Sound of Play: 25

JaySevenZero
Admin

Sound of Play: 25

Post by JaySevenZero »

Welcome, once again to the podcast all about our favourite videogame music – Sound of Play.

For many of us, it’s hard to think of almost any videogame without our minds conjuring up the music that accompanied it. Over the decades they’ve evolved from simplistic monaural beeps and bloops to full orchestral scores recorded in 7.1 surround, but from their earliest days right up to today, soundtracks have played an integral part of our memories of the games we played, and the times in our lives when we were playing them. What we aim to bring you with Sound of Play is a diverse sample of our favourites pieces from the many air-punching, spine-tingling, tear-jerking and grin-inducing videogame soundtracks we’ve heard over the years.

This show’s presenters were: Ryan Hamann, Joshua Garrity and special guest insaneintherainmusic.

Track listing for this show is as follows:

Track 1: Wild World Title (cover) by insaneintherainmusic (originally composed by Kazumi Totaka) - Animal Crossing: Wild World, 2015
Track 2: Schala's Theme by Yasunori Mitsuda - Chrono Trigger, 1995
Track 3: Endings and Beginnings by Yoshino Aoki - Breath of Fire IV, 2000
Track 4: Unknowable Geometry by Jim Guthrie - Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP, 2011
Track 5: Your Name Please by Hirokazu Tanaka - Earthbound, 1994
Track 6: Mr. Handagote by Tomáš Dvo?ák - Machinarium, 2009
Track 7: Virtuous Mission by Harry Gregson-Williams - Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, 2004
Track 8: K.K. Cruisin' by Kazumi Totaka - Animal Crossing, 2001
Track 9: Mt. Coronet (cover) by insaneintherainmusic (originally composed by Go Ichinose) - Pokémon Diamond / Pearl / Platinum, 2015

Sound of Play: 25 was edited by Ryan Hamann.

You can subscribe using iTUNES or you can just simply DOWNLOAD IT HERE instead.
papapishu

Re: Sound of Play: 25

Post by papapishu »

Loved the episode, that K.K. Cruisin' track was amazing :)

I'm having some problems with your podcast lately though, I've been using Pocket Casts on Android as well as their web-player for quite a while and while it lists new episodes with descriptions without a problem, for some reason it is no longer able to download the actual episode. They used to work up until maby somewhere around the release of episode 18-20 but now the download just fails. As a side-note, the regular Cane & Rinse podcast is still downloadable in-app.

I've tried clearing cache and reinstalling the app but it doesn't help, has something changed in the RSS feed that might cause a problem?
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

papapishu wrote:Loved the episode, that K.K. Cruisin' track was amazing :)

I'm having some problems with your podcast lately though, I've been using Pocket Casts on Android as well as their web-player for quite a while and while it lists new episodes with descriptions without a problem, for some reason it is no longer able to download the actual episode. They used to work up until maby somewhere around the release of episode 18-20 but now the download just fails. As a side-note, the regular Cane & Rinse podcast is still downloadable in-app.

I've tried clearing cache and reinstalling the app but it doesn't help, has something changed in the RSS feed that might cause a problem?
Nothing has changed with the way in which the RSS feed is set up with Sound of Play since it was started, I had a look online as to what might be the issue but to no avail, other than I noticed other folks having the same problem with pocket casts but with different podcasts and using Nexus phones in particular.
papapishu

Post by papapishu »

Thanks for the input, interesting to hear that it might be isolated to Nexus phones (I have a Nexus 5 myself). I tested via play.pocketcasts.com and there it works fine so it seems like they parse the RSS just fine.

I'll see if ShiftJelly/PocketCasts can assist me in the matter, I need my SoP fix even when I'm on the go :)
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Try podcast addicts, work perfectly fine here