The Monster Hunter multiplayer thread!

Here's where you can arrange game nights and meetups on the platforms of your choice
arry_g

Re: The Monster Hunter multiplayer thread!

Post by arry_g »

Any tips for breaking a G. Jaggi's head? I need two King's Frill and haven't been able to get a single one after six attempts. I use a long sword and sometimes a hammer.
DarthCuddles

Post by DarthCuddles »

arry_g wrote:Any tips for breaking a G. Jaggi's head? I need two King's Frill and haven't been able to get a single one after six attempts. I use a long sword and sometimes a hammer.
I think I read somewhere that mounting it does damage to the head and the frill

and if anyone wants to use it for chat while hunting, since I discovered how bad the text chat is, my teamspeak server details

london[THREE].teamspeak.net:22192 -- the three in the square brackets should be the character 3

server password: 3dayiro3

there are a few rooms so one should be available for hunting, while other people on it are doing other shit
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Another session going on here if anybody wants to jump in. Just add either myself, Grim or RebornParachute
arry_g

Post by arry_g »

DarthCuddles wrote:
arry_g wrote:Any tips for breaking a G. Jaggi's head? I need two King's Frill and haven't been able to get a single one after six attempts. I use a long sword and sometimes a hammer.
I think I read somewhere that mounting it does damage to the head and the frill
I got two frills this morning before work. Your advice seems solid. I now have the full set of Jaggi armour I was working for, the first time I feel as though I've completed a goal I set out for in MH. It feels good. Thank you.
Grimsgrams

Post by Grimsgrams »

Got a room open, anyone's welcome. If you don't have me on your friends list, current ID is 51-8746-8393-8440 and PW is 2263 (as in 'cane' on a keypad!)
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Grimsgrams wrote:Got a room open, anyone's welcome. If you don't have me on your friends list, current ID is 51-8746-8393-8440 and PW is 2263 (as in 'cane' on a keypad!)
Coming

Edit: I can't play this game without each session being around 2-3 hours, back later. Say 8pm?
Grimsgrams

Post by Grimsgrams »

Me & Mike are going out for a little late night hunting - join us why don'tcha!
Jinkkai

Post by Jinkkai »

just ran some hunts with Grim and leddy. Damn near destroyed everything. Thanks for the hunts guys!
RebornParachute

Post by RebornParachute »

Grimsgrams wrote:Me & Mike are going out for a little late night hunting - join us why don'tcha!
Can't believe I managed to miss both hunts yesterday, typical :lol:

How far are you guys through the guild quests now?
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

You nocturnal hunters are so elusive! :)
DarthCuddles

Post by DarthCuddles »

How do you unlock more guild quests? Do you have to complete all of the 1 star ones?
Jinkkai

Post by Jinkkai »

http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/MH4:_Village_Quests -Make sure you do all the key quests and speak to everyone that has the yellow speech bubble then you'll get your urgent quest.

http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/MH4:_Guild_Quests - Just do all the key quests and then you'll get an Urgent quest, do that and you'll rank up.
DarthCuddles

Post by DarthCuddles »

I wish they'd just unblock the guild shit off the bat, I really don;t need to hunt the monsters in level one anymore, I need Gore Maglala, Rathalos and Rathian bits which is forcing me to just play single player
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

RebornParachute wrote:
Grimsgrams wrote:Me & Mike are going out for a little late night hunting - join us why don'tcha!

All 3 of us hit HR3 in the last few days, with the hunt rotation system nobodies ever out of the loop so come and play mate. You're an asset to the team but watch out because I can be unwieldy with the long sword (which has finally returned) and I know how close we can get when wailing on the post-mounted.

Next big monster I'm after is the pink rathian so I may be clamouring for a few hunts at that once it pops up but as fast as we're going I don't see any need to rush.
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Just having a small session now if anybody wants to join either Grim or myself

66-0996-1612-7237
Pass: 2263
DarthCuddles

Post by DarthCuddles »

gonna blast through some Guild Quests in Monster Hunter,60-9413-6043-6043-6944 passcode is 1992 if anyone wants to join
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Another session in progress here, we need 1 more.

65-9492-9232-5370

Pass: 2263

Edit: Well, what a day. Looks like we're destined to be a 3 player team for eternity but on the flipside we've dished out so much damage to so many monsters that it's been a fun ride to high rank. Maybe tomorrow we'll all be getting well into HR4 ;) A huge thanks to the community for some amazing games so far especially Grim, Jinkkai, RebornParachute, Ro-Noc and DarthCuddles. No sign of the train slowing down and of course we're all keeping our older equipment sets to keep the game even for new additions. Right, time to see if I can solo a Dah'ren Mohran now :D
Jinkkai

Post by Jinkkai »

restocking supplies this evening for our next eventual run.
RebornParachute

Post by RebornParachute »

mikeleddy83 wrote:
RebornParachute wrote:

All 3 of us hit HR3 in the last few days, with the hunt rotation system nobodies ever out of the loop so come and play mate. You're an asset to the team but watch out because I can be unwieldy with the long sword (which has finally returned) and I know how close we can get when wailing on the post-mounted.

Next big monster I'm after is the pink rathian so I may be clamouring for a few hunts at that once it pops up but as fast as we're going I don't see any need to rush.
Well I've only got the Gore Magala urgent to go up to HR3 (tried soloing him and he destroyed me haha). And looking at the wiki there's only like 5 key quests to do and I'm confident against most of those monsters (exception being Zinogre, had real trouble with him in the caravan quests), so it should be easy enough to catch up.

Also, anyone got any tips for high ranks? Just recently started the caravan high rank and barely made it through the first quest with the hermit crab thing.
DarthCuddles

Post by DarthCuddles »

if anyone want's to join me I'll be farming the Gore Magala to get it's complete armour set

54- 2884-5642-6622

passcode: 1992