E3 2014

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Todinho

Re: E3 2014

Post by Todinho »

The best part of the Smash tournament :D :
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

Tim Schafer explains why they didn't go for the usual point-and-click interface in this interview here:

And that screenshot of Hyrule Warriors: is there a video going around showing footage of that? I've heard that it's a special move of one of the characters, but all I've seen are a couple of pictures of the moon itself.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Grim Fandango remaster on Vita! I'm officially excited about that. That's awesome news!
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

Yes! after watching the game on youtube im really looking foward to play this on the vita hopefully it comes out soon.

And I dont know if everybody heard but aparently the character in the Zelda trailer wasnt Link,so maybe they are changing more things?
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

The only other Hyrule Warriors thing I've seen today was this.

(image is too big to embed)
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

I saw that image earlier today, and it had me wondering who that girl on the right is.
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

Here's a 40 minute demo of Xenoblade Chronicles X:

To be honest, it seems like what I feared about this game is true. I really want to like it. It's probably going to be heralded as one of the best in the genre, like its predecessor was, and the art direction is stunning, but that battle system. Auto-attack hotkey nonsense. I really struggle to imagine how anyone could think that sounds like fun to play, let alone why anyone would think it was a good idea to design a game that way. A lot of JRPGs seem to do stuff like this. I don't get it. It's not like the old days when they were forced to created limited battle systems because of memory limitations.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Metroid Zero Mission coming to Wii U eShop.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Good! I was wondering about this just earlier today. I found ZM much easier to play and enjoy than the original NES version of Metroid.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Almost infinitely, yeah. Zero Mission is superb.

News time! Playstation TV will be £84.99 here in the UK
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

Oh yeah! Fulton recovery system confirmed and in the best way possible :D

Roy42

Post by Roy42 »

Todinho wrote:And I dont know if everybody heard but aparently the character in the Zelda trailer wasnt Link,so maybe they are changing more things?
Eiji Aonuma neither confirmed nor denied that the character in the Zelda WiiU trailer was Link; that is all we know.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Advance Wars creators Intelligent Systems have announced a new turn based strategy game for 3DS called Codename Steam. Its steam punk!
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

I just love Intelligent Systems. Their softography is a ridiculously long list of ridiculously great games.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

They are indeed an incredible team. Here's all I could really find on it for now!

dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

When questioned about Advance Wars and the next Fire Emblem, they said
"We are always thinking about the next iteration of Advance Wars and Fire Emblem," he said. "We can't reveal any of those details tonight, but when the time is right we will."
And that they're on schedule for the Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensei game
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Bloodborne gameplay. Oh man! Want.

Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

Roy42 wrote:
Todinho wrote:And I dont know if everybody heard but aparently the character in the Zelda trailer wasnt Link,so maybe they are changing more things?
Eiji Aonuma neither confirmed nor denied that the character in the Zelda WiiU trailer was Link; that is all we know.
Aonuma has cleared up that the person in the trailer was in fact Link, and male. He was just joking before when he was being vague.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=836231

There's still a little mystery left though. Judging by how he hold his bow in the trailer, it appears Link may be right-handed again. Unless that was just a mistake.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Intelligent Systems' Codename S.T.E.A.M is live on the Nintendo Treehouse stream right now!
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

I saw a bit of this today on the treehouse stream and it looked amazing. Kinda like a cross between X-Com and Valkyrie Chronicles. 3rd Person turn based strategy. Shame, really, as I know i'll be RUBBISH AT IT!