Capcom Versus series - Cane and Rinse 294

Archive for issues 251 - 300
ratsoalbion
Admin

Capcom Versus series - Cane and Rinse 294

Post by ratsoalbion » November 13th, 2017, 12:28 pm

“Don’t miss out on the enjoyment of a lifetime!”

Are you ready, true believers? This jam-packed show spans a whole slew of fighting games released between December 1994 and September 2017, untangling the relationships between Marvel, Tatsunoko, SNK, Tekken and Capcom's various properties, as well as the developers behind the various mash-ups and their evolving and diverging aesthetics and mechanics. Mahvel baybee!

Music used in this issue:

1. Select Your Heroes! by Tetsuya Shibata/Mitsuhiko Takano - Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes
2. Opening by Masato Kouda/Yuko Takehara - Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes
3. Theme of Ryu by Yoko Shimomura/Masato Kouda/Yuko Takehara - Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes
4. Opening by Tetsuya Shibata/Mitsuhiko Takano - Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes

Cane and Rinse 294 was edited by Ryan Hamann.

You can subscribe using iTUNES or use our RSS FEED, or you can just simply DOWNLOAD IT HERE instead.

kayjoon

Re: Capcom Versus series - Cane and Rinse 294

Post by kayjoon » September 5th, 2018, 9:01 am

Appreciate I'm giving this quite the bump... just wanted to add that this was a favourite episode from my recent binge of the archives. Inspired me to go back through some of the games on the Saturn. At least until Jugganaut & Zangief on X-Men vs Street Fighter gave me the rage anyway.

Off the back of this I also decided to give Marvel vs Capcom Infinite a chance, it was on sale with the character pass. Capcom obviously dropped the ball with it, but there is still fun to be had for sure.

Michiel K

Post by Michiel K » September 5th, 2018, 9:55 am

^^^^ Happy you enjoyed it! I recently got me a hard copy of Marvel vs. Capcom 2 on Dreamcast as well and now I'm quite addicted to it.

kayjoon

Post by kayjoon » September 5th, 2018, 2:32 pm

Excellent, it's such a shame the digital edition is no longer availalble. Would have been great for that to get Backwards Compatibility on the Xbox One. :(

Michiel K

Post by Michiel K » September 5th, 2018, 11:46 pm

Yup. I recently deleted the game from my 360 to make some space on my HDD (also, one of those tiles with the artwork missing) and I could redownload it, but really prefer the way it looks and feels on the old DC and a CRT television.

That avatar is class, by the way!

kayjoon

Post by kayjoon » September 6th, 2018, 7:58 am

Michiel K wrote:
September 5th, 2018, 11:46 pm
Yup. I recently deleted the game from my 360 to make some space on my HDD (also, one of those tiles with the artwork missing) and I could redownload it, but really prefer the way it looks and feels on the old DC and a CRT television.

That avatar is class, by the way!
I don't have room for a CRT any more, so all my systems have to put up with being on my LED TV. DC at least looks good via VGA. Other systems are passable via RGB Scart at least.

Thanks on the Avatar, although I found it rather than made it myself so can't take any credit!