Comix Zone - Cane and Rinse 195

Archive for issues 151 - 200
JaySevenZero
Admin

Comix Zone - Cane and Rinse 195

Post by JaySevenZero » September 27th, 2015, 12:17 pm

“…I’m just a drawing! But I’ll be free soon enough…”

Leon, Tony and Karl abuse save-states to see SEGA Technical Institute’s late era Mega Drive/Genesis game Comix Zone through to its ‘choice’ of endings. The panel – including the always welcome guest, SEGA expert and poet Dan Clark – as well as our brilliant community experience and discuss the title’s impressive visuals, divisive audio and (euphemistically) ‘challenging’ gameplay, before attempting to decide whether or not they recommend you spend your time and money on this 20-year-old 16-bit title in 2015.

Music used in this issue:

Track 1: Episode 1, Page 1-2 by Howard Drossin

Track 2: Into the Zone by Howard Drossin

Cane and Rinse 195 was edited by Jay Taylor.

You can subscribe using iTUNES or use our RSS FEED, or you can just simply DOWNLOAD IT HERE instead.

Alex79uk

Re: Comix Zone - Cane and Rinse 195

Post by Alex79uk » September 27th, 2015, 4:42 pm

Excellent!

Alex79uk

Re: Comix Zone - Cane and Rinse 195

Post by Alex79uk » September 28th, 2015, 12:27 pm

Just finished listening to this, an excellent episode as always.

I've got two things to mention about my playthrough. Firstly, I didn't realise you could save states! I wrongly assumed the saves were just to save config settings / custom controls etc. Yes, that would have made things considerably less frustrating!!

:oops:

The other thing is Tony mentioned that dying kicked you back to the title screen of the game. In the version I played (the PSP Megadrive collection) dying actually only kicked you back to the start of the chapter (not page, mind. If you were on page 2 of chapter 2 continuing your game would kick you back to the very start of chapter 2, but not the title screen). I'm assuming I was playing a straight up emulation of the Megadrive original though, so I had a little investigate on this.

This website here (http://segabits.com/blog/2014/07/20/rou ... -too-hard/) states :
Another issue I had was not having a life system programmed in Comix Zone and continues only popping up at random
Bizarre! I guess I just got lucky!?

Anyway, great show as usual, thanks guys.