The Cane and Rinse Periodical Issue Three

Here's where you can download each of the available issues of the Cane and Rinse Periodical.
JaySevenZero
Admin

The Cane and Rinse Periodical Issue Three

Post by JaySevenZero » September 28th, 2012, 12:37 pm

It's that time once again folks!

THE CANE & RINSE PERIODICAL ISSUE THREE

Once again, it's time for another jam-packed issue of the quarterly Cane & Rinse Periodical and we hope that those of you who endeavor to check it out find it entertaining enough – especially since it’s free!

Be aware also that if there are any of you good folk out there that feel you have something to say with regards to these fascinating things known as video games, whether it be review, opinion or observation then don’t hesitate to get in touch with us using the various means at your disposal. For one thing, we would love to include content from the wider community within future issues of this here Periodical.

As is always the case, your general thoughts and feedback about the Periodical, podcast and Cane & Rinse in general, will always be greatly appreciated and help guide us to make improvements as we try to develop our site and these formats further.

Unfortunately, as has been the case with the previous issues, a fully-functioning version of the Periodical is still pretty much exclusive for those of you with iPads*. However, there’s also a download link for the .pdf version too for those of you without access to one yet still interested in taking a look. Although the .PDF format only allows for active hyperlinks and none of the other multimedia stuff (audio, video) that is only available in the iBook version.

*iOS5 & iBooks are also necessary to view the content

YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THE iBOOK ISSUE THREE HERE

For those of you who are without an iPad but are just curious anyway;

YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THE .PDF ISSUE THREE HERE

A brief reminder that currently the Periodical is designed to be read in the landscape orientation only on the iPad and not in portrait (this is due to the current version of iBooks Author and will hopefully be something addressed for future issues).

NokkonWud

Re: The Cane & Rinse Periodical Issue Three

Post by NokkonWud » September 28th, 2012, 2:13 pm

Great work Jay. I love these even if I am purely a PDF reader these days (Galaxy Tab instead of an iPad now)

I look forward to browsing it later :)

Sean

Post by Sean » September 28th, 2012, 2:21 pm

Great looking stuff, once again, Jay.

I honestly almost want to buy a tablet just for these.

JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero » September 28th, 2012, 3:06 pm

Thanks chaps! :)

For the first time I actually had more stuff than I could fit in a single issue this time, so that (hopefully) bodes well for the next one!

mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 » September 29th, 2012, 4:39 pm

ibook version here, high presentation marks again. Most of the articles look like they were made for the periodical (would be amazed if the Persona article wasn't created with CARP in mind). The selection of images is perfect and the overload on links in this issue compliments the diverse avenues Cane & Rinse has to offer. The MGS4 podcast probably pushed this issue close to 700 megs and it's a bit of a pain on the iPad that I can't close my smart cover and continue to listen without the native support in the ebooks app for this but it's a solid issue and a beauty to behold on the retina display (slightly higher resolution on the Voyage d'Hermès wouldn't have gone amiss though).

Sorry it sounds like I'm half and half, I'm firmly in the highly positive camp, I just throw out the odd negative to ground my opinions a little :)

ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion » September 29th, 2012, 7:46 pm

That's great feedback, thanks. I'll let Jay respond to the technical points you make.

JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero » September 29th, 2012, 10:31 pm

Thanks for the feedback Mike, it's always appreciated.

The size is something that I have an issue with myself as Ideally I would prefer it to be under the 600Mb mark. If it was just text and images it's easy to keep it under a few hundred megs but having two videos and two podcasts always bumps the size up considerably. Whilst putting these together I've tried and have the most recent podcast combined with an earlier one to give folks a taster of what we do, however, I was thinking of perhaps creating an abridged versions of the poddy with a link to the full version on iTunes if people wanted to listen fully as a way of perhaps including more content without enlarging the file size.

I'm always keen for folks to tell me what they feel works and what doesn't as it'll help me think of ways to improve future issues.

Apologies on the Moebius pic, there's always one that slips through unnoticed - although since I had to crop that one down, here's a clickable thumbnail for the full image.