The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - Cane and Rinse 208

Archive for issues 201 - 250
JaySevenZero
Admin

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - Cane and Rinse 208

Post by JaySevenZero »

“May the way of the hero lead to the Triforce.”

Released on the one year anniversary of the Super Famicom in Japan, The Legend of Zelda: Triforce of the Gods arrived in the USA and Europe as The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past in 1992. Returning the to the oblique, top-down perspective of the original The Legend of Zelda, the third game in the franchise – actually a prequel (hence the name) – set many of what would become the series’ trademarks in stone. Leon, Josh, Ryan and Triforce-tattooed guest Leah Haydu (@Improbable42)– along with the Cane and Rinse community – revisit one of the Super Nintendo’s best-selling and seemingly most beloved games.

Music used in this issue:

Track 1: Hyrule Field Main Theme by Koji Kondo

Track 2: Beginning of the Journey by Koji Kondo

Track 3: The Dark World by Koji Kondo

Cane and Rinse 208 was edited by Sean O'Brien.

You can subscribe using iTUNES or use our RSS FEED, or you can just simply DOWNLOAD IT HERE instead.

seansthomas

Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - Cane and Rinse 208

Post by seansthomas »

Lovely listen guys, what a great game and series. Also, thanks for including my comments too. Can't wait to hear your views on the next few Zelda titles (which I've never played)

caponeadam

Post by caponeadam »

Missed the first two podcasts as LTTP was my first Zelda game, sort of curious about them now to hear just how 'unplayable' the first was (in that you needed to cheat) and to try and understand why exactly Zelda 2 had such a bad rep.

I think I'm in the same boat as Leon, I had a SNES but didn't get Zelda straight away. As he kind of says, it just didn't really get much attention over here early on. A friend had it and as soon as I tried it I went out to rent it, then ended up buying it. Never finished it, got stuck in the dark world.

Anyway, podcast inspired me to play it again via the WiiU. I only played about half a hour and felt fatigue, only reached the sanitary. I think part of it is that playing it in a 4:3 ratio on a widescreen just pulls me out of it. I'm not really someone who goes back to play through entirety of old games, I go back to remember and enjoy the vibe of it. I don't know how you all do it! I'm tempted to play through Windwaker again, I feel even OOT will be difficult to play but perhaps WW is where it will still hold up. Can play that in HD too on the wiiU or maybe wait a bit longer for Twilight Princess though I have better memories of WW.

So naturally, looking forward to those podcasts too. Thanks.

seansthomas

Post by seansthomas »

Wind Waker HD on Wii U is great fun. I played it last year with no experience of it prior and adored (almost) every minute.