Warframe

Here's where you can arrange game nights and meetups on the platforms of your choice
KassBot

Warframe

Post by KassBot »

Hi!

Is there anyone here who are interested in playing Warframe together, or maybe even start a clan?
I've been playing Warframe for almost two years now, and i've been trying to get my friends to join me since i started playing with no luck.

For the people who doesn't know what Warframe is, or just haven't seen it in a while (the devs update and change the game like crazy) they can check out this video.
I like to play with both veterans and new players. And for those who wants help with the game, i'm happy to help!

Feel free to add me in game, i play on PC.
In game alias: KazzBot
ratsoalbion
Admin

Re: Warframe

Post by ratsoalbion »

There's been a swell of resurgence in interest in this I notice, with our friends CJ and Paddy - as well as Brad from GameCritics all giving it plenty of love on social media and elsewhere.

https://gamecritics.com/brad-gallaway/w ... -warframe/
kintaris

Post by kintaris »

I know a few of my Xbox friends have been getting into it recently. It is tempting.

Polygon are predicting that Destiny 2 might even take some cues from it:

https://www.polygon.com/2017/10/8/16438 ... e-warframe
KassBot

Post by KassBot »

Since the announcement of Plains of Eidolon (the open world update, that is comming this week), alot of people have showed interest in the game, which is really great to see! Warframe has been growing slowly since it's release, but this last year has been really good for the game!

Here is a short trailer for the new update: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l31P9EkWAvM
ReprobateGamer

Post by ReprobateGamer »

I play on Xbox One if anyone is ever looking for another player - hunt for reprobategamer

Haven't properly sunk the time into this (just about to reach Phobos for those who are veterans) but it is a very well crafted game and there is a lot of depth to this (or you can just run around hitting things!).

Plains of Eidolon hits the consoles soon ...
KassBot

Post by KassBot »

ReprobateGamer wrote: October 21st, 2017, 4:07 pm but it is a very well crafted game and there is a lot of depth to this (or you can just run around hitting things!).

Plains of Eidolon hits the consoles soon ...
There's alot of hidden mechanics and systems in the game for sure. I like the sense of discovery and mystery, but it's not for everyone. I remember feeling like as soon i started to understand one system in the game, another one opened up immediately after it. But that makes the game kinda difficult to get into for new players, sadly.
ReprobateGamer

Post by ReprobateGamer »

KassBot wrote: October 24th, 2017, 1:38 pm There's alot of hidden mechanics and systems in the game for sure. I like the sense of discovery and mystery, but it's not for everyone. I remember feeling like as soon i started to understand one system in the game, another one opened up immediately after it. But that makes the game kinda difficult to get into for new players, sadly.
This certainly is true. i can do the running around hitting things, but the min-mixing mods, stance options and loadouts are all things that I'm aware of without knowing too much of the details.

Like with so many other things, this game rewards time spent learning it's systems but I just don't have enough time to spend on it (too many other games I want to play, plus you know work, and family, and sleep, that sort of thing) but it's generally easy enough to jump in at the lower levels just for a quick, enjoyable blast - you don't have to know all the ins and out to play a mission here and there.
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

I've been playing this recently. I'd heard a lot of positives from people for whom I trust their opinions and thought I'd give it a go. Definitely enjoying it so far.
KassBot

Post by KassBot »

NokkonWud wrote: October 24th, 2017, 3:59 pm I've been playing this recently. I'd heard a lot of positives from people for whom I trust their opinions and thought I'd give it a go. Definitely enjoying it so far.
Glad to hear that you like it! For me, and for many others, it's a games that grows on you. Mostly because it's so slow to get going. The devs just get better and better at making new modes, mechanics, systems, weapons, warframes, and environments, and some of it you can only get a bit later in the game. So if you like it now, there is much more good to come!
KassBot

Post by KassBot »

I keep nagging on and on about this game... but, there's been some interesting announcements for Warframe.
So in case someone is interested, take a look at this:

https://youtu.be/cutWz4Jnh_U?t=1069
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Is there much of a reason to play it solo? I know it's an online game, but is there any kind of single player campaign to speak of?
KassBot

Post by KassBot »

Alex79uk wrote: August 14th, 2018, 3:26 pm Is there much of a reason to play it solo? I know it's an online game, but is there any kind of single player campaign to speak of?
You can play solo, but there isn't any campaign really. There are some really amazing story heavy quest, but they are very deep into the game. They didn't have the money to make a story in the early days, but eventually started to make story content after a couple of years. The story and the universe thats in there is amazing in my opinion, but if you're only looking for a traditional campaign then i don't think Warframe is for you sadly.
Suits

Post by Suits »

Rather late to the party but I downloaded this on Switch last night and have pretty much played it all day.

It’s cool. I like it.

I will play more.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I could see myself getting in to this if I get a switch. I had a quick play on my sons and the combat is pretty enjoyable. It definitely seems like the sort of game to dip in and out of on a handheld moreso than playing it on one of the bigger consoles I tend to dedicate to more story focused gaming.
Suits

Post by Suits »

I’ve only played it docked so far to be honest with you, which seems daft as I have a Xbox X and PS4-P sitting besides my Swicth and it does look way under res but when your caught in a fire fight you don’t really notice it as much as when your walking about your ship.

I’ll have to give it a go in handheld mode, see how it holds up.

It kind of reminds of the old Halo:ODST Firefight mode - (which was brilliant) with its wave based rounds with nasties coming at you and I also appreciate the seek and destroy type missions where you have a certain amount of nasties to kill before the mission ends.

Having people drop in and drop out of your missions is cool and makes it feel more alive.

I’m going to play it for a bit longer then maybe throw a few pound at it for a new gun and skin or two.

It’s replaced Starlink as my melt-out, podcast game.
KassBot

Post by KassBot »

Nice to see some people trying it out =)
Just a quick tip for you, don't spend money on weapons or warframes. They can all be optained through gameplay.
And also, a lot of new players miss how the movement works. They don't teach you the more advance movement in the turorial. Check the codex on the ship and there should be a movement 2.0 tutorial in there somewhere.
Suits

Post by Suits »

Awesome tips.

Cheers man 👍🏽.
ReprobateGamer

Post by ReprobateGamer »

KassBot wrote: April 24th, 2019, 9:44 pm Nice to see some people trying it out =)
Just a quick tip for you, don't spend money on weapons or warframes. They can all be optained through gameplay.
And also, a lot of new players miss how the movement works. They don't teach you the more advance movement in the turorial. Check the codex on the ship and there should be a movement 2.0 tutorial in there somewhere.
This!

Platinum should only go on inventory slots to add warframes or weapons to your overall stock, at least at the lower levels

you also don't need to worry about transmuting/fusions/endo if you are only in the inner core of worlds - the base level is fine here. However, if you decide to keep moving out into the gas giants, or tackle nightmare missions, then fusing and polarity will become much more important ...

And if you have Twitch Prime, there are rewards for linking the two accounts. I've had booster sets, colours, customisations, three of the Prime frames, and an assortment of weapons as a result.

If you are looking for targets early on, try looking at the Nightwave station (bottom right in the star map) - these work very similar to Destiny bounties and give something to aim for early on.

Finally, you can get access to the two open-world spaces (Eidolon Plains on Earth, and Orb Vallis on Venus) pretty early on but just accept that it's going to be a hard slog at low levels ...