What's Out This Week?

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
dezm0nd

Re: What's Out This Week?

Post by dezm0nd »

The FF7 remake demo is out on PS4 stores. EEk!
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Scrustle wrote: July 25th, 2016, 6:33 pm I hope Toukiden 2 comes out over here. It looks pretty good. Not had a chance to play the original, but that one seems cool as well. But this second one seems to be adding in something pretty distinctive for the Hunter-like genre. Fully open world. I want to see how that works out.
You probably don't even remember writing this, but did you ever end up playing Toukiden 2? Only it's on PS Now this month and it looks interesting. Wondered if anyone had any experience of it. I keep playing Monster Hunting games without ever having actually played Monster Hunter!
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

Alex79uk wrote: March 3rd, 2020, 6:35 pm
Scrustle wrote: July 25th, 2016, 6:33 pm I hope Toukiden 2 comes out over here. It looks pretty good. Not had a chance to play the original, but that one seems cool as well. But this second one seems to be adding in something pretty distinctive for the Hunter-like genre. Fully open world. I want to see how that works out.
You probably don't even remember writing this, but did you ever end up playing Toukiden 2? Only it's on PS Now this month and it looks interesting. Wondered if anyone had any experience of it. I keep playing Monster Hunting games without ever having actually played Monster Hunter!
Wow, blast from the past. I did end up playing a demo for the game, but that was ages ago too. From what I remember, it seemed not particularly great. It was heavily focused on absurdly long combos that were so long it was practically impossible to remember them during combat, let alone execute, and the enemy design was pretty bland, as were the visuals. Maybe there's more to it once you get the hang of the weapons, but it didn't seem like it was worth putting in the effort. Monster Hunter itself is vastly superior. I'd highly recommend checking out MH World, it's pretty brilliant. There is also a F2P version of Toukiden 2 now as well I think, although I guess that doesn't really matter if you have PS Now for the proper version.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Ah thanks, I'll give it a miss then. I'll keep waiting for Monster Hunter to come on PS Now. I would buy it, but I don't really want to pay for it when I have such a huge backlog! Just seems silly.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

The Elder Scrolls Online: Harrowstorm DLC [PS4, XBO] – March 10
Ori and the Will of the Wisps [PC, XBO] – March 11
Hidden Through Time [PC, PS4, XBO, Steam] – March 12
Overpass [Switch] – March 12
Artificial Extinction [PC] – March 13
Dead or School [PS4, Switch] – March 13
MLB The Show 20 [PS4] – March 13
My Hero One's Justice 2 [PC, PS4, XBO, Switch] – March 13
Nioh 2 [PS4] – March 13
chase210

Post by chase210 »

I'll play Ori through gamepass.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Yup. I really hope gamepass is paying off for microsoft because at the moment it really does feel like it's too good to be true!
duskvstweak

Post by duskvstweak »

Yeah, I wonder if they'll ever release numbers of cost/benefits of it all for them. It seems like everyone I know always says they'll just play "insert game title" it on gamepass. But, if current games are being played on gamepass, that means people have the sub each month, has to be doing good for them!
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

If MS use their first party titles as the beacon for the masses and then with that sub money the fund indie dev costs with a one-off payment then surely no ones losing but you gotta expect there to be an initial cost involved with AAA development and just hoping that they sustain a userbase big enough to cover the costs.

A very bold move from MS but it seems to be working?
James

Post by James »

Ditto all Game Pass concerns and queries mentioned above.

Also will be playing Ori this week. Also on Game Pass.

Ori is possibly my most anticipated game releasing this year, and it's equally marvellous and baffling to me that I don't have to pay anything beyond a pre-existing subscription which I got for a frankly ridiculous £1 upgrade fee over-and-above three years of Xbox Live Gold.
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

Nothing to add but great to see you around, James, and hope you're doing well. :)
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Phil Spencer on Game Makers Notebook podcast was interesting as Ted Price literally asked how it was financially viable. Phil didn't answer directly but did say that it's working for them.

Worth a listen, that.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Looks like a Call Of Duty free to play Battle Royale is dropping tomorrow - sounds interesting, I'll definitely give it a go.

CoD: Warzone - www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2020/3/9/2 ... lease-date

dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

My guess? It'll be massive. Apex Legends has a competitor!
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I think it'll be huge, yeah. It's the brand as much as anything, but as well as that nobody can deny the shooting in CoD is pretty much spot on. Is Apex still big then? I don't know many people still playing it, but I wonder if this will harm the next mainline CoD sales..?
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

Apex is still doing pretty well yes.
James

Post by James »

Stanshall wrote: March 8th, 2020, 10:43 pm Nothing to add but great to see you around, James, and hope you're doing well. :)
Thanks! It's been far too long. :mrgreen:
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

As its Tuesday I was gleefully skipping to my xbox to turn Ori 2 on...

It's out tomorrow! Argh!
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

dezm0nd wrote: March 10th, 2020, 8:02 am As its Tuesday I was gleefully skipping to my xbox to turn Ori 2 on...

It's out tomorrow! Argh!
I'm going to set my XB to NZ location and fingers crossed I can play it from midday orange so. I've done a it before for various things so should work. I think you may need to redownload the SKU from the NZ store, though. I'll let you know if it works either way!
FemalePheromones

Post by FemalePheromones »

dezm0nd wrote: March 10th, 2020, 8:02 am As its Tuesday I was gleefully skipping to my xbox to turn Ori 2 on...

It's out tomorrow! Argh!
Is it pre-loadable with Game Pass?