The Last of Us Part II

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
JaySevenZero
Admin

The Last of Us Part II

Post by JaySevenZero »

Here's where you can contribute your thoughts and opinions for The Last of Us Part II for potential inclusion in the forthcoming podcast.

A friendly reminder that where the feedback for the podcast is concerned, we love it - but keeping it brief is appreciated. We do want to include a breadth of opinions where appropriate, but no-one wants a discussion podcast that’s mostly reading out essays. Better to save yourself time and cut to the chase if you can.
markfm007

Re: 476 - The Last of Us Part II

Post by markfm007 »

I pre-ordered this game, unusual for me, as I'm a big fan of the original. Thankfully I was able to avoid the story leaks, although the negativity and nastiness around the game were hard to ignore.

The level and art design really stood out for me. Areas like Patrol with Dina, the open design of Seattle Day 1, the WLF headquarters and Seraphite village were beautiful and packed with detail. Lev's terrifying shortcut and the flame licked ride through Haven were gripping set piece moments. Other highlights included the wonderfully lit and terrifying tunnels, the ominous and atmospheric forest of Seraphites, and the anxiety inducing descent with Abby and Lev.

The gameplay retains what I enjoyed in the first while improving player controls, enemy movement, and level design. The variety of tools and enemy types create a fun, fluid experience, allowing for experimentation with stealth, traps, and action. However, combining this with an uncomfortable level of violence AND the decision to humanise enemies lead to some (takes drink) ludonarrative dissonance. Rather than weighing the consequences of my actions, I was laughing at the absurdly dark nature of my John Wick style actions. While the original has less exciting gameplay, it is more tonally consistent. The narrative and gameplay can create an overwhelmingly grim experience.

I'll try to summarise my feelings on the story as best I can. I loved how the consequences of the first game are explored. Each of the main characters is well acted and written, with a lot of emotional depth that is sometimes overlooked. I appreciated the look at how each community functions and shapes its members outlook. The push-pull between love and responsibility, survival and selfishness. There are pacing issues, and an overabundance of less interesting side characters, side stories, and dropped plot elements, leading to more significant relationships not being as developed as they could be. These elements led to some frustration on my first playthrough. Time spent with Joel, Dina, Lev and Owen is where the game shines, where Naughty Dog shows their strength in building relationships through gameplay, exploration and cutscenes.

Taken as a whole, I think it's an excellent game and one that I personally have come to appreciate more over time, although not with the same unreserved love as the first one. Sorry if that was too long!
Miririn

Post by Miririn »

This will almot definitely be too long, so apologies in advance and please ignore. And thank you for letting me ramble.

I absolutely adore this game. I have played it all the way through four times, and individual encounters multiple times. And I will almost definitely play it again soon.

It's hard to concisely summarise everything I like about it. I have read so many thoughtful and insightful critiques, by both fans and detractors of the game, and the first few times I played it, I tried to temper my enthusiasm, because I thought... "well, people who know more about games than me, and have played many more games than me, have said it's flawed, so it must be, and I'm just too easily pleased to understand its flaws". But each time I played it I liked the game even more, and during my last playthrough I suddenly realised, "I love this game and I wouldn't change a single thing about it". It was like Naughty Dog looked into my brain and poured everything I like about gameplay, game design and game narrative, into a single game.

I love how it feels to play - solid and impactful, but still fluid. Gameplay is intuitive and satisfying. I understand Naughty Dog games are criticised for their formulaic gameplay, and admittedly the gameplay is not exactly groundbreaking. But for me, how a game *feels* to play is more important than how innovative the gameplay is, and this game feels great. The sound design is perfect (those satisfying kerpflunks when you melee someone, the clothes rustling, clickers clicking, zipping your rucksack, reloading your weapons, breathing etc etc). It's also visually impeccable. The facial animations are the best I've seen. You can see every thought that registers on a character's face. And the world these characters inhabit is beautifully rendered and with lots of variety: the terrifying and claustrophobic hospital, subway and hotel levels; the beautiful Wyoming vistas; the lush and rainy ruined Seattle. It's all wonderful.

A lot of technically polished AAA games can seem soulless despite how great they feel to play, but TLOU2 succeeds not just from a technical standpoint, but also in its story. The strong narrative and character decisions make this game an emotional powerhouse. Critics can argue over who is the "bad guy", Ellie or Abby, but what I love is that this game presents us with deeply flawed, contradictory characters, who are neither entirely good nor entirely bad, but are human and complex. People often criticise this game for being miserable for the sake of it, but I actually found comfort and joy in the game's empathetic belief in the humanity of all of its characters. That no matter how far-gone a character may seem, they are still human and able to develop and change. Even the more superficially scary and evil factions are humanised to a degree. The beliefs of the Seraphites, for example, are shown in a sympathetic light when Lev still embraces his religious beliefs even as he rejects the discrimination and abuse his people inflict on him. Even when you storm the compound of the Rattlers, the most overtly abhorrent group in the game, you can find a letter home revealing one Rattler joined the group to feed her starving mother.

I'm not going to go too much more into a discussion of the plot, because I will bore everyone rigid for a good three hours if you get me started, and also I am sure other contributors will have more interesting things to say. But I did want to talk about this game as (and I know this sounds pretentious and self-important, so please bear with me) a "female gamer". I don't tend to need characters in my games to represent me. Although I generally prefer playing as female characters, many game characters I love are male, and I never have any trouble slipping into the shoes of brilliant male protagonists such as Joel Miller or Arthur Morgan. That said, that a game as fantastic as this has at its core two fantastically written, designed, and performed female characters, makes me so, so happy. Ellie and Abby have complex and distinctive personalities. They wear normal, non-sexualised clothes, and have interesting, mobile, and expressive faces (no airbrushed "Final Fantasy VII Remake"-style pretty Barbie faces here!). These characters are not vacuous fan-service babes, but nor are they shallow, faux-empowering, stock "strong female characters". If you're a girl who, like me, is into nerdy things like comics, manga, games or action films, to a certain extent you have to just turn a blind eye to, or laugh at, sexism or shallow female fan service in stories... because otherwise you would go crazy. That this game has such wonderful female characters means a lot. I would happily play as Ellie and Abby forever.

So... yeah. I'm a fan. Not even a few weeks ago, this game would have been about four on my top five list. But after my most recent replay, when I found myself I thinking "oh, I want to play that again" the minute the credits rolled, I think I realised it may be my favourite game I've ever played (...or maybe joint favourite with the first TLOU!). I just love it, love it, love it.
Shy Monkeys

Post by Shy Monkeys »

I went into the game not expecting too much, I was expecting the same as what I got out of the first game, a good experience, but not something I ultimately love. I was aware of the leaks, kind of hard not to be at the time, but I'm pretty used to things leaking and people having dramatic reactions only for it to not be as big of a deal as it was made out to be. I was right on both counts, to my taste the sequel was basically just more of the first game with some improvements and maybe more of an interesting story. The trade-off to that more interesting story is an unfortunately more bloated pacing that I was not a fan of. The only section that I felt didn't really suffer from the bloat was the mini open city section, mostly because a good chunk of it was just optional instead of mandatory, but that only occurs once and pretty early into the game.

To talk about the story, while I do enjoy it more than the first, it's not really something I'm going to write home about, the characters are nice, with only Jesse standing out as kind of unnecessary to the proceedings in Seattle, mostly provides one talk with Ellie that illustrates her isolation and a body count for their "side". Probably the best moment in the game for me is when the connection to the original game is revealed for Abby and I went "That's pretty cool." Other than that, I'm not really too sure what to talk about, Joel's death is mostly just the inciting incident that happens a bit too quickly for my liking, would have preferred a bit more reintroduction to him, especially since I played Part 2 without refreshing myself on the first game. I could talk about the dual stories, but I think they're handled fine and don't really need much more aside from a trimming to their pacing. Maybe I could talk about the new characters on Abby's side, Lev and Yara, but Lev is the only one who left much of an impact on me, Yara's gunned down after being out of commission for most of the story, so I didn't feel much about her. Overall, the game is more The Last of Us, if you enjoyed the first game, you'd enjoy this one, though the Internet tries to insist that isn't true, but I wonder how much of that was due to the leaks beforehand and the vitriol surrounding people making up their minds with no context beforehand.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

I enjoyed the first game and didn't enjoy the second one.

I went in with high hopes and it is an amazing game but overall I found the story cheap manipulation from the beginning of taking over as Abby, up to that point I was all into seeing where it ended up. The whole plan was to make you care about Abby by the end of the game and it was so blatant in telling you that early on, this was one of the last acts as Ellie was killing a dog then a pregnant woman then Abby petting dogs. Look Ellie bad Abby good!. I put the controller down when I returned to the theater as Abby as I didn't want to fight her.

I think this would have gone away with the game ending on the farm.

Silly character choices:

Joel and Tommy following Abby blindly.

A heavily pregnant Mel going on missions (her climbing ladders was my favourite)

Abby ditching the Wolves at the drop of a hat, now this one got me as there was not even a hint of this at any point (maybe a diary of sorts like Ellie's book may have helped with her starting to question her place there). Also, zero remorse is shown for killing Joel or the fact it bothered her to try and humanise her a bit. She was also fully prepared to kill Dina until Lev stopped her.

Ellie going after Abby to California. This was the killer, Ellie turned into John Rambo killing an entire faction to get to Abby then lets her go. I think to see how well ND had told their story they should've given the player the option to let Abby live or kill her. Letting her go meant this whole section was pointless for both Ellie and the player (though it was a great new setting). It also wasn't enough for Ellie to lose her family potentially she had to lose her fingers so she couldn't have the one thing that connected her to Joel. Abby had been through a tough time too but got to sail off family and hands intact (the title screen even changes to confirm she got where she needed to).

Any criticism of the game seems to be waved away as being from uninformed people who had made their mind up and were upset at one of their videogame Dads being killed but I'm getting a bit bored of expectations being subverted.

The whole story just seemed to be to make Ellie suffer as much as possible.

I'm going to replay it once I get a PS5 as it is an amazing ''game'' to play however the cutscenes will be skipped.

Three word review

Ellie Deserved Better
ThirdDrawing

Post by ThirdDrawing »

I hated the first game and found the ending so morally reprehensible that I had no intention of playing the second game when it was announced.

When everything leaked, I just read all the spoilers and laughed uproariously, knowing I had made the right decision.
Truk_Kurt

Post by Truk_Kurt »

A lot has been said about The Last of Us Part 2, I didn't think any game could garner as much discussion, but then Cyberpunk came along. I am thankful however that the discussion within this forum has always been considered and respectful, which is the opposite of what it has been like on the wider internet.

I really enjoyed The Last of Us 2, I liked the first game too but mainly for the story and characters rather than the gameplay. Whilst I would say that this was the case for 2 as well, I did think they made the gameplay more interesting and satisfying in both stealth and shooting.

I liked how we got to see two sides of the story and to me every character was well written and thought out, however I did think that the same story could have been told in a shorter time span without sacrificing anything, certain sections seemed to drag without adding much to the story.

I have only played through it once but have often thought back to certain moments from the game even to this day, the variety of the environments seemed to stand out more to me compared to the first game where I can only really remember the gym and hospital, whereas 2 I can vividly remember levels such as the aquarium, the cinema, the football stadium and more.

To me this was Naughty Dog at their technical and story telling peak.
Ventis

Post by Ventis »

If the first game was about a father coping with the loss of his daughter, it makes sense that the sequel should deal with the opposite - the loss of fathers and the after effects for those left behind.

I bought this day one and luckily avoided all spoilers. I was shocked, saddened and touched by the story, and at no point was i angered by the decisions made by the writing team. As far as i'm concerned unless i'm playing an RPG or reading a choose your own adventure i'm happy to experience something that has been crafted in someone's specific vision.

Critics often point to decisions made by characters that either don't make sense or are cheap or political. The ending, especially drew a lot of criticism, with Ellie not killing Abby being seen as robbing the audience of a cathartic finale. I personally liked the ending of the game and in fact found it quite comical that Ellie unwittingly became a freedom fighter, freeing a prison full of Fireflies on her quest for revenge. Not that she cared!

I think what will define this game is whether this is the middle part of a trilogy. The people who hate this game often cite a lack of satisfying resolution and no 'happy ending' for the characters. I would imagine this would be a moot point if this was in fact not the true end of everyone's arcs.

Whatever happens i'm glad I got to experience it. Ghost of Tsushima may have been much more fun and satisfying game to play than The Last of Us 2, but where I could see the story beats of the former coming a mile away it is that latter that has left a true impression on me.
Quiet Paul

Post by Quiet Paul »

I’ve hidden mines just in case. Couple of major plot points in there! ;)
Spoiler: show
The flash back to Ellie’s birthday when Joel takes her to the museum is easily my favourite part of both the games and a breath of fresh air in an otherwise dreich World. I used photo mode countless times during this section!

I hated Abby so much that I flew through a lot of her story and probably missed a lot of stuff. Killing Joel though, and the method of, was unforgivable! Even if it did take a few strokes off Abby’s short game.

What I didn’t expect is that by the end of the game, the only time I actually got teary-eyed was watching Ellie holding a weakened and pathetic looking Abby beneath the water. I genuinely said out loud “For fuck’s sake, just let her go” and sighed with relief when she eventually did.

I enjoyed singing along to Ellie’s cover of Take on Me (quite reminiscent of Morten Harket’s live accoustic version), and it was one of the few times I actually bought that Ellie and Dina were serious about their loving feelings for each other. I did also like that their sex scene was tastefully handled off-screen whereas Abby’s gut-puncher of a sex scene left me uncomfortable but unable to look away. Though I’ve seen many Internet videos like this (haven’t we all) I’ve seldom experienced it in a game! Kudos.

A good game and visually stunning! By the end though I thought it had dragged on a bit. I struggled to relate to most of the characters and due to not even liking Abby for the most part, a lot of the game felt like a bit of a slog. Though the graphics (on PS5), environments and overall story is good! — I Preferred the first game.
cambo

Post by cambo »

The first game WAS my favourite game of all time. I bought into the hype and pre-ordered this one almost a year before it was actually released. I absolutely loved this game until roughly 10 hours in, then the developers made me play as the character i had just spent that time increasing my pure hatred for. I don't find it intelligent, or provoking. I just plain hated having to play as that pathetic character for basically the rest of the game. I could write a novel about my thoughts on this game but you would be better off looking at Angry Joe's or Upper Echelon Gaming's review of the game for a better idea of why so many of us couldn't stand it.
OldBailey

Post by OldBailey »

TLOU2 director Neil Druckman said:
“We’re making a game about the cycle of violence and... about violent actions and the impact they have on the character that’s committing them and on the people around them."
I would argue that ND failed, both in their game, and narrative design.

Mechanically, TLOU2 has nothing to say about violence. We're to suspend our disbelief as the body count racks up well into the hundreds, the only violence that matters occurring during scripted sequences or cutscenes. The scores of people you killed for fun along the way, unimportant. The phrase "ludonarrative dissonance" has become something of a meme, but I've never felt it so keenly as I did here. Superficial elements like the NPC name shouting a tacit admission that the devs know it's a problem, but the need for such massive financial return on investment stifles the possibility of a more mechanically ambitious design.

As games ever closer resemble reality, the narrative ambitions of creators reaching ever higher, is this tired gameplay formula really the best vehicle for delivering a serious, grounded story? Many of the best games of recent years embed their mechanics within their narrative, and/or use them to reinforce their themes. More ambitious narrative games include the player in the forming of the story or make the discovery of it a mechanic in itself.

There's no such consideration here for creating a cohesive experience, the structure doesn't allow for it. TLOU2 has a worst of both worlds problem where the gameplay undermines the narrative and vice versa. Can we really consider this really a masterpiece of game design? Is it even good game design? Honestly, I'm not sure, but I firmly believe it's up for debate.

Mechanical criticisms aside, as a work of fiction that demands to be taken seriously, it has remarkably little to say. Whilst I respect ND's ambition, it's a tale of under-examined character motivations, muddled themes, and plot misfires with all the subtlety of a sledgehammer to the chest.

Its multi-perspective structure is a conceptually clever narrative trick, but one that requires you to have made a specific reading of THAT ending, a sympathetic view of Joel's character, and his abusive manipulation of Ellie. It's the central hook of this entire story and it just did not land for me.

When the mid-game character switch occurred, I was not in the place with these characters that the writers wanted. I was already sympathetic towards Abby (of course people wanted Joel dead) and the further attempts to create empathy with her story fell flat, the comically on the nose attempts to further manipulate my emotions, cringe-worthy.

Abby's story was better the further it strayed from the central plot, but as a character she disappoints, existing primarily as allegorical, ideological, and sometimes literal opposite to both Ellie's revenge spree, and with her time with Lev, the two protagonist's journey from the first game. Characters in any story are plot devices of course, but it lent this game the feel of a pretentious morality play (albeit one that constantly undermines its own conclusions) and I longed for more nuance among its heavy-handed moral posturing.

By the game's end, I'd had all investment in the central conflict beaten out of me. The climactic showdown, ending with Ellie finally letting go, not from a moment of clarity over the atrocities she'd committed, the loved ones she'd used and abandoned, not a sliver of understanding of Abby's suffering, but a memory of a moment when she showed forgiveness to her violent, abusive father figure who didn't deserve it. What is the intended message here exactly?

If its central themes don't resonate, any further attempts to extract intent and meaning are hampered by jarring thematic conflicts on the nature of mercy, compassion, ideology, family, and community in offering a path towards healing and breaking cycles of violence, whilst simultaneously being perpetuators and instigators. That last, impotent guitar strum at the farmhouse a final heavy-handed metaphorical reminder that for me, any further mental exploration of this game's story probably isn't worth the effort.
TheAngryWalnut

Post by TheAngryWalnut »

I was a huge fan of The Last of Us pt1 and rank it among my favourite games. It got me into both zombie fiction and Naughty Dog games - since then I have read all of The Walking Dead graphic novels and played all of the Uncharted games. Perhaps that resulted in a bit of overexposure, as while I certainly enjoyed The Last of Us pt2, I tired of it a little towards the end and wished it had been a tad shorter. Regardless, the gameplay is still strong and the set pieces spectacular - the destroyed hotel (and its camouflaged corpses) and the burning village being particular highlights.

Now for the story. I must also admit my discomfort when I became Abby, and I initially wanted to rush through her section in the hope that I’d soon return to Ellie. However, before long Naughty Dog’s intentions started to become clear, so I returned to playing the game ‘properly’ and made myself more open to absorbing the story and character arcs. It worked: I grew to like Abby and enjoyed some of the story beats surrounding her, Lev and Yara.

While a little on-the-nose in places, I appreciated Naughty Dog trying to expand the boundaries of videogame storytelling. However, while arguably a strong story on paper, the heightened player agency of videogames (especially compared to books or film) perhaps makes the protagonist/antagonist switch less palatable for many players who feel they have invested so much time and emotion into certain characters, and so I appreciate that this story didn’t work for everyone. However, for me personally, I enjoyed the game enough that I look forward to playing it again in future as well as any sequels - regardless of who the protagonist ends up being.
Gadget8Bit

Post by Gadget8Bit »

I adored the original game, playing it through multiple times across two generations.

But with TLOU2... I just couldn’t. I managed to get about 10 hours into the game and I simply couldn’t carry on with it.

It’s not a gameplay or presentation issue. It’s the Naughty Dog formula refined to perfection. The graphics and overall presentation of the game are superb (even if it made my PS4 Pro sound like it was about to take off). Troy Baker, Ashley Johnson and Laura Bailey all out in incredible performances as Joel, Ellie and Abby, and the animation tech behind the cutscenes is unbelievably good.

It was the storytelling that pushed me away. The unrelenting bleakness of the narrative, in 2020 of all years, was just too much to take for me.

The escalating levels of unnecessary violence with little emotional impact or consequence became genuinely upsetting for me. There’s a scene, shortly after arriving in Seattle, where Ellie and Dina are knocked off their horse by an IED. The sound of the injured animal braying and moaning, then the image of a sub-antagonist causally shooting it in the head sealed it for me. That’s genuinely one of the most upsetting things I’ve seen in a game. I’m very aware none of it is real, it’s all digital fakery. But even so, I found it genuinely upsetting.

The game almost has a fetishitic view of violence. The player is confronted by it in atrocious detail. The first time I was knocked down by a dog and I had to watch Ellie kill it close up I had to step away from the game for a moment.

I don’t believe that TLOU2 is a meaningful comment on violence as Mr Druckmann says. It may have started that way, but I don’t think that’s what was delivered. Having spoiled the story for myself, I like the overarching concept of the narrative. I think it’s brave to try and reframe a beloved character like Joel as the monster he probably was. But in execution I think the desire to show violence in this light has let the game down.

The original game was very violent, but it wasn’t giddy with it. It didn’t go to extremes and there was a lot of implicit horror to the world. Amping up what the player sees is a failure of storytelling. They could have told the same story more impactfully with some restraint.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I can't add much that's not already been discussed, but just to say, I really thought this game was incredible. The story, the characters; forcing a player to empathise with the 'enemy' seems to have been a fairly divisive method of story telling, but not one that's been overly explored in games before, and I thought it worked very well. I can appreciate the criticism of the game from people who didn't like it, but for me, everything worked. If I had one tiny criticism myself (and I'm forcing myself to think of one), I'd have liked to have seen a more diverse environment. Aside from a couple of sections, we largely spent our time in very similar looking places, but that's really all I've got to say against the game. I very much enjoyed this from start to finish. There were several sections that had my heart beating hard, the tension high, and my breath held. Naughty Dog are probably my favorite AAA 'cinematic blockbuster' developers, and I can't wait to see what they do next. More Uncharted, please!

THREE WORD REVIEW: Best served cold.
Jon Cheetham

Post by Jon Cheetham »

Since the story and tone dominates discussion sometimes, I wanted to lavish praise upon what I thought was The Last of Us Part II's secret weapon: The fantastic level design. From the descending battle down the infested skyscraper, to the Resident Evil style ground zero hospital, the immaculately detailed overgrown Seattle streets and suburbs, the lurid red lighting of the metro tunnels and the stormy first trip to the aquarium, I really would struggle to come up with a top five levels.

There are big set pieces like the exhilarating journey across a rickety series of platforms suspended between skyscrapers and the horse-mounted charge through the burning villages of the Seraphites, then there is a simply massive number of lovingly detailed rooms, offices, studios, apartments, salons and shops to comb over for resources and stories of what befell the former inhabitants. I particularly loved the marketing company above the now flooded brewery, the truck filled with prayers and the cheongsam tailor. Also, although I didn't like the Western Ghats in Uncharted I found the mini open world section here an absolute joy, exploring until the trophy popped saying I'd been everywhere (although I found yet more secrets the second time through).

For the first game ND read books like The World Without Us to develop the logic of a world partially reclaimed by nature and with the technology now available I feel they realised that concept brilliantly. Journeying through the levels themselves felt honestly like travelling through an environment built to purpose rather than made for me to run from cover to cover through while shooting at people. I thought it was majestic from top to bottom as far as the world and level design is concerned and worth playing for that alone.

PS Abby is the best.

Three word review: Mushroom zombie excellence
Marlew

Post by Marlew »

Great post, Jon.

So much of the discourse around this game is a treatise on whether 'it worked for me' or whether or not 'ND made me feel like they intended'. I find that approach a critical dead end because the criteria against which it's judged are often unclear, and tend to say more about the critic.

"The movie 'Home Alone' didn't work for me as an exploration of man's existential isolation, and the festive colour palette undermined that further. They should have gone with a starker black-and-white presentation and maybe had an older, more weathered Japanese man instead of a grinning blond boy. To go further, it completely failed live up to Kobayashi's nine-hour anti-war meditation, 'The Human Condition' which I'd been expecting."

A failure to engage beyond one's own parameters should be a moment for reflection, not a self-validation. 'I didn't like it because of x, y and z' is perfectly valid, and can be interesting. I don't like Ornette Coleman because I can't hum or sing along and that's how I tend to enjoy music. It's bullshit to say that Ornette Coleman has failed to move me, though, to wholly place the burden on the work itself for a self-gratifying dunk. Engagement is a two-way process.
Marlew

Post by Marlew »

I hated the first game and found the ending so morally reprehensible that I had no intention of playing the second game when it was announced.

When everything leaked, I just read all the spoilers and laughed uproariously, knowing I had made the right decision.
This post exemplifies why I don't really bother with gaming discussion any more.

As a whole, the community is still stuck in the playground.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Marlew wrote: March 12th, 2021, 7:50 am This post exemplifies why I don't really bother with gaming discussion any more.
Hopefully you don't feel that the discussion on the podcast is also stuck in there with it!
:)
Marlew

Post by Marlew »

ratsoalbion wrote: March 12th, 2021, 10:08 am
Marlew wrote: March 12th, 2021, 7:50 am This post exemplifies why I don't really bother with gaming discussion any more.
Hopefully you don't feel that the discussion on the podcast is also stuck in there with it!
:)
No, it's not intended at all as a slight on the podcast. I listen every week and I'm a big fan of Video Wizards, too. It's not even a comment on this forum, which is a cut above.

I just have very little stomach for 'the discourse' and the shithousery which have killed my interest in talking about games online.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Aye, I know the feeling.