Demon's Souls

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Chopper

Re: Demon's Souls

Post by Chopper »

Excellent work. Did you free Sage Freke from the cells? You'll start bumping into a few familiar faces from now on as well.
Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth »

Yes I did. I’ve been doing it without using a guide so tracking down his cell once I got the key was a bit of a nightmare. The hints people have left are amazing as I’ve found rare weapons and been warned of ambushes etc. Obviously there’s the odd cheeky person telling me to step off a sheer drop...which I have definitely not done..honest:)

Also I could not find the key for the remaining cells on the second floor for the life of me or for Rydell.

I’m tempted to use some of my demon souls to buy magic from him. Is that a bad idea? I’m tempted to see what happens as looks like there’s an upgrade to my soul arrow.

After losing tens of thousands of souls the other night because I was rushing I am now making substantial progress.
Chopper

Post by Chopper »

Good work; don't worry about Rydell, things will develop there.

Yes, if you are a magic user you should most definitely be buying spells from Freke. You'll need them more than any of the special weapons you can make otherwise.

Great stuff doing it without a guide. I have to say, with this guy's server almost every point of interest is highlighted by the messages, so he's done a great job.
James

Post by James »

I'm so jealous of anyone experiencing this for the first time. Loving reading your progress, Simonsloth. :D
Chopper

Post by Chopper »

I know, and he's not providing enough updates, right? :)

It's a strange one, but I know people love hearing about someone else's progress through this game. Never gets old.
James

Post by James »

Oh, how I'd love a remaster! :-)
Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth »

Chopper wrote: December 3rd, 2018, 4:10 pm I know, and he's not providing enough updates, right? :)

It's a strange one, but I know people love hearing about someone else's progress through this game. Never gets old.
I wish I could but I’m on holiday so I’m stuck with dark souls on the switch. Darn.
James

Post by James »

That sounds insufferable! :P

(Hope you're having a lovely time... on holiday, and in Lordran.)
Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth »

So I’m a bit stumped as to what to do now. The world tendency for all the areas is black and crumbling so whenever I start a level I have red phantoms coming at me which are very overpowered compared to the normal enemies.

I can’t even attempt 4-1 as there’s one right at the start.
Chopper

Post by Chopper »

Black Phantom Satsuki? He’s a real piece of work.

I can’t believe they’ve gone full black world tendency :D

You should be alright to carry on with worlds 2, 3 and 5 right now. 5.2 might be a bit rough but you need to get there first :)

Plus, the phantoms don’t pursue you too much, so you could just run past. The other enemies aren’t *that* much stronger.
Chopper

Post by Chopper »

Just thinking, with the world tendency, you could pick up a colorless demon’s soul at the elevator in 2.1 where the guys are throwing the rocks. Not that it’ll do you any good, but it’s a point of interest.
Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth »

Was quite nice on 1-1 as I mopped up a load of souls to the left at the start but then met my match with the blade wielding phantom who wiped the floor with me!
Chopper

Post by Chopper »

The enchanting Miralda :D

I was trying to remember if the gate was open in black tendency as well as white.
Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth »

What does a colourless demon soul do?
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Simonsloth wrote: December 15th, 2018, 8:30 pm What does a colourless demon soul do?
Rare upgrade material.
Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth »

KSubzero1000 wrote: December 15th, 2018, 8:47 pm
Simonsloth wrote: December 15th, 2018, 8:30 pm What does a colourless demon soul do?
Rare upgrade material.
I was being lazy and chopper probably wrote the wiki :D
Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth »

So I’ve been playing for 3 hours and have nothing to show for it. Narrowly missed out on beating the 2-2 boss multiple times. Can’t upgrade my weapon as I think the stones I need are in world 4 which is currently blocked by a ridiculously tough phantom.

Trying and failing at world 5. Might call it a night....or one more go;)
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Nothing to show for it? Three hours of experience is worth more than any in game loot!
Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth »

Alex79uk wrote: December 16th, 2018, 8:10 am Nothing to show for it? Three hours of experience is worth more than any in game loot!
I know what you mean but I was sprinting to try and get back to my bloodstain with tens of thousands of souls only to die doing something stupid. It was all my own fault definitely and I didn’t learn from my own mistakes. It’s just after 3 hours I don’t think I learnt anything except that I’m an impatient imbecile :D

My wife is getting lots of early nights with our newborn so I’m capitalising on the opportunities but they will no doubt be less frequent. I’m gutted I didn’t get any further at all. The pure black world tendency is a killer.
Chopper

Post by Chopper »

The server status shows up as Neutral but I went on Discord and apparently it’s not accurate at all and can’t be relied on.

https://yuvi.app/status.txt

Good news though - it gets set to pure white for Christmas. But no word on when exactly that happens :)

Congrats on the new arrival!