The videogame music thread

Here's where you can discuss and share music from videogames
Todinho

Re: The videogame music thread - share your favourite tunes

Post by Todinho »

I dont know how many of you keep up with OC remix but they just launched their kickstarted FFVI album Balance and Ruin,it's over 3 hours of music and it's amazing so if you havent dowloaded it already go do it! :D

Todinho

Post by Todinho »

It might be just a little of nationalistic pride but this is really awesome and I dont even play civilization,so dont mess around with Brasil!

ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Pretty much anything from Apidya is astounding:

The whole soundtrack is here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SI7sk4Y ... 0220338DE6
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

I have plenty I could post here, I do love my game music.

I usually always go with this one first these days though whenever I see a thread like this...

It's everything I love about excessively over the top Japanese game music in a single track. Give it time, it sounds like it's just going to loop but it changes gear around the 3 minute mark. And we're actually getting this game as well, although I think they said they were changing the name.

(That guys YouTube channel is worth a subscribe too, he doesn't post often but it's usually all good stuff)

And for a second one, I really love Mitsuda's score for Chrono Cross (even though the game itself loses it's way in the second act). This is on the PS1 and is sequenced rather than CD audio... makes the poor job they did with the synth on FF7 really stand out...
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Todinho

Post by Todinho »

Best piece of music in the game so far to acompanny one hell of a boss fight!

Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

Been playing lots of Muramasa recently. It's got a brilliant soundtrack.

Todinho

Post by Todinho »

Getting ready to dive into Suda's mind again to play Killer 7 and later on Killer is Dead(I know its getting paned but c'mon you go to the moon at one point aparently) but love him or hate him the soundtrack in his games are amazing:

Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

To me it seems the general opinion of KiD is that it's got good gameplay, but it doesn't really do anything new for a Suda game. Then of course there's the Gigolo thing. That seems to have coloured the larger impression of the game for some people. So from what I've seen opinions seem to range from "it's good fun, but lacks a little personality" to "BAN THIS SICK FILTH!" I wouldn't call that "panned" though. I should be getting my hands on it myself soon, finally. Bloody Royal Mail.
hazeredmist

Post by hazeredmist »

One of a myriad of brilliant tunes on the Ace Attorney games. This one's from Justice for All.

Todinho

Post by Todinho »

To me it seems the general opinion of KiD is that it's got good gameplay, but it doesn't really do anything new for a Suda game. Then of course there's the Gigolo thing. That seems to have coloured the larger impression of the game for some people. So from what I've seen opinions seem to range from "it's good fun, but lacks a little personality" to "BAN THIS SICK FILTH!" I wouldn't call that "panned" though. I should be getting my hands on it myself soon, finally. Bloody Royal Mail.
Yeah I guess im just seeing the people who want this game vaporized from face of the Earth,I mean i can see why people would hate the game because of this particular thing but im willing to give it a shot,maybe the gigolo thing is intentional and very clever but nobody is getting it...right? Im just lying to myself aint I...well here's some God hand ost!

mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

This time I'm going to be nice to the thread and limit myself to just 2 tunes (the second one coming from early in the game, roughly 3 hours in) but volume 2 of the GTA V soundtrack is well worth some time and love! (in fact the whole package is great but I'll refrain from posting the licensed stuff... that's what the social club's for right ;))
Feirsteax

Post by Feirsteax »

The NightSky OST is a beautiful bit of relaxing, ambient jazz
I played this game ages ago, but I've found myself replaying it a good few times since then, just to bask in the beautiful atmosphere provided by the art and the sound design/music.

I love this shit! To work to, or just relax and zone out to. It's amazing

You can listen to samples and buy it here:
http://schlarb.bandcamp.com/album/nightsky-soundtrack
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

In honour of Super Castlevania IV (aka Akumajo Dracula) coming to Wii U Virtual Console this week (in full speed/full screen US NTSC format no less), here's a link to the full OST: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL79DA330B8AE4C836

Woodfella

Post by Woodfella »

and pretty much all of that ost
Woodfella

Post by Woodfella »

and this is humorous
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

So much great music in this game :

been listening non stop to the Silent hill's ost's,hard to beat this stuff they are such a important part of the games too.

ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Obscenely talented multi-instrumentalist 'Collarblind' performs Yasunori Mitsuda's Millennial Fair theme from Chrono Trigger :) 8-)

Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

I can't help but go back to the Lords of Shadow 2 E3 trailer over and over. It's an amazing trailer, and the song that they use. Argh! Love it!

mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »