Dyad

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
JaySevenZero
Admin

Dyad

Post by JaySevenZero »

Here's where you can contribute your memories and opinions of Dyad for potential inclusion in the forthcoming podcast.

Friendly reminder to all that where feedback for the podcast is concerned, we love it - but self-editing (brevity) is appreciated. We do want to include a breadth of opinions where appropriate, but no-one wants a discussion podcast that’s mainly reading. Better to save yourself time and cut to the chase if you can.
Simonsloth

Re: Our next podcast recording (21.7.19) - 379: Dyad

Post by Simonsloth »

(humble apologies I haven’t actually finished the game! An impromptu trip to Disneyland Florida scuppered my near perfect scheduling)

Fast. Too fast.

This is how I would sum up Dyad in 3 words. There are plenty of games which are quite demanding on hand-eye co-ordination but I feel with time I could master them. In Dyad whenever I managed to link any sort of combo together the game became a blur which my brain was not able to process. In fact I actually tried play with my eyes closed and my scores were comparable. This is by no means the games fault, it is simply that the length of time it takes for my eyes and brain to process the visual assault is just too lengthy to develop any kind of rhythm or high score. Unlike say Rez I cannot appreciate how to be better and score higher. In Dyad I feel like I have a handicap.

There’s a great fantastic game there which I feel may require a better, faster and more intelligent person than I can be. If this were some sort of eugenics experiment my genes would erased from the pool.

P.S I did beat some of Leon’s high scores (with my eyes closed) so I am sort of hoping I’m not the only one who struggled.

3 word review: Fast. too fast.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Re: Our next podcast recording (21.7.19) - 379: Dyad

Post by ratsoalbion »

Almost all of my scores were set on my one play through of each level, so they're definitely not high scores as such (sorry to disappoint)!