Sound of Play: 83

JaySevenZero
Admin

Sound of Play: 83

Post by JaySevenZero »

Here's the latest episode of our weekly podcast dedicated to videogame music – Sound of Play

For many of us, it’s hard to think of almost any videogame without our minds conjuring up the music that accompanied it. What we aim to bring you with Sound of Play is a diverse sample of our favourite pieces from the many air-punching, spine-tingling, tear-jerking and grin-inducing videogame soundtracks we’ve heard over the years. Of course it’s not just about what we like, so if you venture over to our forum at caneandrinse.com you can put forward your favourites and we’ll start to include a selection in the playlist for each show.

This show’s presenter was Leon Cox with guest Liam Edwards of the Games Media Award winning Final Games Podcast

along with community contributions from KSubzero1000, Gallo_pinto, Yacobg42, Jobobonobo and Seanssthomas

Track listing for this show is as follows:

Track 1: Megalovania by Toby Fox - Undertale, 2015
Track 2: A Scattered Moment by Hidenori Shoji - Yakuza 2, 2006
Track 3: Ending Theme by Koji Kondo - Super Mario World, 1990
Track 4: Okatsu Theme by Yugo Kanno - Nioh, 2017
Track 5: Lost In Thoughts All Alone by Takeru Kanazaki/Hiroki Morishita/Rei Kondoh/Masato Kouda/Yasuhisa Baba - Fire Emblem Fates, 2015
Track 6: She Swallowed Burning Coals by El Tigr3 - Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number, 2015
Track 7: Tomorrow Is Mine by Masami Ueda - Bayonetta 2, 2014
Track 8: Official Game Trailer by Unknown - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, 2017
Track 9: Intro Title (The Promise) by Masashi Hamauzu - Final Fantasy XIII, 2010

Sound of Play: 83 was edited by Jay Taylor

You can subscribe using iTUNES or you can just simply DOWNLOAD IT HERE instead.
Flabyo

Re: Sound of Play: 83

Post by Flabyo »

Working through my backlog...

There are many things wrong with ff13, but the soundtrack is absolutely not one of them. 'Blinded by Light' might be my favourite final fantasy battle theme, even ahead of 'decisive battle' from ff6..,