Sound of Play 254

JaySevenZero
Admin

Sound of Play 254

Post by JaySevenZero »

Ryan hosts a selection of community picks, requested by Gingertastic01, Flabyo, Richard, Colin Alonso, and Stalkedbycats.

Every Wednesday in Sound of Play, we bring you some of our, and your, favourite pieces from the many videogame soundtracks we’ve enjoyed over the decades.

Music featured in this podcast:

1. Cliffside Quest by Matt Griffin – Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair, 2019

2. Main Theme by Yasunori Nishiki – Octopath Traveler, 2018

3. Rush Hour by Pascal Michael Stiefel – A Hat in Time, 2017

4. Title ~ Main Theme by Yoko Ishino – Teddy Boy Blues, 1985

5. Love Is Like a Machete by Gnü Truntion – Slayaway Camp, 2016

6. Mirage by Kanako Kakino, Eriko Imura, Asuka Sakai, Yuji Masubuchi, Katsuro Tajima, Go Shiina, Hiromi Shibano, & Kohta Takahashi – Klonoa 2: Lunatea’s Veil, 2001

7. Yakushi Village by Rei Kondoh – Okamiden, 2010

8. Kill Norman Osberger by Makeup and Vanity Set – Birgador Killers, 2020

9. Mitt Happyplace När Världen Står I Brand / Luis and the Ghost by Bortre Rymden – Ghost Giant, 2019

Sound of Play 254 was edited by Ryan Hamann

You can subscribe using Apple Podcasts or you can just simply download from here instead.
Mr Ixolite

Re: Sound of Play 254

Post by Mr Ixolite »

MIRAGE! Thats one of, if not the video game track I've listened the most to, of all time. I searched far an wide on the internet of yore for it, and somehow it was one of 11 tracks that found its way to my custom made nerdy CD. To this day it still give me chills, and once I hear those flutes kick in near the end my arms start flailing in (attempted) sync to the music like a mad conductor. It can be a real problem when I'm biking.

Klonoa 2 might pale in comparison to its predecessor for me, but its music is still on point and this track right here is as good as it gets
ColinAlonso

Post by ColinAlonso »

Yeah, I love the Klonoa 2 soundtrack. Years ago I recommended 3 tracks for Sound of Play and now they've all been played. :)

Mirage was the easiest pick.
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

I'm a big advocate for Okamiden and I'd say it holds up fairly well. It's as good as anyone could expect for an Okami game on DS. It carries over the feel of the original pretty faithfully considering the hardware. It almost feels like de-make of the first game. But despite liking it a lot, I've never actually heard the soundtrack outside of the game itself before. I had no idea such a clean, high quality version of that music existed. Sounds great, and a nice surprise.

The Hat in Time soundtrack is full of countless bangers too. Great game with amazing music.