Sound of Play: 246

JaySevenZero
Admin

Sound of Play: 246

Post by JaySevenZero »

This week, Sound of Play brings you a musical collage — a constellation of audio memories from the year 2000. Rediscover favourites from 2000 or encounter tunes for the first time. This mix contains excerpts from 121 of the year’s games.

We challenge you to test your knowledge of videogame music by trying to identify all of the games included within, and you can collaborate with members of our community by sharing your knowledge in our forum.

Sound of Play 246 was edited by Ryan Hamann

You can subscribe using Apple Podcasts or you can just simply download from here instead.
BlueWeaselBreath

Re: Sound of Play: 246

Post by BlueWeaselBreath »

Aah, I didn’t play many games in the year 2000 and never went back to most of them from that time, so I recognize a bunch but can’t place anything!
SciFire

Post by SciFire »

If someone was able to identify the chip tune starting at 20:20 of the podcast and finishing at 21:15 I would be very much obliged.. That's some of the best chip based game music I've heard in a long time! :o
Jobobonobo

Post by Jobobonobo »

This is an interesting year with the end of one console generation and the beginning of another (though the dreamcast was 2 years old by then). A lot of stuff I have no clue on but this is the small sample of games that I could identify in this episode:
Spoiler: show
Marvel vs Capcom 2
Jet Set Radio
Kirby 64
Perfect Dark
Banjo Tooie
Paper Mario
Sin and Punishment
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (bloody hell the N64 had a pretty blinding year!)