Volume Nine - a couple of video teasers

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
JaySevenZero
Admin

Volume Nine - a couple of video teasers

Post by JaySevenZero »

Here's the first one, edited by Jacob

and another, edited by Jay

Stanshall

Re: Volume Nine - a video teaser

Post by Stanshall »

Quality promo, looks excellent, I'm well up for this. I also think the Patreon plan is spot on, so fingers and everything crossed for the team.

Can I also say that the shorter Twitter vid is immense, to whoever edited that one. Music and visuals are ace. Any chance of the track name, please? It's like SebastiAn covering John Carpenter.
JaySevenZero
Admin

Re: Volume Nine - a couple of video teasers

Post by JaySevenZero »

Thanks Stanshall!

The music used in Jacob's video was In The Face Of Evil by Magic Sword from Hotline Miami

and the second used the track Looming Dread by Shusaku Uchiyama from Resident Evil 2
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

Cheers, Jay. I could have sworn that first one was you, the opening gave me some Enter the Void vibes! Excellent work all round.
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

Heh! Enter the Void, still the best intro credits to any film ever in my opinion!

Closely followed by the red band trailer for Netflix's Love, Death & Robots in the "things I like to watch regularly" category
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

I'll have to give that L,D&R a proper go one of these days. Just never got round to it!
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

Decided to try to finish RDR2 for the first issue. I'm still midway through Ch. 3 so I've got a lot of game ahead of me. I'd also like to finish GoW. I'm about halfway through that. I've also done about the first couple of hours of RE2, and AC Origins.

Might have to pull a month of sickies.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Stanshall wrote: January 1st, 2020, 9:20 pm Decided to try to finish RDR2 for the first issue. I'm still midway through Ch. 3 so I've got a lot of game ahead of me
Mate, honestly, don't try to rush it. There's so much to be said for taking that game slow. Rushing the missions you'll miss out on so much incidental and side stuff.
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

Alex79uk wrote: January 1st, 2020, 10:18 pm Mate, honestly, don't try to rush it. There's so much to be said for taking that game slow. Rushing the missions you'll miss out on so much incidental and side stuff.
To be honest, I've already put in about forty hours across Pro and One X versions since day one and almost all of that has been exploring and hunting and fishing and wandering around. I did so much side stuff that the game completely lost momentum for me before it had really started. I think I'm someone who needs a bit of impetus and structure with most open world games or I lose interest. I was the same with Witcher 3, Horizon Zero Dawn, Spiderman (if that counts) and recently with Death Stranding. I never actually finished the original RDR for years for the same reason. I've barely touched Far Cry 4 or 5 despite playing about ten hours of each just fannying around.

Eventually, with both W3 and HZD (about a month ago after buying it day one, I'm sure), and with AC Odyssey which I loved, I just got stuck into the main quests and they really started to shine. I totally accept that I'll miss out on some of the 'aimless' reflective moments but honestly, I've had a lot of that and then some and it's not really been enough to bring me along. I do really enjoy the set pieces and the dialogue and plot/char development, though. It's actually been interesting to me recently to see how much I prefer a more linear approach to open worlds. Worse, I've also already spoiled some locations which would have been incredible cinematic reveals.

Anyway, I totally appreciate the advice and I understand where you're coming from. I think my attention span just isn't what it once was!
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

No that's fair enough, sounds like you've already done plenty of moseying!

Yeah I know what you mean about spoiling locations etc, I actively avoided anywhere that hadn't yet been introduced by the story. Riding in to Saint Denis was incredible, and I think I'd had lost that had I randomly wandered over there from the start.
Chopper

Post by Chopper »

Besides, it will probably take a week to get back up to speed on the controls ;)
Magical_Isopod

Post by Magical_Isopod »

JaySevenZero wrote: January 1st, 2020, 11:12 am
Hey Jay, just letting you know that #424 is missing on the forum list. Not sure if that's a redacted entry or just a miscount. Or if it's that Shovel Knight one. But I wanted to raise a flag just in case.
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

Magical_Isopod wrote: January 12th, 2020, 11:02 pm Hey Jay, just letting you know that #424 is missing on the forum list. Not sure if that's a redacted entry or just a miscount. Or if it's that Shovel Knight one. But I wanted to raise a flag just in case.
No, it's in there, it was just right at the bottom because it's the same thread that we were gonna use in last year's volume. It didn't have a number though but that's now been corrected.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Hey all - do we know when the Red Dead episode is going out? Just wasn't sure what date it was starting back up again. Please don't mistake this for impatience, I'm just really excited to listen to it and didn't want to keep refreshing my feed if its not this week! :)
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Today!

(It literally says so on the video above 😜)
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Perfect timing, two minutes before my drive home, woohoo!!
idontpuzzles

Post by idontpuzzles »

When are we getting a tidy list of the next volume? Sorry if I've missed it somewhere obvious, but I haven't seen it on the patreon page either.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

It’s in the same place it’s always been:
https://caneandrinse.com/full-podcast-listing/
idontpuzzles

Post by idontpuzzles »

I knew it had to be somewhere completely obvious. Thanks!