Sound of Play: 241

JaySevenZero
Admin

Sound of Play: 241

Post by JaySevenZero »

Joining Leon Cox, in Sound of Play 241 is Cane and Rinse contributor, Charlotte Cutts

What we aim to bring you with Sound of Play is a diverse sample of some of our favourite pieces from the many air-punching, spine-tingling, tear-jerking and grin-inducing videogame soundtracks we’ve heard over the years.

Music featured in this podcast:

1. Calling Home by Alessandro Coronas – Mutazione, 2019

2. Fires of War by Garry Schyman/Nathan Grigg, vocal by Kelli Schaefer – Middle-earth: Shadow of War, 2017

3. Boy Oh Boy by Austin Jorgensen – Lisa: The Painful RPG, 2014

4. Main Title by Kazuma Jinnouchi (original by Martin O’Donnell) – Halo 4, 2012

5. Main Theme by Andrew Hale and Simon Hale – L.A. Noire, 2011

6. Stars by Matt Meyer – Ephemerid: A Musical Adventure, 2015

7. Halogen Mosaic by Obfusc – Neo Cab, 2019

8. Kara Main Theme by Philip Sheppard – Detroit: Become Human, 2018

9. Cabaret Operation by Hidenori Shoji – Yakuza Kiwami 2, 2017

Sound of Play 241 was edited by Jay Taylor

You can subscribe using Apple Podcasts or you can just simply download from here instead.
NoMoreSpearows

Re: Sound of Play: 241

Post by NoMoreSpearows »

Cheers for giving Stars a listen! I know Ephemerid is far from a household name, but the soundtrack means a whole lot to me, and I'm happy that it might have a bit of a larger audience through this medium.

To touch on Charlotte's point, it is indeed a fairly short game; a playthrough will last you one-and-a-half to two hours. It's not something that'll get you fired up from a gameplay perspective (you can just sit and watch if you'd prefer for several levels), but if you have a few dollars/pounds/currency of your choosing to spare, you could do a whole lot worse.