Sound of Play: 71

JaySevenZero
Admin

Sound of Play: 71

Post by JaySevenZero »

Here's the latest episode of our weekly podcast dedicated to videogame music – Sound of Play

For many of us, it’s hard to think of almost any videogame without our minds conjuring up the music that accompanied it. What we aim to bring you with Sound of Play is a diverse sample of our favourite pieces from the many air-punching, spine-tingling, tear-jerking and grin-inducing videogame soundtracks we’ve heard over the years. Of course it’s not just about what we like, so if you venture over to our forum at caneandrinse.com you can put forward your favourites and we’ll start to include a selection in the playlist for each show.

This show’s presenters was Leon Cox

along with community contributions from fieldy, Good Shot Janson, MauricioMM, Grey, Jobobonobo, Andrew Brown, Mononoke, Sam_What and BlueWeaselBreath

Track listing for this show is as follows:

Track 1: Go Straight by Yuzo Koshiro - Streets of Rage 2, 1992
Track 2: Noveria by Jack Wall/Sam Hulick/Richard Jacques/David Kates - Mass Effect, 2007
Track 3: Valor My Shield by Jason Hayes/Mike Patti/Neal Acree/Glenn Stafford - StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void, 2015
Track 4: The Choice by Gustavo Santaolalla - The Last of Us, 2013
Track 5: Kusanagi Village by Hiroshi Yamaguchi - Okami, 2006
Track 6: A Premonition/Chrono’s Theme by Yasunori Mitsuda/Nobuo Uematsu/Noriko Matsueda - Chrono Trigger, 1995
Track 7: One Final Effort by Martin O'Donnell - Halo 3, 2007
Track 8: The Fury by Harry Gregson-Williams/Norihiko Hibino - Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, 2004
Track 9: Ending by Koji Kondo - Super Mario World: Super Mario Bros. 4, 1990

Sound of Play: 71 was edited by Jay Taylor

You can subscribe using iTUNES or you can just simply DOWNLOAD IT HERE instead.
nickturner13

Re: Sound of Play: 71

Post by nickturner13 »

I have to agree with Good Shot Janson, I personally think the first Mass Effect is far the superior game, despite the strange controls of the Mako.

the biggest thing that turned me off the 2nd was the "LEVEL COMPLETE! Here's how you did..." and a bunch of scores after it.

This kind of thing kept popping up during gameplay, what the hell were they thinking? Totally breaks any immersion in the world, and has prevented me from finishing ME2... and thus I've never even touched ME3.

Loved the first one and have completed it several times, but haven't got much past half way with ME2.