Games with Gold

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
NokkonWud

Games with Gold

Post by NokkonWud »

Games with Gold has finally launched on Xbox One:
First out the gates..

Halo: Spartan Assault
Was $9.99, now $0.00
Download

and

Max: The Curse of Brotherhood
Was $14.99, now $0.00
Download

I actually purchased the latter when I had an Xbox One and it's a cracking wee game, I definitely recommend it.

Remember, even if you don't own an Xbox One yet, as long as you have Xbox Live Gold you can get the games for free and play them when you do pick one up!
Sinclair Gregstrum

Re: Games with Gold

Post by Sinclair Gregstrum »

As part of the Games With Gold programme they've also reduced the price of Crimson Dragon from £15.99 to £7.99 for Gold subscribers.

Pretty mixed reception when it came out at launch, but if you're an old Panzer Dragoon fan like me then this spiritual successor is definitely worth checking out at that price.....
magicjoef

Post by magicjoef »

NokkonWud wrote: Remember, even if you don't own an Xbox One yet, as long as you have Xbox Live Gold you can get the games for free and play them when you do pick one up!
Didn't even think of that! Do you have to do that through their website or something?
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Just click on the links that Karl put up there and that should do it (once you've logged in on Live).
spasticmonkey2

Post by spasticmonkey2 »

Though I have no intention of getting an Xbox One (unless I become rich overnight)and my Gold sub on my 360 is set to end in a couple of months, I'm glad to see Microsoft following the Playstation Plus model, giving more value for the Gold subscription fee, though people will still find something to complain about. ie. "Why isn't it Forza 5 and Ryse?" :roll:
Lego Solo

Post by Lego Solo »

They don't really advertise it very well on the dash though!
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Thanks Karl got them both now, bit gutted it doesn't let me do the same with the 360 gold game (I delete my card details far too often) but I'll turn it on later to do that.

Found a wikipedia entry on the subject as I just wondered if I'd accidentally missed a game (luckily I haven't):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ga ... Gold_games
Lego Solo

Post by Lego Solo »

Take it back. It is now on the featured list.
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

Lego Solo wrote:They don't really advertise it very well on the dash though!
They're creating a new hub for it which should go live next week apparently.
Lego Solo

Post by Lego Solo »

Wouldn't of made sense to have it all ready for launch? Some decisions just baffle me at times!
magicjoef

Post by magicjoef »

Thanks for the heads up, links worked.

It'll be a while before I end up with a One, but the thought of building up library of stuff to play before even buying the console seems hyper modern!
PlexShaw

Post by PlexShaw »

spasticmonkey2 wrote:though people will still find something to complain about. ie. "Why isn't it Forza 5 and Ryse?" :roll:
Yep, the unbelievably tedious "Let's dump on Xbox whilst giving PlayStation a free pass on everything" continues to keep on rolling... :roll:
RoboticMonk3y

Post by RoboticMonk3y »

NokkonWud wrote: Remember, even if you don't own an Xbox One yet, as long as you have Xbox Live Gold you can get the games for free and play them when you do pick one up!
Microsoft have finally got rid of the absurd measure they had in place, whereby you needed to enter your credit card details to get your Games with Gold games via the web site, even though you would be looking at a screen that said there was a charge of £0.00

I'll be glad when they make the "games with gold" a little more prominent