Beat Saber

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
JaySevenZero
Admin

Beat Saber

Post by JaySevenZero »

Here's where you can contribute your thoughts and opinions of Beat Saber for potential inclusion in the forthcoming podcast.

A friendly reminder to all that where feedback for the podcast is concerned, we love it - but self-editing (brevity) is appreciated. We do want to include a breadth of opinions where appropriate, but no-one wants a discussion podcast that’s mainly reading. Better to save yourself time and cut to the chase if you can.
Simonsloth

Re: 418: Beat Saber

Post by Simonsloth »

My wife rarely plays videogames. A match of FIFA using two button mode on my birthday and possibly a handful of other times if I catch her in the right moment. Once I convinced her to give Beat Saber a try she was hooked. The game is simple to pick up but difficult to master and that’s why it’s been such a hit in our household. Smash the blue block with the blue sword and red block with the red sword then they gradually drip feed you subtle changes which add to the game’s complexity. Soon she was dodging walls, flinging herself to the floor, swinging the move batons like she was a Jedi. It is amazing except for the fact she won’t let me have a turn.

I suppose my point is that if I look through the list of games I’ve played in the last couple of years many of them have control schemes and systems which alienate anyone new to videogames. Beat Saber managed for me what nothing else has, it got my wife interested in the pastime I love for the very first time.