The official Cane and Rinse store is now open!

This is where you can leave feedback and ideas for our official merchandise store.
JaySevenZero
Admin

The official Cane and Rinse store is now open!

Post by JaySevenZero » May 23rd, 2013, 12:36 pm

Hey there you lovely Caners and Rinsers, our official Cane and Rinse Store is now active!

Just click THIS LINK that can be found below and also on the homepage of the blog and once there you'll be able to see our T-shirts along with a few other bits and pieces. If you decide to purchase any of these goods, do so in the knowledge that all proceeds will only go towards maintaining and improving Cane and Rinse so that one day we can achieve our goal of global domination and then spread peace, love and video games across the world and beyond!

Extra special thanks goes out to both Mikeleddy83 and MagicJoef for their help in the various file formatting shenanigans that we encountered along the way.

There is a plan to add more designs and what not in the coming months and so on, which we will unveil in this thread. This thread is also where we would ask you leave us feedback and any ideas you may have for where we can take this stuff.

One last piece of info for now, whilst the shop states that delivery takes 1-2 days we've found this not necessarily to be the case as our test delivery took 8 days to arrive, so if you order please bare this in mind.

Ashguyver

Re: The official Cane and Rinse store is now open!

Post by Ashguyver » May 23rd, 2013, 3:28 pm

Go on then, mines ordered and shall wear to Eurogamer, can have a little metagame of "spot the Rinser" lol

They look good, only feedback I'd give is maybe something a bit bigger on the reverse of the T but that would presumably push cost way up? If the demand is there, maybe a graphic of the team or something for the future if there are any budding artists in the Forums?..

Other than that I've already submitted my design for the first C&R mug but due to the sensitive IP involved it's out with the Big Boss for approval :lol:

Hope this takes off so the team can see the appreciation for all the hard work, a nice way to support the site.

Cheers

mat

JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero » May 23rd, 2013, 3:47 pm

Ashguyver wrote:They look good, only feedback I'd give is maybe something a bit bigger on the reverse of the T but that would presumably push cost way up? If the demand is there, maybe a graphic of the team or something for the future if there are any budding artists in the Forums?..
There are other designs in the works but I felt it was prudent to make sure everything works first before adding other designs into the mix. With regards to adding a print to the back, it does bump up the cost somewhat depending on the number of colours used but may be something we'll have on some on future additions.

dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd » May 23rd, 2013, 3:53 pm

Love the retro bag. Fits very well with the theme of C&R! Good job, Jay!

ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion » May 23rd, 2013, 4:55 pm

Ashguyver wrote:Go on then, mines ordered and shall wear to Eurogamer, can have a little metagame of "spot the Rinser" lol
If the demand is there, maybe a graphic of the team or something for the future if there are any budding artists in the Forums?
Thanks for ordering, and thanks in advance for pimping us at EuroGamer!

As regards to pictures/caricatures of us - it's flattering that you should suggest it, but not something that would fit in with the C&R way of doing things really. There are already enough sites/blogs/podcasts who seem to have a disproportionate sense of their own celebrity!

Ashguyver

Post by Ashguyver » May 23rd, 2013, 6:05 pm

Just one other thing and probably my massive blindness / stupidity but I didn't realise there was more than one page to the store at first glance and only the mention of the bags made me take a second look.

If you can you might want to change colour / size of the page numbers to get that to stand out a bit more?

Cheers,

JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero » May 23rd, 2013, 6:13 pm

And perhaps you should've gone to Specsavers! ;)

*edit

I opened the option to freely choose the colour of the items within the item info itself which now means that there is now only one page of products. The initial reason for making each colour an individual item was because I felt that some of the colours didn't necessarily go with the design colour scheme but once it was live I figured that folks should be free to choose what they want, so that's what we've done.

strickenmcq

Post by strickenmcq » May 23rd, 2013, 6:46 pm

One t-shirt ordered, any chance of kids sizes in the future I've got a son of six who can always do with new clothes!

JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero » May 23rd, 2013, 6:53 pm

strickenmcq wrote:One t-shirt ordered, any chance of kids sizes in the future I've got a son of six who can always do with new clothes!
Absolutely, I'll go through the products available and try to get something put up over the next week or two (or maybe tomorrow).

magicjoef

Post by magicjoef » May 23rd, 2013, 11:52 pm

Glad to see the logo format worked out in the end, the store looks great, excellent stuff.

mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 » May 29th, 2013, 9:50 pm

T-shirt arrived today, here are a few pics without the catalyst that makes it look beyond amazing:

ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion » May 29th, 2013, 10:33 pm

Cool! You happy with it? Be honest now.
:)

JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero » May 29th, 2013, 10:33 pm

Excellent stuff! :D

I'm glad to see that your T-shirt arrived much quicker than Tony's did and more in keeping with what is stated on the site which is good.

mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 » May 30th, 2013, 12:17 am

ratsoalbion wrote:Cool! You happy with it? Be honest now.
:)
Sure am! Felt a little tight on the neck but I always wear v-neck t-shirts so it makes sense. It's all good quality materials so its been worth the wait.

Thanks again!

ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion » May 30th, 2013, 12:23 am

Great stuff!
I need to order myself one...

Alex79uk

Post by Alex79uk » June 17th, 2013, 9:37 pm

Out of interest, did you look around at the various sites that offer this service before deciding on this one? I'm thinking of setting one up for my band - I don't actually expect to sell any shirts, but it would be nice to put a link to merch on the website all the same! I know of a few different sites, I think Cafe Press is another one? I just wondered if there was anything about this site in particular that made you go for it? Any advice much appreciated. Cheers!

ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion » June 17th, 2013, 10:49 pm

Jay's the man to answer that but in short: Yes, I know he spent ages shopping around to make sure we got good service and decent quality gear.

JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero » June 18th, 2013, 8:35 am

Alex79uk wrote:Out of interest, did you look around at the various sites that offer this service before deciding on this one? I'm thinking of setting one up for my band - I don't actually expect to sell any shirts, but it would be nice to put a link to merch on the website all the same! I know of a few different sites, I think Cafe Press is another one? I just wondered if there was anything about this site in particular that made you go for it? Any advice much appreciated. Cheers!
I spent a fair amount of time looking for a T-shirt supplier and chose Spreadshirt because they gave us the capability of a relatively risk-free and adaptable store as well as having a friendly, approachable attitude when I sent them a bunch of emails asking about their processes. Cafe Press offers a more traditional model in that you have to bulk order a T-shirt design which means that the risk of being left with unused stock is there. I also thought that Cafe Press is rather expensive unless you order in bulk. With Spreadshirt you simply create a store (if you choose to, this is not a requirement), upload your designs and they do the rest. They make the T-shirts on a individual basis and also deal with the postage and packing.

Whilst the traditional method suppliers such as Cafe Press potentially offer a greater profit margin than Spreadshirt does (only if you order in bulk and sell every shirt), Spreadshirt offers a less risky model so that's why we went with them. Add to the fact that the print quality appears so far to be excellent (and as a former printer myself, this is the thing I was most concerned with) as well as the T-shirt fabric quality too, I'd say that Spreadshirt is certainly worth investigating as they offer a pretty decent service overall.

Alex79uk

Post by Alex79uk » July 3rd, 2013, 8:58 pm

Sorry Jay, I never noticed you'd replied to this. Thanks for the advice. Yeah, Spreadshirt seemed the best one I found in the end too, so that's what I went for.

Retrothumbs

Post by Retrothumbs » April 22nd, 2015, 12:31 pm

Hi guys!! Not sure if you've had this idea but, how about some nice black wrist bands, with the C&R writing (or logo) one side, and MAY BE Kanji on the other side?! I'd definitely buy some.. and you can hold me to that!!! :)