The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - Cane and Rinse 244

Archive for issues 201 - 250
JaySevenZero
Admin

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - Cane and Rinse 244

Post by JaySevenZero »

“He’s not exactly what I had in mind, but… I guess he’ll do.”

Swansong for Nintendo’s GameCube and curtain raiser for its Wii, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess arrived at the end of 2006 to critical rapture. Leon, Josh, newly ‘permanent’ Cane and Rinse member Leah and the departing (for Nintendo) Ryan consider whether a game can be simultaneously “underrated”, “overrated”, “the best Zelda game ever” and “the worst Zelda ever”, like some folks on the internet tells us this one is. Along with contributions from our ever-excellent community, we also talk about Tantalus’ 2016 HD version for Wii U.

Music used in this issue:

Track 1: Midna's Lament by Asuka Ohta/Toru Minegishi
Track 2: Staff Credits by Asuka Ohta/Toru Minegishi/Koji Kondo

Cane and Rinse 244 was edited by Sean O'Brien.

You can subscribe using iTUNES or use our RSS FEED, or you can just simply DOWNLOAD IT HERE instead.

AndrewBrown

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - Cane and Rinse 244

Post by AndrewBrown »

Big congrats to Ryan--so exciting!

Sam_What

Post by Sam_What »

Congratulations Ryan! Delightful news and best of luck to you.
I hope you enjoy your experience and we'll be looking forward to your next contribution.

I just finished listening to the podcast; great discussion and very enjoyable to hear everyone's thoughts - it's added some closure to that game for me. Thank you very much for reading my response to the game as well, it made my day! I look forward to hearing your future shows on the next Zelda games, especially the DS adventures since I haven't got any of the DS series consoles.

ColinAlonso

Post by ColinAlonso »

Good luck on the new job Ryan and glad to hear you can continue on Sound of Play.

Finished listening to the podcast earlier today and it brought back memories of how much I loved the dungeons in this game, they're my favourite in a 3D Zelda (that's just Ocarina and Wind Waker though).

eastmcduck

Post by eastmcduck »

Another great podcast, lady and gentlemen. Been looking forward to it. Thanks for including me in it! I was very pleasantly surprised to hear my name and post read.

Ryan, it's been a pleasure. Best of luck in your future endeavors.

Tleprie

Post by Tleprie »

Its been too long and I played too little of Twilight Princess to feel comfortable contributing, but listening to the show did make me want to share a bit.

I wasn't a huge fan of the visual style, but also didn't hate it. Link's design, as Ryan said, felt bland in Smash Bros. Brawl when compared to the other characters. Perhaps this is one of the core reasons that that iteration is the objectively worst in the series :D

While I didn't play much of the main game, I did play quite a bit of the crossbow training, which my cousin bought. Again, its been a while, so I don't remember much of it, but I do remember running through a lot of the levels several times trying to improve our high scores and eventually perfect them. I also associate it with another wonderful Wii shooter, Battalion Wars 2.

Outside of those two bits, all the talk of spinners and pinball has me wanting to find my Kirby's Pinball Land cartridge, so thanks for that.

Finally, I would like to nominate Collin Miller's wonderful dessert analogy for the Community Contribution of the Year Award. Also I suppose I should nominate that Cane and Rinse hold an end-of-year award show so we can give Collin his prize.

InsrtCoins

Post by InsrtCoins »

Thanks, everyone! :D