eye. Putting aside critical reception, I'm more curious about the how the online connectivity works with it, whether it's mandatory (which will be a deal breaker for me), and whether anyone has experiences good or bad in regards to this?
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

I haven't played it myself, but as far as I understand it, the online connectivity is indeed mandatory. It's even expected to be the case for the retail disc release. Completely asinine move, and a deal breaker for me as well.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
Joshihatsumitsu

It was a title I was looking forward to when it was initially announced. It hit the preorder list pretty early with most retailers.

Then there was the announcement that the game was going to be chopped up and released episodically, and at that point it became less desirable, but maybe I'd pick up the disc when it was all wrapped up.

And now there is that complete package, except it's not really a complete package: it's season one. But again, maybe...

But if I need a constant connection... geez, I live in a country with crappy infrastructure in many ways, especially Internet, so it's a very disappointing deal breaker if it's true. And it's a series that I do like a lot, even with Blood Money's wonky controls, I still forgive it, because it's very unique and memorable.

Why this series, that I actually like, insists on putting up so many unnecessary barriers is puzzling.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

The only game I've ever played all the way through is Hitman Absolution, which I really enjoyed (although had not had my opinion of it coloured by previous games). I bought the starter pack of this, but haven't really played it properly yet. I did the opening tutorial on the boat but haven't been to Paris. The small bit I played was great, and I'm looking forward to getting in to it when I have some more time.
Joshihatsumitsu

I think it was mentioned on the Blood Money episode: a rerelease of Blood Money with Absolutions controls would be amazing! I enjoyed Absolution too, and I think the criticisms about it are valid, and I agree with them, but it's still a good game.
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

So Im interested in Hitman also but from what I see from Steam reviews they are mixed both overall and recently but everyone I heard from here seems to have nothing but good things to say so I dont know what to think exactly,is it like Blood Money or more like Absolution?More importantly how does this always online thing work? Does the game locks up if the internet goes out mid play? I really want to get it because to me at least the stealth games I played this year have lacking to say the least.
Joshihatsumitsu

It has been super hard to find any information on the online issue, especially in recent months. Some websites state that you can play offline but offline and online saves are not compatible; other websites are saying you need a connection all the time due to the size of the levels; and a few of those Steam reviews reflect a mandatory connection to the server, but they are Steam reviews so who knows what to believe?

Come on Square Enix (I know you read this forum)! I want to give you my money! Why punish people who want to purchase the game legally with DRM/server nonsense! And why can't I get a straight answer to this online-connectivity question? Square Enix, I know you can hear me!
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

Yeah the online thing is what really bites I dont wanna buy a game I wont be able to play if all of a sudden(as often happens here) my internet goes out.