The videogame music thread

Here's where you can discuss and share music from videogames
Todinho

Re: The videogame music thread - share your favourite tunes

Post by Todinho »

This plays only at the credits of the game but It's stuck in my head and it just refuses to get out!!!
Feirsteax

Post by Feirsteax »

Todinho

Post by Todinho »

Of all the Zelda games I only played Link to the Past and this theme was the one I liked the most glad to see this redone in a link between Worlds :D

mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Too many to list so have the whole playlist as well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s08GllU3 ... D92F389DF3
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

I love that Kakariko theme. Damn, I love most music in Zelda. Koji Kondo really is a genius. He somehow manages to keep on creating fantastic music year after year at an astounding rate.

But that reminds me of something that occurred to me not long ago. I was playing WW HD, and it suddenly struck me that the Windfall Island theme is the same as the Kakariko theme! For the entire decade that game has been out, and the many times I've been through it, I can't remember that ever dawning on me before.

Listen when the flute part comes in. It's the exact same melody!

And while we're on the subject of Zelda music, I've also relatively recently found how amazing this track is, from a very underappreciated game too, in my opinion.

I might even call it one of the best overworld themes in any Zelda game. It's so damn good! It sounds even better with the sound of a train chuffing along to the beat.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Todinho wrote:Of all the Zelda games I only played Link to the Past and this theme was the one I liked the most glad to see this redone in a link between Worlds :D

The entire OST in ALBW is superb. It's really high quality in terms of production but also the bit rate is crystal clear. Each and every track really fits the vibe of each dungeon and the overworld is a reworked classic. Headphones in for this one, folks!
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

It's the clearest version of the music as can be heard outside of the most competitive pass the board step offs this side of 2010 (think of it as SFII outside the arcade) but this one's been stuck in my head for days now on my mission to spend £179.99 and £15 in one shot (I am a bloody mentalist :lol:)!

DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

I've got that stuck in my head know I hate you! ;)
Woodfella

Post by Woodfella »

Family were cleaning out the loft the other day and came across the old amstrad. My brother promptly sent me a picture of him playing burnin' rubber with this attached. It's one of the first games I remember playing. Mmmm, lovely, lovely nostalgia https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIqp4p63R64
PressEscToExit

Post by PressEscToExit »

Forgot about this one, the arrange theme from Adon's stage in Street Fighter Alpha. Stick with it until the choir synth kicks in. Yum.

Todinho

Post by Todinho »

Street Fighter is good but it got nothing against the epic(rightly used for once) music of Soul Calibur :D

Also Im on a Bayonetta kick and since I cant actually play the game because I never owned it in the first place,I only borrowed it from a friend who's too clever to sell the game cheap to me XD,so I've been watching a LP of it and damn the girl playing it is really good getting pure Platinum in every fight and beating Father Rodan in 40 seconds!!!Man in a perfect world Platinum would port an HD version of Bayonetta to PC,but anyway that game also has fantastic music here's some great ones:

Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

Don't make the same mistake I did. Don't hold off on buying Bayonetta. It's still easily worth a decent price. I got my copy cheap, but I would have gladly payed around, say, £30 if I knew how great it was beforehand. I actually kind of regret not buying it earlier.
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Wish I'd posted that Adon track! Absolute beaster!

Need to remedy that with a secret weapon (a premium sunday hour spent well):
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

Man I gotta play Policenauts!I've been thinking of buying bayonetta on PSN for awhile but the problems the PS3 version has keeps me from taking the jump and since I dont have a 360 im left in this akward state where I really want a Bayonetta pc port XD
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

Since it's been mentioned in the iOS/Android thread I figured it was a worthy addition to this thread too!

Threes theme by Big Giant Circles

hazeredmist

Post by hazeredmist »

Any decent youtube playlists for videogame music? Got this on the go at the moment but I'm sure it can be bettered...

hazeredmist

Post by hazeredmist »

Just got on this which is a lot better

TomFum

Post by TomFum »

Love the music from Mirrors Edge. Its lovely to listen to if you like electronic music and have a good sound system as the sub bass on these tracks is beautiful. Such a well produced soundtrack across the board

Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

I quite like the Asura OST channel on YouTube, although he hasn't been uploading much lately.
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

The music in Jet Force Gemini always seemed so OTT given the cutesy style of the art...

Best character select theme EVER

SS Anubis - sounds more like something from a Halo game...

Speaking of Halo, here's one from the one game in the series you almost certainly didn't play: