Sound of Play: 53

JaySevenZero
Admin

Sound of Play: 53

Post by JaySevenZero »

Here's the latest episode of our weekly podcast dedicated to videogame music – Sound of Play

For many of us, it’s hard to think of almost any videogame without our minds conjuring up the music that accompanied it. What we aim to bring you with Sound of Play is a diverse sample of our favourite pieces from the many air-punching, spine-tingling, tear-jerking and grin-inducing videogame soundtracks we’ve heard over the years. Of course it’s not just about what we like, so if you venture over to our forum at caneandrinse.com you can put forward your favourites and we’ll start to include a selection in the playlist for each show.

This show’s presenter was: Leon Cox

with community contributions from Follow My Ruin, Addman, Todinho, Flabyo, Mononoke, Less Than TV, Dingle Dongle, Sonic Green Hill and Good Shot Janson

Track listing for this show is as follows:

Track 1: Dreamer by Yuzo Koshiro/Motohiro Kawashima - Bare Knuckle II: The Requiem of the Deadly Battle (Streets of Rage 2), 1992
Track 2: Theme of Laura by Akira Yamaoka - Silent Hill 2, 2001
Track 3: The Great Warrior by Nobuo Uematsu - Final Fantasy VII, 1997
Track 4: Deadline by Chris Chudley - Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2, 2008
Track 5: Unforgotten by Martin O'Donnell/Michael Salvatori - Halo 2, 2004
Track 6: Quiet Curves by Asuka Sakai/Hiroshi Ohkubo - R4: Ridge Racer Type 4, 1998
Track 7: Pirate Lagoon by David Wise - Diddy Kong Racing, 1997
Track 8: FIGHT!! Ver. 2 by Noriyuki Iwadare - Grandia II, 2000
Track 9: Ruthless (Reprise) by Amon Tobin - Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, 2005

Sound of Play: 53 was edited by Jay Taylor

You can subscribe using iTUNES or you can just simply DOWNLOAD IT HERE instead.
Tleprie

Re: Sound of Play: 53

Post by Tleprie »

Loved this Sound of Play. I thought Leon's solo hosting was a bit more relaxed than the usual more conversational episodes, and was just what I needed to get through work tonight.
Enjoyed all of the tracks, but the Halo and Final Fantasy tracks especially resonated with me.

Thanks Leon and Jay for another great episode, and keep up the good work!
JaySevenZero
Admin

Re: Sound of Play: 53

Post by JaySevenZero »

Tleprie wrote:Thanks Leon and Jay for another great episode, and keep up the good work!
Thanks Tlep! :)