What's Out This Week?

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Alex79

Re: What's Out This Week?

Post by Alex79 »

dezm0nd wrote: August 20th, 2020, 6:14 am Battletoads is getting decent reviews but doesnt feature online play.

Totally a bummer, dude
I've seen a few stinkers too, mind.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

And just like that, August is done

Kandagawa Jet Girls [PS4] – August 25
Madden 21 [PS4, XBO] – August 25
Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath - Klassic Femme Fatale Skin Pack [PC, PS4, XBO, Switch] – August 25
No Straight Roads [PC, PS4, XBO, Switch] – August 25
Vader Immortal: A Star Wars VR Series [PSVR] – August 25
Best Friend Forever [PC, Switch] – August 27
Control: AWE DLC [PC, PS4, XBO] – August 27
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition [PS4, Switch] – August 27
Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 4 [PC, PS4, XBO, Switch] – August 27
Surgeon Simulator 2 [PC] – August 27
Tell Me Why - Chapter 1 [PC, XBO] – August 27
Tour de France 2020 [PC] – August 27
Captain Tsubasa: Rise of New Champions [PC, PS4, Switch] – August 28
Double Kick Heroes [XBO] – August 28
Jump Force Deluxe Edition [Switch] – August 28
Nexomon: Extinction [PC, PS4, XBO, Switch] – August 28
Project Cars 3 [PC, PS4, XBO] – August 28
Wasteland 3 [PC, PS4, XBO] – August 28
Windbound [PC, PS4, XBO, Switch] – August 28
Marlew

Post by Marlew »

I've played a couple of hours of Double Kick Heroes on Switch. It's good, a metal rhythm game with some lite shooty elements but it's tough. Bit too hard for me!
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

Kind of interested in No Straight Roads. Looks like it has a very cool art style and conceit to it. I've heard it compared to No More Heroes as well, which definitely gets my attention. Might pick it up at some point.

And Project Cars is out already? That's crazy, feels like it was only announced a few weeks ago. I've heard series fans aren't impressed with the changes they're making with this one though.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Ary and the Secret of Seasons [PC, PS4, XBO, Switch] – September 1
Crusader Kings 3 [PC] – September 1
The Elder Scrolls Online: Stonethorn DLC [PS4, XBO] – September 1
Hitman [Stadia] – September 1
Hitman 2 [Stadia] – September 1
MX vs ATV All Out [Switch] – September 1
Cook-Out: A Sandwich Tale [PC VR] – September 3
WRC 9 [PC, PS4, XBO] – September 3
Doraemon Story of Seasons [PS4] – September 4
Marvel's Avengers [PC, PS4, XBO, Stadia] – September 4
Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 and 2 [PC, PS4, XBO] – September 4
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Scrustle wrote: August 23rd, 2020, 6:59 pm And Project Cars is out already? That's crazy, feels like it was only announced a few weeks ago. I've heard series fans aren't impressed with the changes they're making with this one though.
Oh really? What's the scoop? I enjoyed the first one, was thinking about keeping an eye on this one.
Marlew

Post by Marlew »

Alex79uk wrote: August 29th, 2020, 7:59 pm
Scrustle wrote: August 23rd, 2020, 6:59 pm And Project Cars is out already? That's crazy, feels like it was only announced a few weeks ago. I've heard series fans aren't impressed with the changes they're making with this one though.
Oh really? What's the scoop? I enjoyed the first one, was thinking about keeping an eye on this one.
I believe they've toned down the sim elements significantly and made it a bit more arcadey/accessible. I've been hearing DriveClub comparisons, which appeals to me, I loved that, but it's a bit of a shame if you loved the series for what it was. It makes me wonder why they didn't just call it something else? Maybe even a spin-off title if they wanted to use the Project Cars name.

Anyway, I much prefer GT Sport to any other driving game on current gen so I'm unlikely to pick this up until a sale but it's a curious departure.
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

Ary and the Secret of Seasons is one I've been keeping track of for a while. It looks like it has a ton of potential, and has some really ambitious ideas to it. 3D Zelda-like where you can control what the season is around you in localised bubbles. I've seen some trailers that show off some really cool ways that is used. But I played a demo for it a while back, and that really shook my confidence in it. At best, it seems extremely inconsistent in production quality. I can see that being a red flag that it has much bigger problems too. But I'll be interested to see what the general reception is.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Marlew wrote: August 29th, 2020, 8:34 pm
Alex79uk wrote: August 29th, 2020, 7:59 pm
I believe they've toned down the sim elements significantly and made it a bit more arcadey/accessible. I've been hearing DriveClub comparisons, which appeals to me, I loved that, but it's a bit of a shame if you loved the series for what it was. It makes me wonder why they didn't just call it something else? Maybe even a spin-off title if they wanted to use the Project Cars name.

Anyway, I much prefer GT Sport to any other driving game on current gen so I'm unlikely to pick this up until a sale but it's a curious departure.
Oh that's a shame. I guess they're having to go with what sells maybe. 🤷‍♂️
duskvstweak

Post by duskvstweak »

I'm interested to see how Crusader Kings, Avengers and that Tony Hawk Remaster do. Hoping they're all good, though I'm not very excited for the Avengers, which is too bad. I hope I'm proven wrong.
Angry_Kurt

Post by Angry_Kurt »

Ign gave crusaders a 10
NoMoreSpearows

Post by NoMoreSpearows »

Since it wasn't mentioned on the "main" list of upcoming titles, I'd like to bring up Paradise Killer, set for release on Steam and Switch on September 4th. I realize that not every game can be featured because this is an already cluttered medium as it is, but the absolute style resonating from it makes me want to ensure that it's given at least a little bit of attention. A demo is available on Steam if you're curious. but I don't think Switch owners have that privilege, unfortunately.
macstat

Post by macstat »

CK3 is available on xbox game pass so its afairly cheap way to try it (and some other games).
SludgeWizard

Post by SludgeWizard »

dezm0nd wrote: August 29th, 2020, 7:23 pm Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 and 2 [PC, PS4, XBO] – September 4
I usually don't get swept up too much in nostalgia, but it's hitting me hard when I watch videos for this game and I can't help getting excited.
Good reviews so far, too.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Circuit Dude [Switch] – September 7
AVICII Invector Encore Edition [Switch] – September 8
Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning [PC, PS4, XBO] – September 8
Necromunda: Underhive Wars [PC, PS4, XBO] – September 8
OkunoKA Madness [PC, PS4, XBO, Switch] – September 8
The Sims 4: Star Wars: Journey to Batuu Game Pack [PC, PS4, XBO] – September 8
The Outer Worlds: Peril On Gorgon DLC [PC, PS4, XBO] – September 9
Borderlands 3: Psycho Krieg and the Fantastic Fustercluck DLC [PC, PS4, XBO] – September 10
Bounty Battle [PC, PS4, XBO, Switch] – September 10
Hotshot Racing [PC, PS4, XBO, Switch] – September 10
Ostranauts [PC] – September 10
Redneck Ed: Astro Monster Show [PC] – September 10
Vampire: The Masquerade - Shadows of New York [PC, PS4, XBO, Switch] – September 10
Inertial Drift [PC, PS4, XBO, Switch] – September 11
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I've been following Hotshot Racing for a while, and pleased to see its getting good reviews. And only £12 on Switch!
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

BPM: Bullets Per Minute [PC] – September 15
eFootball PES 2021 Season Update (PES 2021) [PC, PS4, XBO] – September 15
Spelunky 2 [PS4] – September 15
Vaporum: Lockdown [PC] – September 15
Medieval Dynasty [PC] – September 17
Mini Motor Racing X [Switch] – September 17
Pacer [PC, PS4, XBO] – September 17
Crysis Remastered [PC, PS4, XBO] – September 18
Earth Defense Force 5 [PS4] (Retail) – September 18
Super Mario 3D All-Stars [Switch] – September 18
WWE 2K Battlegrounds [PC, PS4, XBO, Switch, Stadia] – September 18
Marlew

Post by Marlew »

CHOO CHOO

Sacrilegious maybe, but I've never finished 64, nor played much Sunshine. I just hope that Galaxy isn't gimped with the Pro Controller because both my sets of Joycons are shit. Most excited I've been for a release since TLOU2.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Yeah I'm excited for the new All Stars collection. I've only played through Galaxy once properly so I think I'll be heading there first.

I've recently done quick playthroughs of 1, 2, 3 and World (save scum, rewinds) but as a nostalgia trip it not only reaffirmed my position on the Mario hype train but put me in 1st class seats!
Angry_Kurt

Post by Angry_Kurt »

I've played neither 64 or Sunshine, in fact Galaxy was my first 3D Mario game. I'm excited to play them, ver ymuch so, but I must admit to being slightly disappointed with the lack of effort they have put into these remasters. It would have been great to update them to new style Mario graphics, like in Odyssey, But have the option to switch back to old graphics, as they did with the Master Chief collection.