The videogame music thread (also Sound of Play submissions)

Leave us feedback and offer us your own submissions.
Gingertastic01

Re: The videogame music thread (also Sound of Play submissions)

Post by Gingertastic01 » November 25th, 2019, 3:27 pm

Hello

Another fairly recent request.

I have just finished playing through the Outer Worlds (a really good video game btw) and thought I would request the title screen music as it is particularly great. I would often save and exit the game so I could come back and listen to this track. It really sets the stage for you going on your grand sci-fi adventure.

Enjoy

Mr Ixolite

Post by Mr Ixolite » November 26th, 2019, 2:29 pm

GRANASABER from Grandia 2. Composer: Noriyuki Iwadare
In terms of a main musical theme Grandia 2 has a lot to live up to, and while it may not be as iconic as its predecessor, it manages to evoke a similarly grandiose and adventurous feel. It also has passages invoking romance and looming darkness, which fits with the slight tonal shift of the sequel. Most importantly, hearing the theme conjures up the games "attract mode"-cutscene in my mind, and makes me want to go play it over again!

The Masked King from kirby superstar Ultra. Composers: Jun Ishikawa & Hirokazu Ando, remixed by Jonny Atma
I like King Dedede a lot. Though sparsely defined in the main games he has a loveable design, and gets a ton of charm in ancillary appearances like Smash Bros. Thus, though the main series wheels him out over and over, its always fun to see him. If you’re lucky he might put on a mask, and suddenly a cute scuffle against an obese penguin becomes a brutal fight for survival, and the already iconic Dedede theme gets supercharged. Here I’ve submitted Johnny Atmas version of the Masked Dedede Theme, which kicks up the intensity even further for a glorious tribute to the avian monarch.

Flabyo

Post by Flabyo » November 28th, 2019, 9:40 pm

Been a while since we had anything from the Amiga on here, so here’s the intro and title theme from Lotus 3. I think I prefer this to the title theme from the previous game, although that one is far better known.

Feel that orchestral hit sound sample, it is the sound of the 90s.

Suits

Post by Suits » November 29th, 2019, 7:17 am

If you told me that was a soundtrack from a deleted level from Alien 3 on the Mega Drive, I’d believe you.