Threes! - Cane and Rinse 196

Archive for issues 151 - 200
JaySevenZero
Admin

Threes! - Cane and Rinse 196

Post by JaySevenZero » October 4th, 2015, 10:36 am

“Sup?”

Ryan, Josh, Jay, and James swipe right to express their fondness for the deceptively simple iPhone mega-hit Threes. The panel discusses the developmental history of the card-swiping mobile title, recount the tragic story of its post-release copycats and clones, and talk about THAT SONG. As is always the case, we hear from the fabulous Cane and Rinse community and feature their creative Threes Word Reviews.

Music used in this issue:

Track 1: Threes Is the Bees Knees by Big Giant Circles

Track 2: Threes Is the Bees Knees (Alt Unused Version) by Big Giant Circles

Cane and Rinse 196 was edited by Ryan Hamann.

You can subscribe using iTUNES or use our RSS FEED, or you can just simply DOWNLOAD IT HERE instead.

Roy42

Re: Threes! - Cane and Rinse 196

Post by Roy42 » October 12th, 2015, 4:20 am

The tragedy of Threes is that 2048 does feel more satisfying to "play" because it's a Skinner Box. With very little input from the player you can see numbers go higher and eventually be given a win message.

I'd argue that Threes does also have a win state aside from beating your high score, though. It's just that unlocking all of the different character tiles is much harder to do than hit 2048.

Also the game has always had the character introductions; I got them when I had the game on launch, so maybe they took them out for awhile for some reason and then put them back in.

Flabyo

Re: Threes! - Cane and Rinse 196

Post by Flabyo » December 20th, 2015, 10:29 am