Sound of Play: 187

JaySevenZero
Admin

Sound of Play: 187

Post by JaySevenZero »

In this Sound of Play Leon Cox is joined by one of the Cane and Rinse community members, Richard Hoyle (Domsbeard)

What we aim to bring you with Sound of Play is a diverse sample of some of our favourite pieces from the many air-punching, spine-tingling, tear-jerking and grin-inducing videogame soundtracks we’ve heard over the years.

Music used in this podcast:

1. Two Dragons by Hidenori Shoji/SEGA Sound Team – Yakuza 0, 2015

2. Second Chapter ~ In the Sky by Nobuyoshi Sano/Takayuki Aihara – Drakengard (Drag-On Dragoon), 2003

3. Ryu’s Theme / Ryu’s Theme (Critical) by Yoko Shimomura – Street Fighter II: The World Warrior, 1991

4. Beach by Tim Follin/Geoff Follin – Plok, 1993

5. Interrupted by Fireworks by Nobuo Uematsu – Final Fantasy VII, 1997

6. Strategy Mode by Hannu Salonen – Atomica, 2001

7. Forgotten Vale by Jeremy Soule – The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – Dawnguard, 2012

8. Trace Awakens by Thomas Happ – Axiom Verge, 2015

9. This Is the End by John Paesano – Detroit: Become Human, 2018

Sound of Play 187 was edited by Jay Taylor

You can subscribe using Apple Podcasts or you can just simply download from here instead.
DomsBeard

Re: Sound of Play: 187

Post by DomsBeard »

After I recorded this I went back played Symphony of the night and beat said boss after Leon's pep talk. I have picked up Nier Automata too.
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Hey! Great episode, and it was nice to hear Rich stick to his guns with his last pick. :lol:
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

KSubzero1000 wrote: February 28th, 2019, 11:00 am Hey! Great episode, and it was nice to hear Rich stick to his guns with his last pick. :lol:
Funnily enough I am still catching up with Sound Of Play and yours (169) is the one I was up to now. Loved the Wesker tune
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Preach it, brother! 8-)
Suits

Post by Suits »

A cool episode, with some bangers - the Axion Verge soundtrack is rad. So is the game actually. A great arcade adventure if it helps.

Rich, nice to hear your voice man but a Spurs fan, I thought you supported Arsenal the amount you talk about them on Twitter ;) .
Rxanadu

Post by Rxanadu »

It's been a while since the podcast aired, but thanks again for using one of my suggestions (i.e. the Drakengard one). Still makes my heart sing knowing I had enough taste in music to get someone's attention on this podcast.

Thanks for this show, everyone, and I hope this show keeps going strong. This show's one of my major resources for getting new songs to listen to through the day,

Keep up the great work!