Sound of Play: 21

JaySevenZero
Admin

Sound of Play: 21

Post by JaySevenZero »

Here's the latest podcast all about our favourite videogame music – Sound of Play.

For many of us, it’s hard to think of almost any videogame without our minds conjuring up the music that accompanied it. Over the decades they’ve evolved from simplistic monaural beeps and bloops to full orchestral scores recorded in 7.1 surround, but from their earliest days right up to today, soundtracks have played an integral part of our memories of the games we played, and the times in our lives when we were playing them. What we aim to bring you with Sound of Play is a diverse sample of our favourites pieces from the many air-punching, spine-tingling, tear-jerking and grin-inducing videogame soundtracks we’ve heard over the years.

This show’s presenters were: Leon Cox, Joshua Garrity and Nick Parton

Community contributors were: Limity 1603 and Ideology Lite.

Track listing for this show is as follows:

Track 1: Under Logic by Yuzo Koshiro – Streets Of Rage II / Bare Knuckle II, 1992
Track 2: Woods Remix by Whitaker Trebella – Super Stickman Golf 2, 2013
Track 3: …Steel for Humans by Percival and Marcin Przybylowicz – The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, 2015
Track 4: My Dear Friend, Rally by Kenneth Ibrahim and Tetsuya Mizuguchi – SEGA Rally Championship 1995, 1994
Track 5: Balloonacy by Steve Rowlands – Creatures II: Torture Trouble, 1992
Track 6: Demon Invasion by Nobuo Uematsu – Lost Odyssey, 2007
Track 7: CP Violation by Kelly Bailey – Half-Life 2, 2004
Track 8: Rose’s Theme by Yuko Takehara – Street Fighter Zero (Alpha), 1995
Track 9: Main Theme by Rob Hubbard – Monty On The Run, 1985

Sound of Play: 21 was edited by Jay Taylor.

You can subscribe using iTUNES or you can just simply DOWNLOAD IT HERE instead.
Bloody Initiate

Re: Sound of Play: 21

Post by Bloody Initiate »

A couple insights on this show were straight to the heart for me:

I found what Nick said about chiptunes acting as the great leveler for genres parallel to my own experience. Also I'm as mystified by musicians and composers as Josh is, they're all wizards to me.