Sound of Play: 69

JaySevenZero
Admin

Sound of Play: 69

Post by JaySevenZero »

Here's the latest episode of our weekly podcast dedicated to videogame music – Sound of Play

For many of us, it’s hard to think of almost any videogame without our minds conjuring up the music that accompanied it. What we aim to bring you with Sound of Play is a diverse sample of our favourite pieces from the many air-punching, spine-tingling, tear-jerking and grin-inducing videogame soundtracks we’ve heard over the years. Of course it’s not just about what we like, so if you venture over to our forum at caneandrinse.com you can put forward your favourites and we’ll start to include a selection in the playlist for each show.

This show’s presenters were Ryan Hamann and Sean Bell,

along with community contributions from Mummra1983, AndrewBrown, and mikeleddy83.

Track listing for this show is as follows:

Track 1: Katamari on the Swing by Yuu Miyake & Yoshihito Yano with vocals by Shigeru Matsuzaki - We Love Katamari, 2005
Track 2: Raptor's Veld / Spirit of Bladehenge by Peter McConnell - Brütal Legend, 2009
Track 3: Title Theme by Tim Follin - Solstice, 1990
Track 4: Metal Squad by Toshiharu Yamanishi, Takeshi Yoshida, & Tomomi Ootani - Thunder Force IV, 1992
Track 5: Impact of Silence by Trash80 - Darwinia, 2005
Track 6: Ruddy Road by Takeru Kanazaki, Shigemitsu Goto, & Fumihiro Isobe - Paper Mario: Color Splash, 2016
Track 7: The Road to Hope by Daisuke Ishiwatari & Yoshihiro Kusano - BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger, 2008
Track 8: Winter Shines by Grant Kirkhope - Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise, 2008
Track 9: Noby Noby Hammered Dulcimer by ICHI-ZERO base - Noby Noby Boy, 2009

Sound of Play: 69 was edited by Ryan Hamann

You can subscribe using iTUNES or you can just simply DOWNLOAD IT HERE instead
CODEMONKEY

Re: Sound of Play: 69

Post by CODEMONKEY »

Awesome show folks, all great tracks, I especially liked Solstice by Tim Follin :)

I request more 8 and 16 bit tunes pretty please.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Thanks CM.

Each and every specific track that we get asked to play is added to the list. If we play fewer 8 and 16-bit pieces is because that is reflective of what is being asked for.

Head over to the music thread and say exactly what individual tracks you'd like to hear and why and we shall (eventually) oblige!
:)
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

I have piles of 8 and 16 stuff I could recommend, but I often feel like I recommend too *many* tracks already :)